VR Shaders mod for better VR experience

No luck with this one... I am getting a compiling error:

I am loading the DCS Performance Mod for 2.5.5.41371 then I load the DCS VR Shaders 2.5.6 (ICPass) mod.

then don't load it, you aren't running 2.5.6....

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

I need to rephrase my question please. Looking back over the last many pages I am honestly confused and seeking clarity.

I am running the 2.5.5.41962 with this AWESOME VR Shaders Mod. I am happy.

Is there a performance boost, performance drop or suicide to let DCS update tot he latest beta with the new map updates and new lighting?

Also is this correct if updating:

1. Use jsgme to remove the VR Shaders mod

2. Let DCS update

3. Reapply this awesome VR shaders mod

4 delete the contents of FXO & MetaShaders2 and let them recompile the shaders anew

Is this the correct way to do it and is it good to do it please?

Thank you.

I need to rephrase my question please. Looking back over the last many pages I am honestly confused and seeking clarity.

I am running the 2.5.5.41962 with this AWESOME VR Shaders Mod. I am happy.

Is there a performance boost, performance drop or suicide to let DCS update tot he latest beta with the new map updates and new lighting?

Also is this correct if updating:

1. Use jsgme to remove the VR Shaders mod

2. Let DCS update

3. Reapply this awesome VR shaders mod

4 delete the contents of FXO & MetaShaders2 and let them recompile the shaders anew

Is this the correct way to do it and is it good to do it please?

Thank you.

You will need to download the compatible version of the shader mod to run with the beta - it isn't the same as the stable version mod. Look on the first page of this thread for the links to various versions.

So remove the mod, update DCS, download the new mod version for the beta and apply it to DCS, delete the contents of the fxo and metashaders2 folders,

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

then don't load it, you aren't running 2.5.6....

Im an idiot! I read your previous post wrong.

I mistook that the 2.5.5.xxx version was working in 2.5.6 with the ICPass mod.

I am still not having any luck with it loading and passing IC check when I run the 2.5.6 version with the ICPass mod.

Intel i7 9700k, 64GB DDR4 (Corsair), Gigabyte Z390 Master, RTX 2080 Ti AMP 11gb, 500GB Sabrent Rocket (System), 1TB XPG Gammix S11 Pro M.2 (DCS), Windows 11 64-bit Pro, Samsung 49" 4K CRG9 Monitor (5120x1440), Samsung Odyssey Plus, TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas, Various streamdecks, button boxes, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals, Corsair K95 Platinum, Iron Claw mouse.

DCS OB, F-14B Tomcat, F-18C Hornet, F-16C Viper, A-10C Warthog, F-5 Tiger II, AV-8B Harrier, P-51D Mustang, FC3, Super Carrier

Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas, (3) Cougar MFD's, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals, (2) Stream Decks, (1) Stream Deck XL, (1) Stream Deck Mini, Misc Button Boxes

Not tried it myself, but,

has links to a claimed 2.5.6 mod that passes ic for shader performance,in it's notes

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

You will need to download the compatible version of the shader mod to run with the beta - it isn't the same as the stable version mod. Look on the first page of this thread for the links to various versions.

So remove the mod, update DCS, download the new mod version for the beta and apply it to DCS, delete the contents of the fxo and metashaders2 folders,

Thank you for the help☺

hello,

I made the last version of my 3Dmigoto mod compatible again with Kegetys shader mod. I made more integration so it is now possible to change in realtime the MASKSIZE and AA size by pressing some keys in game. It looks like that MASKSIZE has not so much impact on fps, going from big mask size to tiny mask size make me win only 1~2 fps.

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

OK I tried it.

Before the attempt I was running the shader mod with

DCS version 2.5.5.41962 and it was AWESOME!

I just updated to DCS 2.5.6.44266

and

have shader mod version for 2.5.6.43503 running wit it.

Guys, I lost about 20fps average and have microstutters now where before I had none.

Can anyone please advise me on how to remedy or if you see I have done something wrong.

Yes, I did delete contents of metashaders2 and fxo files under savedgames as well as for each map I have installed.

this is pretty common on 2.5.6, but there have been other updates so check your settings in nVidia, in steam and also in default.vrsettings

Not sure what I am looking for to be honest. I am familiar with all these but not sure what is best due to so many different opinions now.

OK, Am I boned or is it a possibility for me to somehow revert my DCS back to 2.5.5.41962 without it taking 10 hours of redoing everything from scratch?

OR

Is this awesome shader pack going to update to fix/improve whatever crap DCS version 2.5.6.44266 did to mess everything up?

Thank you for the help friends☺.

depends on how you applied the mod, bu there are rollback instructions in the readme file.

if all else fails get the DCS updater utility, actually get it anyway its pretty useful, and then select advance update uptions, and select update to the latest release, which will get you to stable or update to user specified version and select open beta and 2.5.5.41962

I'd also invest some time in OvGME or JGSME and working out how to use them to apply MODS.

depends on how you applied the mod, bu there are rollback instructions in the readme file.

if all else fails get the DCS updater utility, actually get it anyway its pretty useful, and then select advance update uptions, and select update to the latest release, which will get you to stable or update to user specified version and select open beta and 2.5.5.41962

I'd also invest some time in OvGME or JGSME and working out how to use them to apply MODS.

Thank you. In the process now.☺

Any chance if we have news on IF/when this incredible shader mod will be updated to include/fix the current 2.5.6.44266 please anyone?

Probably asked before somewhere in on of the 113 pages :P but could anyone tell me the optimal masksize for the HP Reverb?

I tried 0.74 (as I read that somewhere), but I'm still slightly seeing rings in the outside of my view.

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Probably asked before somewhere in on of the 113 pages :P but could anyone tell me the optimal masksize for the HP Reverb?

I tried 0.74 (as I read that somewhere), but I'm still slightly seeing rings in the outside of my view.

so depends on the amount of distortion you are prepared to live with but, im currently on 660 and about to go to 670, remember to delete fxo and metashaders after each change

so depends on the amount of distortion you are prepared to live with but, im currently on 660 and about to go to 670, remember to delete fxo and metashaders after each change

:doh:

Forgot to delete 'em after masksize change

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

If I may ask as I probably have missed something, but I get this weird ring around the outside peripheral vision, and its like looking through prescription glasses that has this weird distortion around the FOV. I take it this has something to do with the mask size. What values should I use for the Rift CV1? I couldnt find anything in this thread.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

If I may ask as I probably have missed something, but I get this weird ring around the outside peripheral vision, and its like looking through prescription glasses that has this weird distortion around the FOV. I take it this has something to do with the mask size. What values should I use for the Rift CV1? I couldnt find anything in this thread.

There is no one-size-fits-all answer because it will depend on your IPD. I use a Rift S now, but iirc, I used about 0.61 or 0.62 with the CV1. So start there and keep bumping it up until you can't see the rings.

i7 6700k @ 4.6, Gigabyte Z170X-UD3, 32GB DDR4 2666, GTX 1070, Rift S | MS Sidewinder FFB2 w/ TM F-22 Pro Grip, TM TWCS Throttle, VKB T-Rudder Mk. IV

how do I adjust that? nvm, think I found it.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

Looks like it didnt change anything...this is the issue Im looking at. Look at the upper corners of the screenshot and youll see what I mean. Also I use the default IPD in game settings.

2024795754_DesktopScreenshot2020_03.13-19_02_36_68.thumb.jpg.de1492a7c2dd2f234c94f1b2f51926b0.jpg

My wallpaper and skins

The ring is an effect of the mask, which is one of the things that improves performance. If you adjust the masksize, you need to recompile the shaders which you do by deleting the Fxo and metashaders2 directories . The readme file has instructions on how and where to change the masksize.

I figured that part out, was curious if that is what the ring was about. I changed the size, but didnt see anything change.

My wallpaper and skins

I am so thankful for this mod. Seriously. ED could have done something like this anytime in the last 3 years at the very-very least. Simply outstanding quality of life enhancements here now.

I have NEVER had DCS running so well as right now. I am actually afraid to update or change any one little anything at all☺.

I am one grateful PC Pilot. Thank you for the hard work and I look forward to updates and info shares here and will check back often to learn more about this mod and how to better do things with it in effect.

Im starting to actually like this mod. I still see that ring, but its only around the top edges of my peripheral view. Is there a way to shift the mask view up a tad bit? No matter how much I change the mask size, I cant get the upper portion to go away. Hate to dump it because of that, considering I can actually READ stuff in the cockpit now...

My wallpaper and skins

The ring is an effect of the mask, which is one of the things that improves performance. If you adjust the masksize, you need to recompile the shaders which you do by deleting the Fxo and metashaders2 directories . The readme file has instructions on how and where to change the masksize.

I have the ring and everything set. But the outer ring/mask isnt blacked out. It is like a distorted image... Not sure whats causing that.

Intel i7 9700k, 64GB DDR4 (Corsair), Gigabyte Z390 Master, RTX 2080 Ti AMP 11gb, 500GB Sabrent Rocket (System), 1TB XPG Gammix S11 Pro M.2 (DCS), Windows 11 64-bit Pro, Samsung 49" 4K CRG9 Monitor (5120x1440), Samsung Odyssey Plus, TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas, Various streamdecks, button boxes, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals, Corsair K95 Platinum, Iron Claw mouse.

DCS OB, F-14B Tomcat, F-18C Hornet, F-16C Viper, A-10C Warthog, F-5 Tiger II, AV-8B Harrier, P-51D Mustang, FC3, Super Carrier

Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas, (3) Cougar MFD's, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals, (2) Stream Decks, (1) Stream Deck XL, (1) Stream Deck Mini, Misc Button Boxes