Windows Mixed Reality (Discussion Only) - ED Forums

Notices

Old 05-09-2018, 08:16 PM   #1
NineLine
Community Manager

Default Windows Mixed Reality (Discussion Only)

Please use this thread to talk about Windows Mixed Reality and associated Headsets and such. For bug reports, please post a new thread in the appropriate section.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
NineLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 04:18 PM   #2
NineLine
Community Manager

I have a 1070, headset plugged into the HDMI port, and both monitors on HDMI to display port adapters. 0 issues with DCS for what it's worth.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
Old 05-13-2018, 05:51 AM   #3
NineLine
Community Manager

The topic is Windows Mixed Reality and its usage with DCS World, please get back on topic. This isnt the place for your hardware issues.
**How to Report a Bug**
Old 05-14-2018, 02:28 AM   #4
TomOnSteam

Can we take this thread as a hint for native WMR support in the future? :-)
Old 05-14-2018, 04:08 AM   #5
NineLine
Community Manager

Dunno about that, I mean it works well in DCS now. Wags uses it, I just got one. The Samsung Odyssey that is. Its a great unit.
**How to Report a Bug**
Old 05-14-2018, 10:03 AM   #6
McMicha

Hello,

how does DCS work with WMR, is it native or does it work via the steam interface? Does the steam version of DCS have to be used?
  • Ikarus a new Virtual Cockpit Software
Deutscher Forums Thread
English Forums Thread

Hard/Software: AMD Ryzen 7 1800X, 32 GiB RAM, extra SSD for Windows 10 and DCS World, AMD Vega Frontier Edition with 16 GiB VRAM
McMicha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 10:11 AM   #7
dburne
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMicha View Post
Hello,

how does DCS work with WMR, is it native or does it work via the steam interface? Does the steam version of DCS have to be used?
Well you would need Steam installed to get Steam VR installed, however once Steam VR is installed then no you do not need to even run Steam. Just Steam VR.
If it works like it does with a Rift when running a Steam VR game, it should launch Steam VR automatically when launching the game.

No, would not need to run Steam versions of DCS.

My VKB Gunfighter MK III Pro L Review
EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.2 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3200 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Samsung 970 Pro, 970 Evo 1TB m.2 Nvme |VKB GF MK III Pro L | Rift S | Oculus Quest |
dburne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 03:16 PM   #8
DanielNL
Veteran

You still have to start WMR portal first. But that should be enough. (It doesn't work when using dP-VGA adapter)
Dell Visor WMR, Ryzen 5 3600 (6C/12T), RX 580 8GB
AV-8B VTOL-pilot, JF-17 AKG-A2A pilot, F-16C pilot, F-14 pilot - PvP campaigns since 2013
DanielNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 03:41 PM   #9
NineLine
Community Manager

Actually I never start it first, I let it launch itself when I either start the sim, or change the sim over to VR.
**How to Report a Bug**
Old 05-14-2018, 04:00 PM   #10
DanielNL
Veteran

Do you also change the Sim between VR and no-VR mode by enabling/disabling the WMR in Windows 10 device manager?
Dell Visor WMR, Ryzen 5 3600 (6C/12T), RX 580 8GB
AV-8B VTOL-pilot, JF-17 AKG-A2A pilot, F-16C pilot, F-14 pilot - PvP campaigns since 2013
DanielNL is offline   Reply With Quote