F-14 vs. F-16: A quick fight

Doc3908

I hadn't tried going up in an F-14 against a Viper. Turned out to be easier than I thought - at least against a "good" AI. This is one of three engagements I flew today - all fairly quick. I'm sure going up against a human opponent is a whole different ballgame, but I thought a "good" AI will be more challenging...

I find that the AI nearly always takes the fight into the vertical no matter what the skill level. Nice little video though, you seem to have good control over the F14 in that clip.

I often see people pulling the stick and waiting for the jet to do something and then reacting to the consequences of ham fisting, more like they are flying the jet from about a mile behind the cockpit.

Good skills there mate.

I find that the AI nearly always takes the fight into the vertical no matter what the skill level. Nice little video though, you seem to have good control over the F14 in that clip.

I often see people pulling the stick and waiting for the jet to do something and then reacting to the consequences of ham fisting, more like they are flying the jet from about a mile behind the cockpit.

Good skills there mate.

Thanks for the kind words, but I'm just a newb - started a couple of months ago, but the bug really bit me. :) So much to learn...

And yes, I agree, it seems like the AI is programmed to always pull into the vertical. And, boy, I mean VERTICAL - almost like there's no gravity. LoL! :)