Kneeboard Builder (windows app)

AlaskanGrizzly

Sorry for the delayed response, I was away travelling.

Skullleader,

Is it doing that for every .pdf file you try to import or just the one? If it is just the one could you send me the .pdf file? Thanks.

metalfan_6666,

Have you completely closed and restarted Kneeboard Builder since you finished installing your two modules in DCS World? Also make sure Kneeboard Builder is pointing to the correct DCS World installation (Standard, OpenAlpha or OpenBeta) in 'Options -> Preferences'

fitness88,

I must admit I am stumped as to why it is not working correctly for you. Just to clarify things: Are the values in the standard installation ViewportHandling.lua only being changed to the values from your OpenBeta profiles? Or are the values not being changed at all?

Is it doing that for every .pdf file you try to import or just the one? If it is just the one could you send me the .pdf file? Thanks.

Thanks AlaskanGrizzly,

In fact I meet this problem with all my modules:

A10-C, KA-50, MiG-21, M2K, MiG-15, Huey, L-39, P-51D, F-86, Mi-8, Bf-109, FW-190 and C-101...

After many tests impossible to import all these documentations...

In advance a great thanks, Skull.

Thanks AlaskanGrizzly,

In fact I meet this problem with all my modules:

A10-C, KA-50, MiG-21, M2K, MiG-15, Huey, L-39, P-51D, F-86, Mi-8, Bf-109, FW-190 and C-101...

After many tests impossible to import all these documentations...

In advance a great thanks, Skull.

Thanks for the info. Have you tried running it as an administrator\?

Edited by AlaskanGrizzly

Thanks for the info. Have you tried running it as an administrator\?

Yes it's always the same problem, maybe it's from my computer, no ?

Thanks again, Skull.

The offset function is used when you are exporting gauges or views to another screen. In such a case your total DCS World screen resolution might show as 2220 x 1600 when your main DCS window is really only 1920 x 1080, making the kneeboard show outside of the main DCS window. The offset function allows you to set a -300 pixel X and -520 pixel Y offset to make the kneeboard show up inside the main DCS screen at the correct position.

If you are using three screens just as single wide DCS display window you should leave the offsets at 0 and position the kneeboard in Kneeboard Builder like you would normally with just a single screen.

I hope that makes sense. Let me know if you need a better explanation.

Hello there.

thank you for your help.

I tried repositioning the Kneeboard but it stays locked to the right most side of the screen (right screen).

Yes I am using the 3 screens as a single wide display.

When I reposition the kneeboard I save the profile and lunch DCS. That is all that is needed, correct?

Kaby Lake @ 4.6Ghz - Gigabyte Z170-D3H - 16Gb DDR4 - Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 OC - Samsung EVO 250Gb SSD - Seagate 1 Tb HDD - HTC Vive - Rift CV1

This may seem a totally daft question Skulleader, but are you carrying out the second stage to create custom kneeboards after you have converted the PDFs?

Also, be aware that you most probably have 2 installations of DCS World, and you need two kneeboard builders, one pointing at each.

Please don't think I think you're daft, but things like this can be to blame, who knows?

Hello there.

thank you for your help.

I tried repositioning the Kneeboard but it stays locked to the right most side of the screen (right screen).

Yes I am using the 3 screens as a single wide display.

When I reposition the kneeboard I save the profile and lunch DCS. That is all that is needed, correct?

If the profile is not set as the default profile then make sure you select the profile using the taskbar icon after you save it.

I checked both of it and i restarted it multiple times, also it´s pointing to the correct DCS World installation (Standard) but it somehow doesnt work. I can make a kneeboard for all aircrafts but not different kneeboards for each aircraft.

Sorry for the late reply. Can you email your 'KneeboardBuilder.exe.config' to me at s13solutions@hotmail.com. The config file is located in the main Kneeboard Builder folder. Thanks again and I apologize for the difficulties you are having.

It sounds like Ghostscript (the pdf converter) is not working correctly for you. I will take a closer look and see if I can figure out why.

Thanks again, you're the best +

I'm getting a Norton WS.Reputation.1 alert on KneeboardBuilder.exe and Updater.exe when I unzip the files. Anyone else see this? I think it just means that these files are not seen a lot in the Norton community and so are regarded as suspicious.

I am not sure how that works (if it even does work). I am assuming it is still a work in progress.

This is the reply I received from eagle support:

"You need to use "Kneeboard Make Shortcut" command for create shortcut on current kneeboard page (up to 10) and then you'll be able jump to these pages by appropriate commands "Kneeboard Jump to Shortcuts #"."

How work groups? Can you easily swap to a given group, or do you have to create bookmarks?

Thanks

Favorite modules : Huey, F-86F, F14 and P-51D

Quest 2, RTX 3080, i7 10700K, 16 Gb of RAM, Pro Flight Trainer PUMA helicopter setup, Warthog HOTAS with two force sensitive stick, custom cockpit and a GS-Cobra dynamic seat.

Isn't it possible to import existing PNG from another kneeboard? That would be fine.

Favorite modules : Huey, F-86F, F14 and P-51D

Quest 2, RTX 3080, i7 10700K, 16 Gb of RAM, Pro Flight Trainer PUMA helicopter setup, Warthog HOTAS with two force sensitive stick, custom cockpit and a GS-Cobra dynamic seat.

Is this program safe to run? 1st attempt to extract from winrar Norton blocked it, 2nd attempt with Norton disabled Windows blocked it.

Trying to create a custom kneeboard to help me learn certain stuff while in the aircraft like creating a new waypoint etc(A10C) but in my Saved Games folder there is no kneeboard and I tried to create one an add the png snippet I saved there does'nt work. So I thought I'd try this program an this happends.

Is this program safe to run? 1st attempt to extract from winrar Norton blocked it, 2nd attempt with Norton disabled Windows blocked it.

Trying to create a custom kneeboard to help me learn certain stuff while in the aircraft like creating a new waypoint etc(A10C) but in my Saved Games folder there is no kneeboard and I tried to create one an add the png snippet I saved there does'nt work. So I thought I'd try this program an this happends.

If Windows blocks the program there should be an option to run the program anyway. It is due to having a low reputation because it doesn't have a large pool of users.

Thanx for tip, yeah I was saving the screeny as .png when it needed to BMP or whatever that one is called. got it sorted now. Had to create a kneeboard folder in saved games as I guess by default it's not provided with install. Man I shoud'vle done this 5-6 yrs ago.