DCS 2.5 Helicopter mods

:thumbup:, Mav', all crystal clear. That's what I call 'detailed instructions'.

And thanks a lot for sharing them, mate.

Just a silly question, now: having installed the KA-50 mod previously is mandatory, right?

With best regards.

Edited by JagHond

Sorry I've been gone for so long. Just getting back from over seas. Since so many have asked I can't keep up, here is the download links for the mods. They may be outdated so if anybody would like to do a better job at keeping them updated, feel free!

Hi,

Thanks for sharing them, I gave them a try (on the latest DCS openbeta) and this is my feedback:

- The two american helos need updated EDM files, currently they cant be seen on DCS 2.5.5

- The two russian helos can be flown provided they start in the air, but if set to start on the ramp they will sink below ground.

- Their cockpit is very low res, I would have liked them more if they just used the standard Ka-50 cockpit.

For your next projects, may I suggest to choose helos not currently available on DCS, like the Mi-1/3 and Mi-4, that instead of being flyable could be used by the AI? They would be very useful as background and AI helos on Cold War missions :)

Thanks a lot anyway .. I love to try new Mods.

Best regards,

Eduardo

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Helo Scripts

Hey Mav,

I tweaked the scripts on the blackhawk and ch-47 this weekend and managed to get them to properly take off and land on airfields and also on ships.

My only feedback is the weapons display on both the ch-47 and blackhawk need to be tweaked. Other than that. They work great for me. Great work Mav!!

Regards,

Johnny

Hey Mav,

I tweaked the scripts on the blackhawk and ch-47 this weekend and managed to get them to properly take off and land on airfields and also on ships.

My only feedback is the weapons display on both the ch-47 and blackhawk need to be tweaked. Other than that. They work great for me. Great work Mav!!

Regards,

Johnny

Awesome news! Thanks for keeping them updated. As much as I love DCS, I have little time to work on modding now that my time in the Marines is coming to an end. Glad people enjoy them!

Hey Mav,

I know what you mean by time. I spent 24 years in the Navy sailing the high seas. It's a whole nother world once you hang up your uniform.

I love playing DCS as well so when I see small issues I try to fix them. What software do you use to edit the Mods? Thanks.

Johnny

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Please be aware, Mav is back in the Marines, and on duty.

He may not be available for some time.

Thanks for understanding.

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...