F-15E UFC poll - Page 21 - ED Forums

Notices

View Poll Results: WHAT UFC
Analog (old) 350 29.44%
Digital (new) 839 70.56%
Voters: 1189. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-21-2020, 10:54 PM   #201
Jmontezuma

Please at least make an option for both. It would be really unfortunate for us not to be able to faithfully recreate Desert Storm missions. The analog UFC is iconic with the Mudhen. Why even consider the digital one? Unless you are making an F-15E from like 2010+ it's not even relevant. Super excited for this module either way.
Jmontezuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 08:13 PM   #202
Auditor

Which one do you have the most information for?
That's the factor that I would use as a determination. Not people's opinions on if they like analog or digital.

EDIT: Also if you already have the analog model finished, don't listen to a poll on a forum and throw it out. Just give the analog version and tell people to get used to it. Please don't go backwards on progress to satisfy a forum poll full of people who probably don't know which one they wanted, anyway.

Last edited by Auditor; 06-24-2020 at 08:21 PM.
Auditor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 10:10 PM   #203
Rainmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmontezuma View Post
Please at least make an option for both. It would be really unfortunate for us not to be able to faithfully recreate Desert Storm missions. The analog UFC is iconic with the Mudhen. Why even consider the digital one? Unless you are making an F-15E from like 2010+ it's not even relevant. Super excited for this module either way.
I’ve probably stated this 5 times already, 2-3 in this thread alone. The suite 4+ version and the version that existed in Desert Storm are 2 different eras of the same airframe. That extends far beyond something a minute as a UFC. You can’t have both eras of the same jet regardless of what UFC you have. There’s too many under the hood changes that mean way more that the minute differences between the UFCs.
Rainmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 08:09 PM   #204
Jmontezuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
I’ve probably stated this 5 times already, 2-3 in this thread alone. The suite 4+ version and the version that existed in Desert Storm are 2 different eras of the same airframe. That extends far beyond something a minute as a UFC. You can’t have both eras of the same jet regardless of what UFC you have. There’s too many under the hood changes that mean way more that the minute differences between the UFCs.
That's great, but I haven't read every single comment from all 21 pages of this thread. Really my only gripe is that we are not going to get a F-15E that is new enough to warrant a digital UFC. If we are getting JHMCS, AIM-9X, GBU-39s, a Sniper pod, etc, then yeah, we should absolutely get the digital UFC because it would accurately represent our Strike Eagle. But like other people have stated, USAF didn't use the digital UFC until like 2010 and unless we are getting a Mudhen from 2010+ along with all new toys for weapons, the digital UFC makes zero sense and is just a frankenplane. Since I've been led to believe we will not be getting those things, a 2005ish Strike Eagle with a digital UFC is completely fictional and should not even be in the discussion. That and it seems like the vast majority of users who voted digital think it's a 4th MFD, which is not the case.

Once again, I'd love a digital UFC, but ONLY if we get a Mudhen with all the modern weapons and equipment to go with it. I'm just hoping that this poll is a means to gauge interest in modeling a digital UFC and they make the digital one an option for the people who want it since they already have the analog one modeled. Since it's the same functionality having an option for it in the special tab would be the perfect solution albeit a little more work. This is just what my impression of the situation is, I'm not a subject matter expert in the slightest. I would absolutely love to be proven wrong because obviously I would rather not state incorrect information. So if we used digital UFC within the time frame our Mudhen will be from (weapons and sensors included) I would love to see the info.

Last edited by Jmontezuma; 06-29-2020 at 04:33 PM.
Jmontezuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 08:20 PM   #205
Weasel

Quote:
That's great, but I haven't read every single comment from all 21 pages of this thread. Really my only gripe is that we are not going to get a F-15E that is new enough to warrant a digital UFC. If we are getting JHMCS, AIM-9X, GBU-39s, a Sniper pod, etc, then yeah, we should absolutely get the digital UFC because it would accurately represent our Strike Eagle. But like other people have stated, USAF didn't use the digital UFC until like 2010 and unless we are getting a Mudhen from 2010+ along with all new toys for weapons, the digital UFC makes zero sense and is juscant a frankenplane. Since I've been led to believe we will not be getting those things, a 2005ish Strike Eagle with a digital UFC is completely fictional and should not even be in the discussion. That and it seems like the vast majority of users who voted digital think it's a 4th MFD, which is not the case.

Once again, I'd love a digital UFC, but ONLY if we get a Mudhen with all the modern weapons and equipment to go with it. I'm just hoping that this poll is a means to gauge interest in modeling a digital UFC and they make the digital one an option for the people who want it since they already have the analog one modeled. Since it's the same functionality having an option for it in the special tab would be the perfect solution albeit a little more work. This is just what my impression of the situation is, I'm not a subject matter expert in the slightest. I would absolutely love to be proven wrong because obviously I would rather not state incorrect information. So if we used digital UFC within the time frame our Mudhen will be from (weapons and sensors included) I would love to see the info.
This
Weasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 04:41 PM   #206
=DECOY=

Sure you all guessed it but Digital WON !

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | 2080ti | 64GB DDR4 Ram | Virpil T50 | Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswinds | Rift S
Razbam Website | Facebook Page | Offical Razbam YouTube Channel

=DECOY= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 07:12 AM   #207
Kazansky222

whichever one takes less time and has fewer bugs.

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron
Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron
TS: 195.201.110.22
Kazansky222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 01:49 PM   #208
Eaglewings

Quote:
Really my only gripe is that we are not going to get a F-15E that is new enough to warrant a digital UFC. If we are getting JHMCS, AIM-9X, GBU-39s, a Sniper pod, etc,
So we are not getting those features?
Please is there a dedicated thread like a mini update page for the F-15Eagle by Razbam?
I like to know what are on board the version they(Razbam) are doing.