Cost of upgrading A10C - Page 7 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-13-2020, 01:53 PM   #61
MAXsenna

Seriously funny how this thread derailed!
Nice one @KaBooom!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk
MAXsenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 01:54 PM   #62
MAXsenna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelation View Post
Right... Because ICE vehicles never catch fire and people never get stuck in them...
What's an ICE vehicle? D'you use picks to get out?

Old 08-13-2020, 02:24 PM   #63
Revelation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXsenna View Post
What's an ICE vehicle? D'you use picks to get out?

ICE = Internal Combustion Engine.
Old 08-13-2020, 02:58 PM   #64
SmirkingGerbil

Quote:
Right... Because ICE vehicles never catch fire and people never get stuck in them...
Hey sorry, was just a little swipe, same as Kaboom took at DCS, didn't mean to get you upset. I mean, we can all take a dig at a company at some point right??
Old 08-13-2020, 03:10 PM   #65
MAXsenna

Quote:
ICE = Internal Combustion Engine.
Hehe thanks

Old 08-19-2020, 10:22 PM   #66
_Deuce_

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonbirder View Post
From reading your statement I can only assume you've never spent $10 on a DLC campaign...only for the next update to immediately break it becasue of taxi/AI/trigger/scripting problems
I'm with you on this one Jason.

Already paid for the plane once. Not paying for it again. If they want to make additional features available at a reasonable cost then fine, but I can't say I would entertain the idea of spending more than $10-20 on an upgrade for a $40-50 module. I can't speculate at this point on how much they will ask for the upgrade, but I can say, in my opinion, each plane module being $80, maps $50, Campaigns $10-20, Assets $20-40, $, $, $, $, $, $, $ is making me kind of annoyed at this company's pricing model. That coupled with the purchases I've made and countless "rewards" that were stripped every year. I couldn't use them on products that already had a discount. Products being discontinued and not supported like the HAWK... This company's decisions have repeatedly left a sour taste in my mouth. We open the door on this one for the "II" label and a helmet and radio... I wouldn't be surprised if it's the F-18 or some other plane next.

Is it all bad? No it's not. For the most part DCS and ED are going in the right direction, but they could be doing better. A lot better.

How about investing in your brand growth and giving back to the community?

There's plenty of opportunity out there for it. The community A-4-E mod for example. Take that bad boy on and make it free to the community like the SU-25. The Thunderbolt "II" and this module. Bundling a map with a plane purchase every once in a while. There are so many things you can do PR wise and branding, but it all gets overlooked. When you stop caring about your brand, so does everyone else. What do you think got us here? I don't want to confuse that with caring about your coworkers or all the work you do, but instead your brand's reputation. Now is the time to capitalize on an opportunity.

I would ask you to stop and think is growth stagnant? Why? How do you expect to grow moving forward?

If your answer is offering more paid content... You'd be wrong.
Want more? Grow your brand not your wallet.
This doesn't mean give everything away, but engage with the community, listen, and start thinking about the business from the consumer's point of view.

Hopefully you read this, and engage.
All of us want to see you successful.
_Deuce_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 10:30 PM   #67
NineLine
Community Manager

Nothing is 100% set in stone yet, but the plan for the update will be something along the lines of this.

Current A-10C users can upgrade or not.
If they don't upgrade, nothing changes, and there install looks the same. (although I imagine the new A-10C II will show in the ME for mission creation, but you will need to upgrade to fly)

If you do upgrade, the cost will be at a discount of full module price. Not determined yet. You will then have 2 different A-10C options in your install.

If you don't own the original A-10C, it will become a legacy product and no longer be sold, instead the new updated version will be sold instead, which will include both version and possible an adjusted price as well. Not determined yet.

Again, this is all subject to change right now. But nobody will be forced into anything.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
NineLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 10:40 PM   #68
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Deuce_ View Post
I'm with you on this one Jason.

Already paid for the plane once. Not paying for it again. If they want to make additional features available at a reasonable cost then fine, but I can't say I would entertain the idea of spending more than $10-20 on an upgrade for a $40-50 module. I can't speculate at this point on how much they will ask for the upgrade, but I can say, in my opinion, each plane module being $80, maps $50, Campaigns $10-20, Assets $20-40, $, $, $, $, $, $, $ is making me kind of annoyed at this company's pricing model. That coupled with the purchases I've made and countless "rewards" that were stripped every year. I couldn't use them on products that already had a discount. Products being discontinued and not supported like the HAWK... This company's decisions have repeatedly left a sour taste in my mouth. We open the door on this one for the "II" label and a helmet and radio... I wouldn't be surprised if it's the F-18 or some other plane next.

Is it all bad? No it's not. For the most part DCS and ED are going in the right direction, but they could be doing better. A lot better.

How about investing in your brand growth and giving back to the community?

There's plenty of opportunity out there for it. The community A-4-E mod for example. Take that bad boy on and make it free to the community like the SU-25. The Thunderbolt "II" and this module. Bundling a map with a plane purchase every once in a while. There are so many things you can do PR wise and branding, but it all gets overlooked. When you stop caring about your brand, so does everyone else. What do you think got us here? I don't want to confuse that with caring about your coworkers or all the work you do, but instead your brand's reputation. Now is the time to capitalize on an opportunity.

I would ask you to stop and think is growth stagnant? Why? How do you expect to grow moving forward?

If your answer is offering more paid content... You'd be wrong.
Want more? Grow your brand not your wallet.
This doesn't mean give everything away, but engage with the community, listen, and start thinking about the business from the consumer's point of view.

Hopefully you read this, and engage.
All of us want to see you successful.
1st point, yes you already paid for the module, and that's it, you need do nothing else. You can live happily ever after and not lose a thing you paid for. In fact you have already gained on the module as you received the free cockpit model and texture updates.

2nd point, yes we make you pay for stuff, but you also get stuff for free, the announced DC engine, free, the new renderer in the works, free, countless cockpit model and texture updates, free, new units added to the core, free, etc. The Hawk was something we never ever wanted to happen, and if we could have maintained it, we would have, we were not given the source code, and we were left holding an empty bag, but lets not dredge that up again.

3rd point, We do bundles all the time. The A-4 is a mod created by the a separate team, what makes your think we could absorb another module and not have it hurt the current workload, and while it would be nice to say that the current team building it would keep it up, I assume they are not confident in that, or would have made a move for 3rd party status already.

4th point, well I think I already answered that, you are looking at only a sample of what we offer, and only the paid parts. We do have to maintain enough income to fund DCS. So I am really not sure you thought through this whole post. Charging for some of our products is not in anyways neglecting our brand or forgetting about PR.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
NineLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 11:14 PM   #69
BuzzU
Veteran

Will the plane be finished? Will the campaigns we have now work with the new plane? If not. Will it come with missions and campaign?
Old 08-20-2020, 05:09 AM   #70
Taz1004

Quote:
Originally Posted by NineLine View Post
Nothing is 100% set in stone yet, but the plan for the update will be something along the lines of this.

Current A-10C users can upgrade or not.
If they don't upgrade, nothing changes, and there install looks the same. (although I imagine the new A-10C II will show in the ME for mission creation, but you will need to upgrade to fly)

If you do upgrade, the cost will be at a discount of full module price. Not determined yet. You will then have 2 different A-10C options in your install.

If you don't own the original A-10C, it will become a legacy product and no longer be sold, instead the new updated version will be sold instead, which will include both version and possible an adjusted price as well. Not determined yet.

Again, this is all subject to change right now. But nobody will be forced into anything.
Well, the big question is... if we don't upgrade, will the legacy A10C still be maintained? For example, if the change in the core breaks some things in the legacy A10C, will it be patched?
Taz1004 is offline   Reply With Quote