This module died a natural death? - Page 4 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-13-2020, 09:24 PM   #31
YoYo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeriaGloria View Post
the last two patches
To be clear - it wasnt the last two patches for DCS OB - the last was 15.07 and 2.06. From last 27 patches for DCS OB MiG-19P had only ... 3. First post was edited also with correction so I don't know why we come back to that again.
The problem is that this module has a lot reported bugs from long time and that's where most of it ends. Team of MiG-19 probably focuses on the MiG-23 and this module never will be finished Im affraid. I'm losing faith in it, we have been forgotten here.
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, GTX 2080Ti 11Gb OC, RAM 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3200MHz,, 3xSSD+2xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] HP Reverb v2 VR only

Last edited by YoYo; 08-13-2020 at 09:36 PM.
YoYo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 09:41 PM   #32
Freefall57

I see what you are saying, but a better measure than the number of patches is the outstanding bugs / work. Otherwise, I could have a buggy module that I patch every update, but I add in a bug for every one removed. My patch record would look great (27 out of 27 for example) but the module would still have lots of bugs.

So what are the remaining bugs / work in your view? The main ones I am aware of are: the VR issue for some users on the Caucasus map (such as yourself) and the ARK-5 controls needing improvement. There is also an issue with the external view zooming (but I would class that as very minor, you may disagree). I also encountered a minor graphical bug the other day, but it did not affect gameplay. What are some other main issues?
Freefall57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 09:59 PM   #33
YoYo

For example M2000C in the last 27 patches recived 12 updates, AV-8B near the same. Both are more advanced models (for sure) but here the work is visible for me much more.
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, GTX 2080Ti 11Gb OC, RAM 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3200MHz,, 3xSSD+2xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] HP Reverb v2 VR only
Old 08-13-2020, 10:08 PM   #34
Freefall57

Right, but it is about the remaining issues, not the number of patches. They shouldn't be releasing patches for the fun of it and it can take time to nail an issue down (such as the VR issue). ED recently got in the habit of releasing too many patches too quickly and have pulled back as a result. Say they are working on the VR issue and ARK-5 issue, but are still coming up with workable solutions (and testing those solutions to make sure they don't create other issues), what would they be patching? So what are the other main issues or is it primarily those two?
Freefall57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 07:02 AM   #35
wowbagger

There are bugs with this module that have been around from release - some of which make it not worth spending limited simming time struggling against.

In my opinion, Razbam doesn't do a good enough job communicating what has been a confirmed as recognized bug, what they intend to do about it, and when it might fixed. The community manager mostly posts "I'll pass it along to the coders", and then nothing more is heard about it for months and months and months. In other Razbam modules things get moved, without comment, to the resolved bugs area after nothing has changed. Patches have fixes for things I've never noticed, but the show stopping bugs linger on for a year and a half.

Razbam doesn't communicate or interact with their users on this forum nearly as well as almost any other DCS developer, again in my opinion. Combine that with major bugs which have been there since release day and which have had no confirmation of being looked at, and it is easy to assume the module is not progressing.

Honestly, for my own experience, all they have to do is fix the damn ADF knob. I don't VR, so I can't speak to that, but I can sympathize with similar frustration that others might be feeling because of it.

I didn't expect much from the module when I bought it, but I was pleasantly surprised at what a nice plane it turned out to be. That is until I tried to actually employ it for more than joy riding. To have the only navigational tool be as dysfunctional as it is is frankly ridiculous.

They have one of the best mission makers there is for DCS but he is hamstrung by the state of the aircrafts' systems. The campaign for the Harrier is finally supposed to be around the corner, but look how long it has taken - because the systems weren't to the point where the mission maker could finish crafting a campaign. I was looking forwards to flying the Mig campaign - the main reason I bought the module. But I refuse to spend most of my time with my head stuck under my right armpit twiddling a recalcitrant knob, as my plane slowly dives into a mountain side - it's just not fun.

There seems to be plenty of communication from Razbam about models they have been making, ideas for future modules, and nascent maps. But the bugs section of their current modules for which they have already been paid is, on the part of the developer, deathly silent compared to every other developer here. That's why you get threads labelled like this one is.
wowbagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 07:19 AM   #36
notproplayer3

Well, I don't know the current state of the mig19, decided to try this module during the free month (or free weekend) and experienced some FM issues I didn't like, ended up not getting this module though simply because I'm not that into old planes (and to be very honest razbam didn't really please me with the av8b and it's bugs which I didn't want to experience on the mig19 seeing it was "contreversial" at the time).

Without commenting on the module itself, I would like to see razbam respond to this thread, I feel like them and perhaps also polychop are the ones with the worst attitude towards fixing bugs and acknoledging issues, this shows itself in the state of their other modules such as the mirage 2000 was for a long time but mainly the av8b.

I would just want someone from razbam saying something about the future of the mig19.
Old 08-14-2020, 03:26 PM   #37
=DECOY=

Wow. What have I missed.

Guys please refrain from hostility towards other members for not only sharing their views but also sharing truth.

We have been updating the Mig and have just employed another coder to help with the existing bug lists.

He is getting to grips with the platform before smashing the bug sections

I hear you on the ADF and have told Zues to look at this right now.

Again please play nice, oh and as a note Freefall57 does not work for Razabm

We were all new here once so please show new users the same kindness you were shown when you joined

THANK YOU

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | 2080ti | 64GB DDR4 Ram | Winwings Hotas | MFG Crosswinds | HP Reverb

Last edited by =DECOY=; 08-14-2020 at 05:25 PM.
=DECOY= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 03:39 PM   #38
Raven434th

Hey...while yer at it...fix the Harrier autostart!!!

AMD FX 8350 4.0 Ghz CPU , ATI RX 560 4 gig GPU ,32 gig ram on Win7 64bit.

Last edited by Raven434th; 08-14-2020 at 04:30 PM.
Raven434th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 04:09 PM   #39
=DECOY=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven434th View Post
Hey...while yer at it...fix the autostart!!!

whats wrong with it ?

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | 2080ti | 64GB DDR4 Ram | Winwings Hotas | MFG Crosswinds | HP Reverb

=DECOY= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 04:27 PM   #40
YoYo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven434th View Post
Hey...while yer at it...fix the autostart!!!
You wrote it about Harrier before , now in MiG-19P the same issue for you?
Bugs section is here for MiG https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=624 .