Kneeboard Builder (windows app)

AlaskanGrizzly

Possible bug report:

It appears that if the PDF has parentheses in the filename, the file will not convert. I get indications that the pdf converted, but the output folder is empty.

Does it still show the progress bar and the page conversion status text? Can you tell me the filepath of the .pdf file you were trying to import, the group name you were trying to use and the version of windows you are using? Thanks for the report.

Edited by AlaskanGrizzly

Not a bug as Windows doesn't allow it.. Shouldn't be able to even name that file with parantheses... Windows should error out stating that you can't use those kinds of character types...

WEIRD..

No, {}[]() are all legal characters in filenames under NTFS.

Version 1.2.1.0 Release

Version 1.2.1.0 is now available.

If you have version 1.2.0.0 installed the updated should occur automatically the next time you start Kneeboard Builder. (hopefully :))

Version 1.2.1.0 Changelog:

-fixed issue of .pdf files with names containing special characters not being imported correctly

-fixed issue of Kneeboard Builder not loading due to limited or lost internet connection

-updated readme file

Sounds Awesome! Will definitely use it!

Thank you for your work :thumbup:

regards Ganesh

She: "Your orders from ED have reached a total amount of $871,88 and your hardware expenses are countless..."
Me: "I can´t invest my money much better until i wait for Germanys Next Top Model": The
Bo-105 PAH1A1

+ Vulkan & continuous work on multithread & VR optimization!

Asus Z490E - 10900k@5,3GHz - 64GB 3600 DDR4 - 4090FE - Reverb G2 - MFG Crosswinds +DamperMod - Selfmade TableMounts - Centered VirPil T-50 Base with 20cm Extension - TM Warthog & Hornet Grip - TM Throttle +SlewMod - Pimped MSFFB2 for Huey - JetSeat SE on a sawn out office Chair - PointCTRL

Yes i to can confirm auto update works infact everything works my end, i would say one of the best mods for a long time top marks AlaskanGrizzly.

Eagles may soar high but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines.

System Spec.

Monitors: Samsung 570DX & Rift CV1

Mobo: MSI Godlike gaming X-99A

CPU: Intel i7 5930K @ 3.50Ghz

RAM: 32gb

GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti VR Ready

Cooling: Predator 360

Power Supply: OCZ ZX Series 80 Plus Gold

Drives: Samsung SSD's 1tb, 500g plus others with OS Win10 64 bit

Hi;

i have this error CLR20r3.

reinstalled " .NET Framework 4.5 " and " Ghostscript 64bit " and i have the same error , please need help :helpsmilie:

It looks like your system might have a missing or corrupt system .dll.

Try running Microsoft's System Checker Tool by following these instructions:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

Version 1.3.0.0 Released

Version 1.3.0.0 is now available.

If you have version 1.2.0.0 or higher installed the update should occur automatically the next time you start Kneeboard Builder.

Version 1.3.0.0 Changelog:

-added ability to change the size and position of the kneeboard displayed in DCS (feature available from the Options menu)

Edited by AlaskanGrizzly

Hey Alaskan Grizzly i like the new addition updated like a charm and moved and re-sized the Kneeboard does exactly what it says on the box.

Eagles may soar high but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines.

System Spec.

Monitors: Samsung 570DX & Rift CV1

Mobo: MSI Godlike gaming X-99A

CPU: Intel i7 5930K @ 3.50Ghz

RAM: 32gb

GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti VR Ready

Cooling: Predator 360

Power Supply: OCZ ZX Series 80 Plus Gold

Drives: Samsung SSD's 1tb, 500g plus others with OS Win10 64 bit

Version 1.4.0.0 Released

Version 1.4.0.0 is now available.

If you have version 1.2.0.0 or higher installed the update should occur automatically the next time you start Kneeboard Builder.

With version 1.4.0.0 you can now insert kneeboard images into existing missions. The kneeboard will be global and visible to all aircraft. I haven't been able to figure out how to do selective kneeboards for each aircraft (if even possible).

Backup your missions before inserting a kneeboard just in case something goes wrong. (I have not had any issues yet with .miz files becoming corrupted, but you never know...)

1) From the 'Create Custom Kneeboard' tab, select the kneeboard groups you would like to add your mission(s).

2) Click on the '.miz' button on the lower right side of the window.

3) Select a single mission or multiple missions in the file browser dialog and click 'Open'.

4) Your selected kneeboard groups will be automatically inserted into each selected mission, overwriting any existing kneeboard already in the mission.

Tip: If you want to clear a kneeboard from a mission or missions, perform steps 2-3 without selecting any kneeboard groups to add.

Version 1.4.0.0 Changelog

-added ability to insert a global kneeboard into existing mission(s) (.miz files)

-various code optimizations

I'm having probs running the programme. Any help appreciated Grizzly

Initially ver 1.3 even allowed me to import a pdf. But wont allow me to import any more pdf's after that. Ver 1.4 crashes on startup.

Any ideas.

Do you have .NET 4.5 and Ghostscript installed? Is it showing you any errors when it crashes?

No errors that I can see. Just windows asking me if I want to report the crash.

Yes on Ghostscript (incidentally I tried installing it to both Program files directory and then to the directory in which I had the kneeboard program - that didnt help).

As for .Net 4.5 it's reporting that I have a more recent version so it doesn't want to install that one.

p.s. just checked the versions - looks like 4.5 is not installed Ill try again.

Edited by eyusuf

No errors that I can see. Just windows asking me if I want to report the crash.

Yes on Ghostscript (incidentally I tried installing it to both Program files directory and then to the directory in which I had the kneeboard program - that didnt help).

As for .Net 4.5 it's reporting that I have a more recent version so it doesn't want to install that one.

Did you upgrade to version 1.3 from 1.2.1 when you started having problems, or was version 1.3 your original installation?

Have you tried a fresh download of the most current version? Here is the link:

Kneeboard Builder Version 1.4

.net is definately broken

I tried fixing it by using the supplied program from windows ... but it looks like the gremlins have got hold of my computer again.

How else could the program work once and then break.

A thousand curses on them gromlins ... ;-)

p.s. under framework64 folder in windows Ive got the ff versions

v2.0.50727

v3.0

v3.5

v4.0.30319

Curiously windows 7 is reporting that ive already got 4.5 installed ...

Edited by eyusuf

.net is definately broken

I tried fixing it by using the supplied program from windows ... but it looks like the gremlins have got hold of my computer again.

How else could the program work once and then break.

A thousand curses on them gromlins ... ;-)

p.s. under framework64 folder in windows Ive got the ff versions

v2.0.50727

v3.0

v3.5

v4.0.30319

Curiously windows 7 is reporting that ive already got 4.5 installed ...

Take a look at this blog post about repairing or reinstalling the .NET Framework.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2008/03/07/8108332.aspx

Here is a youtube link as well showing some steps from that blog:

EDIT:

Also try running the updater.exe in the Kneeboard Builder program directory to repair any corrupt or missing files in your installation, just in case it is a problem with the program.

Edited by AlaskanGrizzly