Kneeboard Builder (windows app)

AlaskanGrizzly

I just deleted everything that had kneeboard on it...ran DCS repair. Now when I try to update it windows shuts down the app.

help....

The new update is ready. Try running it again and hopefully it will work for you.

Also if you having issues with a prior mission appearing in the dynamic kneeboard try deleting this folder:

C:\Users\{Your User Profile Name}\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS

Edited by AlaskanGrizzly

Version 1.6.6.0 Released

Version 1.6.6.0 is now available.

Changelog

-Added kneeboard profile system

-Added taskbar icon and kneeboard profile selection from taskbar

-Combined position and colors windows

-Added option in preferences to automatically keep MiG-21 kneeboard clear of default sample files

-Added option in preferences to disable taskbar notifications

-Fixed MiG-21 kneeboards pointing to wrong locations

-Various GUI changes

NOTE:

Existing custom kneeboard position and color settings will automatically be saved to a profile named 'Legacy' the first time you open 'Kneeboard Settings' (Options -> Kneeboard Settings).

Profiles can be switched using the kneeboard taskbar icon and a default profile can be set in 'Kneeboard Settings'.

The new update is ready. Try running it again and hopefully it will work for you.

Also if you having issues with a prior mission appearing in the dynamic kneeboard try deleting this folder:

C:\Users\{Your User Profile Name}\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS

Thanks for the reply.

I couldn't find that file in my app data. Sadly I'm on windows 8.1 is there any issues with that?

Thanks so much!

Thanks for the reply.

I couldn't find that file in my app data. Sadly I'm on windows 8.1 is there any issues with that?

Thanks so much!

Try these steps:

1) Delete the folder 'KneeboardData' at \Saved Games\DCS\Data\KneeboardData

2) Open Kneeboard Builder rebuild a kneeboard using the dynamic kneeboards

3) Fly a mission and see if the dynamic kneeboards work.

Try these steps:

1) Delete the folder 'KneeboardData' at \Saved Games\DCS\Data\KneeboardData

2) Open Kneeboard Builder rebuild a kneeboard using the dynamic kneeboards

3) Fly a mission and see if the dynamic kneeboards work.

It looked like it worked for a second....

Because it was only displaying Black Sea Flight.

I deleted that folder and then jumped into Smerch Hunt...checked and awesome...its displaying smerch hunt.

Jumped into the campaign I'm working on...and sadly its displaying Smerch hunt again.

This is a totally fresh install of DCS...not sure what to do.

How can I 100% make sure I removed all the old kneeboard files....I want to try a fresh reinstall.

Thank you for the help.

It looked like it worked for a second....

Because it was only displaying Black Sea Flight.

I deleted that folder and then jumped into Smerch Hunt...checked and awesome...its displaying smerch hunt.

Jumped into the campaign I'm working on...and sadly its displaying Smerch hunt again.

This is a totally fresh install of DCS...not sure what to do.

How can I 100% make sure I removed all the old kneeboard files....I want to try a fresh reinstall.

Thank you for the help.

Is it only not working for the campaign you are working on or does it also occur for the stock campaigns?

Do you have any other mods that you are using?

Hi, AG

I tried to find if this is possible in the thread, but it's rather large.

Is it possible to remove the first 4 panel maps that are designed to import a pre mission flight plan?

We always enter the flight plans while in the pit. Flight plans don't update to those maps when your already in mission.

Thanks great mod, sir

Gunny

23j21jd.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SysSpecs:

Display= 4K 55" UHD JU6700 Series Curved Samsung

Processor= Intel64 i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz

RAM= 16 GB Ripjaws 4 series DDR4 2400 MHz

GPU= NVIDIA GeForce MSI GTX 980 OCV1 1152MHz Core 4GB GDDR5 Memory

Storage= 128GB Apotop S3C SSD

Storage= 2TB Toshiba DT01ACA200 HDD

OS= Win 10

Peripheral= TrackIR5 w/ TrackClip PRO

Controller= Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG™ USAF Replica :joystick:

Is it possible to remove the first 4 panel maps that are designed to import a pre mission flight plan?

We always enter the flight plans while in the pit. Flight plans don't update to those maps when your already in mission.

Thanks great mod, sir

Gunny

A while ago I spent a good week or two trying to figure out how to do that. I managed to get the maps to disappear, but I could not remove the blank kneeboard error pages that took their place. I plan on trying to readdress that again in the future.

In the mean time, if you don't want to see the default flight plan on those maps, you can customize the kneeboard color scheme (Options -> Kneeboard Settings) to make the flight plan invisible. Just set the alpha to '0' for each color and they won't be visible anymore.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2456759&postcount=3

Edited by AlaskanGrizzly

Version 1.6.6.1 Released

Version 1.6.6.1 is now available.

Changelog

-'Groups Selected' box now displays groups already in the selected kneeboard

NOTE:

This will make it easier to see what is already on the selected kneeboard and insert additional groups without having to re-add all the prior groups.

Thanks for the reply.

Thanks so much!

I figured it out.

There's something going on in DCS and windows 10 that makes the game crash every once in awhile. Whatever mission I was on gets stuck in the kneeboard.

I tried just clicking Users/Me/appdata/dcs/ but couldnt find it anywhere in file explorer

I typed in the address manually and it appeared...deleted the dcs folder and it works.

For now whenever the game crashes I have to manually do that every time....at least until I figure out whats causing the crashes to happen.

Thank you so much for your help....I hope you take this as a compliment to your great app that I was so desperate to get it working again....I don't like flying without it.

I figured it out.

There's something going on in DCS and windows 10 that makes the game crash every once in awhile. Whatever mission I was on gets stuck in the kneeboard.

I tried just clicking Users/Me/appdata/dcs/ but couldnt find it anywhere in file explorer

I typed in the address manually and it appeared...deleted the dcs folder and it works.

For now whenever the game crashes I have to manually do that every time....at least until I figure out whats causing the crashes to happen.

Thank you so much for your help....I hope you take this as a compliment to your great app that I was so desperate to get it working again....I don't like flying without it.

I am glad you got it working again. In the next update I will look at adding a feature to automatically keep that directory cleared out so you don't have to do it manually every time.

Im trying your mod and it looks like it should work. Ive been able to import a pdf fine but when I set the kneeboard position on the screen it is not holding there in game. Is there lua file I can adjust directly? I want the board at 0 0 on my screen

I was in Art of the Kill D#@ it!!!!

Im trying your mod and it looks like it should work. Ive been able to import a pdf fine but when I set the kneeboard position on the screen it is not holding there in game. Is there lua file I can adjust directly? I want the board at 0 0 on my screen

Are you saving your kneeboard profile before closing the position screen and are you selecting your profile using the taskbar icon (or select it as the default profile)?

The file being modified is

Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common\Cockpit\ViewportHandling.lua

If it is my modified ViewportHandling.lua file (it will have 6 'locals' at the top), you should change lines #3 and #4 to:

local kneePosY = 0

local kneePosX = 0

If it is the default ViewportHandling.lua file, change line #29 to:

dedicated_viewport = {0,0,default_width,default_height}

Just installed crashes when I start it up after the splash screen.

Windows 7 64 and have the 4.5.2 library.

Problem Event Name: CLR20r3

Problem Signature 01: KneeboardBuilder.exe

Problem Signature 02: 1.6.6.1

Problem Signature 03: 55da315d

Problem Signature 04: mscorlib

Problem Signature 05: 4.0.30319.34209

Problem Signature 06: 53489fcf

Problem Signature 07: 4524

Problem Signature 08: 13c

Problem Signature 09: System.Windows.Markup.XamlParse

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 26ca

Additional Information 2: 26ca318bd0bc8da1d418838afd5fed81

Additional Information 3: 6c9c

Additional Information 4: 6c9c1c72e7956e9c8a40060d4d4e92c1

Just installed crashes when I start it up after the splash screen.

Windows 7 64 and have the 4.5.2 library.

Problem Event Name: CLR20r3

Problem Signature 01: KneeboardBuilder.exe

Problem Signature 02: 1.6.6.1

Problem Signature 03: 55da315d

Problem Signature 04: mscorlib

Problem Signature 05: 4.0.30319.34209

Problem Signature 06: 53489fcf

Problem Signature 07: 4524

Problem Signature 08: 13c

Problem Signature 09: System.Windows.Markup.XamlParse

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 26ca

Additional Information 2: 26ca318bd0bc8da1d418838afd5fed81

Additional Information 3: 6c9c

Additional Information 4: 6c9c1c72e7956e9c8a40060d4d4e92c1

I am wondering if you have a corrupt system .dll that is not working correctly.

Try running Microsoft's System Checker Tool by following these instructions:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

If that doesn't fix the issue, you could try the .Net repair tool as well:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30135

If neither of those work, try this older version and don't update when it asks.

Kneeboard Builder v1.6.5.2

Hi Alaskangrizzly,

Thank you for your wonderful program. It works great for me! I'm having one small hang up I am hoping you can help me with. When trying to adjust the position of the kneeboard I am having issues. I run in 1920 x1080 on my main screen but also use 2 small Lilliport monitors for my MFCDs. So I believe DCS says my resolution is something like 1920 x 1660 or something like that. When I try to position my kneeboard so it is just on my main monitor, it looks good on your preview but in flight I always find that it is split between the main screen and spreads down to one of the small monitors. Is there a work around for this or something I am doing wrong? Any help greatly appreciated. Cheers Jason

Win 10 Pro, Intel i9 9900k overclocked to 5.1 (water cooled), 64 gb Corsair Dominator platinum RAM (3444 MHz)

Titan RTX overclocked and water cooled

1.1 TB SSD 2 TB M.2 SSD

TM Warthog Stick and throttle

MFG Crosswinds

Reverb VR

Buttkicker LFE, SimShaker, Jetseat.

All DCS modules

Hi Alaskangrizzly,

Thank you for your wonderful program. It works great for me! I'm having one small hang up I am hoping you can help me with. When trying to adjust the position of the kneeboard I am having issues. I run in 1920 x1080 on my main screen but also use 2 small Lilliport monitors for my MFCDs. So I believe DCS says my resolution is something like 1920 x 1660 or something like that. When I try to position my kneeboard so it is just on my main monitor, it looks good on your preview but in flight I always find that it is split between the main screen and spreads down to one of the small monitors. Is there a work around for this or something I am doing wrong? Any help greatly appreciated. Cheers Jason

That is occurring because it is basing the kneeboard coordinates off of the 1920 x 1660 resolution. I will try adding a manual offset control in the next update that should fix that issue.

Thanks for the feedback.

Thank you so much!

Win 10 Pro, Intel i9 9900k overclocked to 5.1 (water cooled), 64 gb Corsair Dominator platinum RAM (3444 MHz)

1.1 TB SSD 2 TB M.2 SSD

MFG Crosswinds

Reverb VR

All DCS modules

Hi Alaskan...Not sure if my private messages or replies are working properly. I replied to your message but I don't see it in the message thread. Wanted to say the fix seems to work like a charm...thank you! Great work.

1.1 TB SSD 2 TB M.2 SSD

MFG Crosswinds

Reverb VR

All DCS modules

Version 1.6.6.2 Released

Version 1.6.6.2 is now available.

Changelog

- New website and tutorials at http://www.dcskneeboardbuilder.com

- New auto updater

- Automatically clears old temp missons from '../AppData/Temp/DCS' folder to prevent old missions from displaying in Dynamic Kneeboards

- Added manual offsets to DCS screen resolution in modify position window

- Various minor bug fixes and GUI changes

NOTE:

Kneeboard Builder currently has limited functionality with UltraMFCD:

- Only groups built to the default kneeboard will display in UltraMFCD

- UltraMFCD must not be running when building the default kneeboard (Kneeboard Builder will crash).

- UltraMFCD cannot display aircraft specific kneeboards

- Moving Maps and Dynamic Kneeboards will not work with UltraMFCD (not much can be done about that as they are rendered by DCS)

- Size, Position and Color schemes will not modify the UltraMFCD kneeboard

• Like 1

Cool! Thank you!!

Have you solved in one of the updates the Mig21 font problem? cause lately I haven't encounter it anymore.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Hi, this great app worked for me, but I think one of the last few DCS updates broke it.

Not only did the pages disappear in my MiG21, but also some weird new ones appeared, plus in other planes I now have only one page from all the stock pages (or the kneeboard is totally broken and the pages won't go forward and backward).

Any idea how to fix it? Thanks!

Each time I get problems with it I re install it by extracting the files back again from last archive in a different folder. But I tend to believe that my previous problems with building the dynamic kneeboard were related with a sort of delay in selecting and action on the UI.

For default pages not deleted, try to remove them manually (they are located here: \DCS World\Bazar\Terrain\Kneeboard and \DCS World\Mods\aircraft\MIG-21BIS\Cockpit\KNEEBOARD\indicator\CONTENT )

Also make sure you checked these two options in App preferences:

kxvhYW1.png

edit - "small" request

starting from this thread

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=54702

I wonder if it is possible to create dynamic pages in kneeboard that could have history of "Chat" and "Server Messages" in them. In multiplayer many times we miss chat messages because they are cluttered with base server messages like "x has been destroyed by y with z" or "x jumped into this plane slot or spectators" etc, also there are the server messages that distribute info about the mission (like in Blue Flag Campaign) and they could stay a bit longer in a kneeboard page.

Edited by zaelu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least