HP Reverb G2 Announced - next Gen

dburne

16 Sep 2020 EU release date according to that website? Looooook wait.. so impatient. I sold my Rift S in anticipation and I am missing DCS currently. (And I am also waiting on a VKB order).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

16 Sep 2020 EU release date according to that website? Looooook wait.. so impatient. I sold my Rift S in anticipation and I am missing DCS currently. (And I am also waiting on a VKB order).
Didn't someone say the US would get it in November? Strange that EU would have it released first. If it's September I may as well preorder because I'm not changing addresses until possiblity November.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Man oh man getting more and more tempted on this one.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Heck I should preorder. I just asked the voodomax guy on Reddit if he has an idea of when the official units would ship.

That MRTV guy is getting his preview unit soon so he will have a review up, according to the HP Reverb Reddit section.

If it's out in September it means I'll still be at my current address. If it's out later than that I can't really preorder because who knows where I'll end up address wise.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Man oh man getting more and more tempted on this one.

Nothing wrong with that. The changes they made to the G2 are confirmation that HP is listening to its customers about what they got wrong the first time. They are addressing pretty much every gripe that people had, including the hand controllers. Come to the dark side, Don. :D

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

Nothing wrong with that. The changes they made to the G2 are confirmation that HP is listening to its customers about what they got wrong the first time. They are addressing pretty much every gripe that people had, including the hand controllers. Come to the dark side, Don. :D

LOL, we'll see. Maybe next week.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Hi All, I'm considering doing a pre-order based on some of the positive comments here and from reading their website stuff. I currently have a Gen 1 Reverb and am fairly happy with it. A few questions before I pull the trigger:

1. The resolution per eye specs seem the same as the G1 (2160x2160). Is there anything else that has made the resolution better?

2. No mention of FOV. I assume that also has not changed.

3. Does the G2 still have the option for a plug in set of earbuds if we don't want to use the built in headphones?

4. The headset strap looks different. But has there been any changes to the facepad? Many people, including me, have had issues with eye relief (as in not enough). Have they beefed up the padding to fix that common issue?

5. Is the supposedly larger sweet spot a function of the adjustable IPD settings or more due to higher quality lenses?

Huge thanks. This looks very interesting if it does what the glossy brochures says it does.

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

LOL, we'll see. Maybe next week.

This is for you Don!

Hahaha... i am happy with the reverb g1, but i'll think this is the ultimate dream! :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

This is for you Don!

Hahaha... i am happy with the reverb g1, but i'll think this is the ultimate dream! :D

Lol, yeah I saw that yesterday.

Don B

I put on the naughty shoes and contact pre-sales from Hp in my country. Too ask if they know when i can pre-order the HP Reverb G2. The headset must now going on full production by HP. So asking is better then guessing... :D Hope they can answer.

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Hi All, I'm considering doing a pre-order based on some of the positive comments here and from reading their website stuff. I currently have a Gen 1 Reverb and am fairly happy with it. A few questions before I pull the trigger:

1. The resolution per eye specs seem the same as the G1 (2160x2160). Is there anything else that has made the resolution better?

2. No mention of FOV. I assume that also has not changed.

3. Does the G2 still have the option for a plug in set of earbuds if we don't want to use the built in headphones?

4. The headset strap looks different. But has there been any changes to the facepad? Many people, including me, have had issues with eye relief (as in not enough). Have they beefed up the padding to fix that common issue?

5. Is the supposedly larger sweet spot a function of the adjustable IPD settings or more due to higher quality lenses?

Huge thanks. This looks very interesting if it does what the glossy brochures says it does.

I'm definitely with you on the eye relief thing. Although HP doesn't specifically mention eye relief being one of the goals of the facepad design, they do say that its a more supportive material with a larger contact patch for greater comfort. I'm thinking that will also translate into the HMD not sinking as much into your face so you'll get better eye relief as a result.

The larger sweet spot I think is due to both the physical IPD adjustment and the better optics. I know that my sweet spot gets pretty damn small if I don't have my Reverb in exactly the right lateral position. My IPD is outside the maximum range, but I'm still making it work, barely. Barely is good enough, but it'll be nice to not have such tight tolerances.

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

I'm definitely with you on the eye relief thing. Although HP doesn't specifically mention eye relief being one of the goals of the facepad design, they do say that its a more supportive material with a larger contact patch for greater comfort. I'm thinking that will also translate into the HMD not sinking as much into your face so you'll get better eye relief as a result.

The larger sweet spot I think is due to both the physical IPD adjustment and the better optics. I know that my sweet spot gets pretty damn small if I don't have my Reverb in exactly the right lateral position. My IPD is outside the maximum range, but I'm still making it work, barely. Barely is good enough, but it'll be nice to not have such tight tolerances.

That all makes sense, thanks. And after re-reading the HP brochure more carefully - they do say it will have "increased cushion size". So hopefully that solves the eye relief issue.

https://h20195.www2.hp.com/v2/getpdf.aspx/4AA7-7491ENW.pdf

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

So, Connection does or does not charge you in full (not just the authorization that falls off, I’m talking the actual charge) when you complete the preorder? Or that only occurs when it ships?

Don said when it ships, folks on Reddit said otherwise. Figured I’d ask for clarity here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

So, Connection does or does not charge you in full (not just the authorization that falls off, I’m talking the actual charge) when you complete the preorder? Or that only occurs when it ships?

Don said when it ships, folks on Reddit said otherwise. Figured I’d ask for clarity here.

Yes they do charge you when you place the order from what I heard. But I heard it is an authorization charge that falls off later. So I would not use a bank card.

Here’s my experience - the full charge hit my credit card, but then went away after a few days. I sent a polite WTF email to them. Customer service was responsive and said it was to test the card and the full amount will not be charged until it ships.

Rig: i7-6850K, Sapphire 6900XT, 32GB RAM, Asus X99-Pro board.  Gear: VPC WarBRD/MongoosT-50 Stick, VPC MongoosMT-50 Throttle, VKB T-Rudders Mk.IV Pedals, HP Reverb G2.

Great, thanks fellas

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Don't know about Germany, but I will certainly be waiting for the official UK HP pre-order. I don't trust these 3rd party offerings!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Don't know about Germany, but I will certainly be waiting for the official UK HP pre-order. I don't trust these 3rd party offerings!

I was debating waiting for HP UK. (Currently clueless). Or ordering from Germany (who have preorder up now, so not clueless). Why are you not trusting an HP reseller?

Also guys: does anyone know. For use in DCS only do you need the handset controllers, or can you order the G2 without controllers and still get everything you need done with HOTAS, mouse, keyboard and VIACOM?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I was debating waiting for HP UK. (Currently clueless). Or ordering from Germany (who have preorder up now, so not clueless). Why are you not trusting an HP reseller?

Also guys: does anyone know. For use in DCS only do you need the handset controllers, or can you order the G2 without controllers and still get everything you need done with HOTAS, mouse, keyboard and VIACOM?

Where do you see the HP store Germany pre-order? Had a look, but can't see it.

I don't trust 3rd party resellers to come up with the goods before the HP stores. That's all. A lot of them promise stuff, but don't deliver.

I wouldn't imagine that the G2 will be available without controllers. For DCS, you don't need controllers, but there is a world outside of DCS - I think! Everything can be done with HOTAS, keyboard and mouse in DCS.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I wouldn't imagine that the G2 will be available without controllers. For DCS, you don't need controllers, but there is a world outside of DCS - I think! Everything can be done with HOTAS, keyboard and mouse in DCS.

2 controllers are automatically included in my preorder.