FIRE and MASTER CAUTION are unreadable

Elphaba

I know that it's an 'art' effect to make the plastic of them reflective and the light to obscure what they are showing, but this art effect is baked onto these lights, it's not light dependent.

Combined with the lack of a 'deedle deedle' when something breaks, means it's virtually impossible to see this as soon as they illuminate.

I know the F14 is WIP, and I know there was an intent to have different levels of 'newness' / 'worn out' look for the cockpit graphics, so what we have now is probably the worn out version, but please, can you guys do something with these. Hard baking in glossy reflections to a light that is virtually never at the angle that it would obscure them, isn't helping.

Thank you.

+1

The Master Caution button is also missing its clickability in the rear pit! Currently it can only be pushed through a keybind.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

This lights look like this in reality. There are no glossy reflections built into those textures. The milky haziness to the glass is authentic per our SMEs.

I can look at increasing the lighting intensity, however per our SMEs, both of those lights were practically totally unreadable in sunlight.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

• 2 weeks later...

New purchaser here. I can barely see any change at all in the lights when the test switch is engaged in the first tutorial. As others have asked, any change in contrast would be helpful. Appreciate the realism, just a tweak would help.

I am also red/green color blind, so that probably makes it worse. Don't judge, I bribed the medical surgeon into this cockpit :smilewink:

No you can't read them even with typical color vision. Fire lights especially.

They really seem like left outside for a decade "Museum" wear, but they insist their Tomcat Driver SME's say that's how utterly terrible they were. Which if true is absurd.

Thanks for clarifying. The SME’s could cup their hands over the light in broad daylight.... :smilewink:

Here is a museum F14 showing the washed out Master caution, engine fire gauge on the left and a fake red one on the right. USS Midway.

B6070F9E-C269-417C-81A0-1B9F486CF913.thumb.jpeg.c7fa42e53e0115449adef270fbc573ec.jpeg

No you can't read them even with typical color vision. Fire lights especially.

They really seem like left outside for a decade "Museum" wear, but they insist their Tomcat Driver SME's say that's how utterly terrible they were. Which if true is absurd.

But again, these are clapped out museum pieces. Good parts get stripped.

I don't want to go into detail here as it is not my story to tell, but to summarize what our SME's have said on this topic is that the visibility of these lights could be so poor that it had a measurable effect on a real-life mishap at one point.

We'll strengthen the light a bit, however.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/