Noob Questions

Tiger Lead

Sorry for the noob questions.

I tried making my own practice Wild Weasel mission but the SAMs ignored me. I did searches and found that SAM missiles and their radars need to be from the same group?. What does that mean? How do I check or verify groups? I couldn't find any explanation of the group concept. Does this mean the same TYPE, i.e., SA-3 radar with an SA-3 launcher?

Also, how do I get USAF Aggressors to appear in the country list? Does that require custom coalitions? Is there a way to make it show up by default whenever I look at the country list?

Thanks

Edited by Tiger Lead

Yes you are correct. Of the same type, the launchers need radars and vice versa.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Sorry for the noob questions.

I tried making my own practice Wild Weasel mission but the SAMs ignored me. I did searches and found that SAM missiles and their radars need to be from the same group?. What does that mean? How do I check or verify groups? I couldn't find any explanation of the group concept. Does this mean the same TYPE, i.e., SA-3 radar with an SA-3 launcher?

Also, how do I get USAF Aggressors to appear in the country list? Does that require custom coalitions? Is there a way to make it show up by default whenever I look at the country list?

Thanks

In the Mission Editor you need to place a vehicle and then add more units to that group using the 'unit x of y' option in the top section of the screen (increase the y value). You can then change the type of each item in the group to add search radar, tracking radar, launchers etc.

Let me know if you have any issues with this and we can help further

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

• 4 weeks later...