Radio transmission announcement

Gonzo1606689281

Hi Guys,

1. Is there a way to broadcast to the entire map a radio signal instead of having it be just like a 40 mile range?

2. Is there a way to stop a radio broadcast on a frequency and then start it again once the message is over?

What I am trying to do is broadcast military radio chatter over a frequency but then have trigger points were the broadcast is interrupted buy another announcement. I then want the chatter to resume. If its possible could you guys give me an example of how I would program it in?

Thanks in advance!

There is no way to trigger an audio file to play at a specific timestamp, to the best of my knowledge; you can only restart the playback from the beginning.

Your best option would be separate files, with enough overlap that they are unlikely to run out of material before the player reaches the next announcement.

Feefifofun,

I dont think I was clear enough.

1. I want to broadcast a signal to radio station 124.500 of military chatter.

2. When player X and Player y enter trigger zone 1 the military chatter "Pauses" and the radio announcement begins

3 When the announcement is over the military chatter "resumes"

The easiest way would be to use another trigger to start your chatter loop after you stopped it. so "loop running" stop trigger suggest a switched trigger, when X and Y satisfy the conditions, I.E. leave a zone or enter the zone, say, both in zone trigger the switched condition to start the chatter again. Sorry if not what you had in mind, just of the top of my head...

Feefifofun,

I dont think I was clear enough.

You were perfectly clear, your idea just doesn't work. You cannot pause and resume a single continuous sound file. Full stop.

You may stop playback, and you may start playback over from the beginning of the file. That is the extent of your transport control in DCS. Several other good alternatives have been offered up here, I'd reccommend exlploring some of those options.