Stream Deck as a DX Button Box for VR

You need two components:

a virtual joystick emulator available from here: https://github.com/jshafer817/vJoy/releases/tag/v2.1.9.1

and a plugin for stream deck:

https://github.com/ashupp/Streamdeck-vJoy/releases/tag/0.0.1.6

install them both.

set up your virtual joystick , with no axis and as many buttons as you need using vJoy. also turn of FF back you dont need it

then add your DX buttons to your stream deck and configure your layout to your tastes

then add them in game

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

You need two components:

a virtual joystick emulator available from here: https://github.com/jshafer817/vJoy/releases/tag/v2.1.9.1

and a plugin for stream deck:

https://github.com/ashupp/Streamdeck-vJoy/releases/tag/0.0.1.6

Works an absolute treat, minimal resource, far easier to config than assigning new keyboards keys when not assigned in game, running helios so perfect, simple and effective. Good find, tnx for posting :)

SIGBLOCK.png

• 4 weeks later...

do you guys have a special trick to prevent same button number on different devices (virtual or real) to prevent interferences?

For example Push to mute, Toggle to mute etc in Discord is activated no matter if I use Warthog trottle, Warthog Stick or Button Box. The best way so far is mapping the button to a (non present) key. But its cumbersome as I need also a way to block this key.

Win 10 Pro | Trustmaster Warthog | MFG Rudders | VivePro Wireless Gear Lens modded | 1080ti OC Asus | 32 GB DD4 RAM | i7 9700 | Razer Chroma Orbweaver Keypad | Corsair KB | Derek Switchbox | USB Keypad | Logitech 502 | Jetseat with SimShaker Software | TrackIR5 | Autotkey | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs | Monstertech Mounts | Saitek Throttle Quadrant

i'm sort of confused on what you are asking? if you are using the button for discord, don't use it in DCS? But this is off topic, i suggest start a new thread.

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

do you guys have a special trick to prevent same button number on different devices (virtual or real) to prevent interferences?

For example Push to mute, Toggle to mute etc in Discord is activated no matter if I use Warthog trottle, Warthog Stick or Button Box. The best way so far is mapping the button to a (non present) key. But its cumbersome as I need also a way to block this key.

Its down to each piece of software how it handles an action and where in the food chain it is... a well written software will recognise DX17 for example was sent by a device with a particular ID others just react to DX17 regardless of the device used.

VA discriminates correctly Discord on the other hand does not... so in Discord DX1 on your joystick if set as PTT will also be activated by any other device sending a DX1, your throttle unit as an example. But them Discord is free and multi-platform... and well, that part is shite!

Edited by Gizzy

SIGBLOCK.png

Exactly Gizzy, that’s it. The only real downside of discord for me. Using Ucr AND Interception just for this. For the rest UCR is not good enough for me. Sorry for highjacking. Stopping now ;)

Win 10 Pro | Trustmaster Warthog | MFG Rudders | VivePro Wireless Gear Lens modded | 1080ti OC Asus | 32 GB DD4 RAM | i7 9700 | Razer Chroma Orbweaver Keypad | Corsair KB | Derek Switchbox | USB Keypad | Logitech 502 | Jetseat with SimShaker Software | TrackIR5 | Autotkey | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs | Monstertech Mounts | Saitek Throttle Quadrant

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/12/2021 at 12:18 AM, Mule said:

I installed both and can get vJoy as a device. I set up a button on stream deck as push and release but when I press it it pushes it once and stays in that state. I have to restart stream deck to get it to work again?

Can anyone walk me through the steps?

A PC restart isn't a bad idea. I have seen the buttons stick in the viewer, but it has never actually happened in-game or any other application, like SRS.

• 1 month later...
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...