DCS: JF-17 Known Issue List

uboats

Gentlemen how to use the smoke pods ?? If anyone knows please share.

The default key is "T".

The aircraft systems do not recognize smoke pods which is why you can't control them via the weapon system.

You need to check:

* Gear up

* Aircraft not on the ground

* System is in NAV

* Master arm OFF

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we expect a fix for the radar attitude and altitude calculations today?

sorry, our programmer is still working on this, some objective reasons make the progress slow

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

Ah that's a shame. I hope you are all safe, I know things aren't well that side of the world. Still thank you all for the updates.

I see HOTAS controls for the HSD were shadow-patched in, thanks for that!

If it helps, I think the radar's issue appears to be related to the way it stabilizes. pitching up lowers the antenna, pitching down raises it, and rolling 90 left of right makes the radar attitude-stabilized. You can see this behaviour with a waypoint on the radar screen, it'll jump around on the RDR page as you maneuver the plane.

WMD Pod won't turn on after the last patch... Tried on a number of MP servers.

i7 10700k @4.8GHz | Aurora GTX 3080 | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Pro 1Tb x 3 | Corsair 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

HP Reverb G2 | Vkb Gunfighter II MCG Pro Stick | Virpil T-50CM Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals | Custom built collective | 150 button custom cockpit with 3 x Cougar MFDs

WMD Pod won't turn on after the last patch... Tried on a number of MP servers.

Have you turned on the power button as that will enable the pod to switch on - its SPJ on the panel on the RHS - it doesn't switch on by default. There was reference in the patch notes last friday.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

SPJ is the jammer pod. CLDP is the button you want for the tpod.

Have you turned on the power button as that will enable the pod to switch on - its SPJ on the panel on the RHS - it doesn't switch on by default. There was reference in the patch notes last friday.

Yeah it works fine. Took me a sec to double check it when the pod didn't turn on.

It used be part of the auto-cold start procedure, but now you have to turn it on manually.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Ah, ok, will try that. Thanks

i7 10700k @4.8GHz | Aurora GTX 3080 | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Pro 1Tb x 3 | Corsair 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

HP Reverb G2 | Vkb Gunfighter II MCG Pro Stick | Virpil T-50CM Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals | Custom built collective | 150 button custom cockpit with 3 x Cougar MFDs

The default key is "T".

The aircraft systems do not recognize smoke pods which is why you can't control them via the weapon system.

You need to check:

* Gear up

* Aircraft not on the ground

* System is in NAV

* Master arm OFF

Thanks I will try this out today.

PU seems to be INOP the times I tried it.

DESG is for creating mark points from another sensor, e.g. a locked RADAR target or WMD-7 target.

* Lock a target

* Hit MKPT

* Change to DESG

* Hit MKPT to create a point based off that target

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

PU seems to be INOP the times I tried it.

DESG is for creating mark points from another sensor, e.g. a locked RADAR target or WMD-7 target.

* Lock a target

* Hit MKPT

* Change to DESG

* Hit MKPT to create a point based off that target

Right, I think DESG might also be part of the completed PU as well. Just speculation.

it's not completed yet

Thanks uboats! Would be cool to run some missions with degraded GPS and use that radar and tpod to do updates.

• 2 months later...
That's cool. So, when I cold started the airplane and after inputing all the coords and INS to NAV, I don't get any information on the HUD, just semi-circules, a circule and a line coming from it. Any reason why?

Getting the same issues during the quick-mission startup.

Looks a bit like the MiG-21 ground-attack grid.

Is there any switch or button button I missed?

So ein Feuerball, JUNGE!

HeyHo, when i use the Target-Pod, it is never in focus and the re-focus dot in the MFD is flashing. How can I focus the Pod or is this an error.

ty

Okay, have found... must press "Radar Ant Elev Down" :)

• 4 weeks later...

Can this be stickyed? Not sure why it isnt as many others are.

Also maybe i'm not understanding the way datalink works but when i punch in 199 and i dont have the datalink pod i still see data on my RWR as if i had it. Is this bugged or is that by design but with limited data?

• 3 months later...