DCS: F-16CM Block 50 by EDSA Discussion Thread

NineLine

Finally F-16, the true killing badass. I expect short life of Russian birds against F-16, F-18 with unstoppable AIM-120 and F-14 with daddy long legs AIM-54C lol :D

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

I'm really curious how the HSI will be handled, specifically in regards to flight planning. There is a huge number of parameters that can be pre-loaded into the data cartridge, but we don't really have much of a data cartridge ability in our current DCS. I think the Viggen is the only aircraft with some kind of functioning data cartridge. This means we won't be able to place threat circles, or use the HSI as SOI to select a threat circle as a waypoint and launch a HARM at it, unless the DCS Mission Planner is reworked.

HUD pop-up cuing as well: We would either need a 3rd party software to crunch the numbers, or have a similar calculator built into the Mission Planner.

Finally F-16, the true killing badass. I expect short life of Russian birds against F-16, F-18 with unstoppable AIM-120 and F-14 with daddy long legs AIM-54C lol :D

Don't worry, we REDFOR pilots use superior tactics to defeat capitalist aircraft. :D:megalol:

Jokes aside, looks like ED is going to complete the list of all American or BLUEFOR aircraft while ED being a Russian company, don't have even a single DCS level REDFOR modern fighter.

Looking forward to the MiG-23MLA from RAZBAM. Hope they deliver that in 2019 or at least 2020.

Just to be clear, this is not a Wags video. This was created by Glowing AMRAAM with a lot of direction from our company owner Nick Grey. I had a very minor role.

Little note: We’ve already already fell in love with ED, Wags.(Referring to the song) Thank “you” guys.Very good video btw.

Don't worry, we REDFOR pilots use superior tactics to defeat capitalist aircraft. :D:megalol:

Or use capitalist aircraft to defeat capitalist Aircraft :music_whistling: the Viper will give Mission builders lots of possibilities

Jokes aside, looks like ED is going to complete the list of all American or BLUEFOR aircraft while ED being a Russian company, don't have even a single DCS level REDFOR modern fighter.

Problem is, that Russian Government is not that generous with letting Russian Companies develop modules of 4th Gen Russian Fighter Aircraft for publicy available flight sims ;). As stated by ED on multiple occasions that's the reason we will not see a full fidelity Flanker or a Fulcrum anytime soon

Main Module: AH-64D

Personal Wishlist: HH-60G, F-117A, B-52H

Just linked a friend to this article, and I figured I might as well post it here too - was probably posted in the old thread too, but is a great read:

http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/3383/what-it-was-like-flying-and-fighting-the-f-16n-viper-topguns-legendary-hotrod

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Problem is, that Russian Government is not that generous with letting Russian Companies develop modules of 4th Gen Russian Fighter Aircraft for publicy available flight sims ;). As stated by ED on multiple occasions that's the reason we will not see a full fidelity Flanker or a Fulcrum anytime soon

Can you give me a source as to where ED explicitly state that please? As far as I know, the only thing ED stated was they preferred doing Western aircraft because it was more commercially successful.

ED has confirmed a few times that they want to do full fidelity russian modern jets, but are unable due to russian laws concering them on military/operational security issues.

They simply cannot do said modules full fidelity legally at this time.

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

DCS Finland | SF squadron

ED has confirmed a few times that they want to do full fidelity russian modern jets, but are unable due to russian laws concering them on military/operational security issues.

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

As I said, can you link me to a source as to where they said that. I tried searching but could not find anything. If you have a source, that would be most helpful.

Link please?? I can't find anything anywhere that even suggests the Viper will be out in 2019.

See Attached... [from youtube comments section]

727809981_ScreenShot2018-12-20at9_12_05PM.thumb.png.a25b65262672edbd462d8775f1fe26b8.png

VFA-113 | Stinger 307 | "Hank"

USN OEF OIF Veteran

i7-8700K OC'd 4800ghz | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC'd | 32gb RAM | 2.5TB SSD | Odyssey + | TM Warthog HOTAS |

Link please?? I can't find anything anywhere that even suggests the Viper will be out in 2019.

Honestly guys, do you still believe in fairy tales ? :doh:

Only less then 30% of these announcements have been realized/released till now. (as usual) While the Su-34, Scud, SA-2 transporter, Arleigh Burke, new Kuznetsov etc. 3D models are still missing from DCSW (but we have already seen numerous times in videos)

We and our partners plan even bigger and better things for 2018 to include:

• DCS World 2.5 by the end of January

• DCS: F/A-18C Hornet

• DCS: Strait of Hormuz Map

• DCS: F-14 Tomcat

• DCS: JF-17

• DCS: MiG-19

• DCS: Mi-24P Hind

• DCS: F-4E Phantom II

• DCS: Bo-105

• C-101CC variant for the DCS: C-101 module

• DCS: Yak-52

• DCS: I-16

• DCS: Christen Eagle II

• New aircraft carriers

• Other new maps and continued updates to our existing maps

• Several other unannounced projects

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3338291&postcount=123

May the THRUST be with you

Just to be clear, this is not a Wags video. This was created by Glowing AMRAAM with a lot of direction from our company owner Nick Grey. I had a very minor role.

Thanks for carifying Wags, very good video (as always GA)!

I thought that the last image was a nice surprise! An actual glimpse at the upcoming Viper??????

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In DCS I fly jets with thousands of pounds of thrust...

In real life I fly a humble Cessna Hawx XP II with 210 HP :D

Glowing AMRAAM always does excllent work.

Yup, the best DCS videos I've seen so far. The man's got an excellent eye for that kind of thing and ED made a good decision in hiring him IMO.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Yup, the best DCS videos I've seen so far. The man's got an excellent eye for that kind of thing and ED made a good decision in hiring him IMO.

I totally agree with that. I really enjoy his work! :)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

As I said, can you link me to a source as to where they said that. I tried searching but could not find anything. If you have a source, that would be most helpful.

This is the latest instance where it was stated AFAIK:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3465510&postcount=1

Q. Will we see some 4gen Russian fighters? Is there a way to get the ok from the Russian government? And why do they actually care? – TomCatMucDe

A. Too delicate…

Main Module: AH-64D

Personal Wishlist: HH-60G, F-117A, B-52H

Honestly guys, do you still believe in fairy tales?

How about swallowing a big honkin' chill pill there mate? With plenty of water, of course. And while you're at it, please count the amount of 3rd party AC on that list as well.

Isn't ED's faulf if 3rd party devs can't finish their projects in a timely manner. Well not that I'm blaming them either, because excrement has a way of happening. The best laid plans...

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Honestly guys, do you still believe in fairy tales ? :doh:

Only less then 30% of these announcements have been realized/released till now. (as usual) While the Su-34, Scud, SA-2 transporter, Arleigh Burke, new Kuznetsov etc. 3D models are still missing from DCSW (but we have already seen numerous times in videos)

We and our partners plan even bigger and better things for 2018 to include:

• DCS World 2.5 by the end of January

• DCS: F/A-18C Hornet

• DCS: Strait of Hormuz Map

• DCS: F-14 Tomcat

• DCS: JF-17

• DCS: MiG-19

• DCS: Mi-24P Hind

• DCS: F-4E Phantom II

• DCS: Bo-105

• C-101CC variant for the DCS: C-101 module

• DCS: Yak-52

• DCS: I-16

• DCS: Christen Eagle II

• New aircraft carriers

• Other new maps and continued updates to our existing maps

• Several other unannounced projects

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3338291&postcount=123

Plans, not write on Stone...

Glowing AMRAAM always does excllent work.

Glowing AMRAAM is the Tony Scott of vid making. You can always tell when it's his work without looking at the credits.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

This is the latest instance where it was stated AFAIK:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3465510&postcount=1

“Too delicate”. Now, what does that exactly mean, without rife speculation?

It certainly does not mean yes, or no.

Asus Z390 Code XI, i9-9900K, RAM 32 Gig Corsair Vengeance @ 3200, RTX 2080 TI FE, TIR 5, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB, HOTAS WH, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q, HTC Vive Pro, Win 10 x64

Server will just ban any weapons that give Blue an advantage.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

With out a source for that statement, this is just pure rumour mill and speculation. Happens all the time, this is no different.

Asus Z390 Code XI, i9-9900K, RAM 32 Gig Corsair Vengeance @ 3200, RTX 2080 TI FE, TIR 5, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB, HOTAS WH, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q, HTC Vive Pro, Win 10 x64

Guys use a little common sense, WAGs shouldn't have to state over and over and over again why they can't do a full fidelity Russian module of a current gen fighter. The Western fighters portrayed on DCS aren't even current gen. They are 80's and 90's versions with their associated avionics, ECM, and radar capabilities. It's almost 2019.

Tell you what if one of you guys can get Putin on the horn and tell him to order the Sukhoi and Mikoyan and Gurevich Design Bureaus to release all the relevant technical data including any secret and proprietary design information that would be swell.

Besides the fact that some of these fighters are still in use for real world national defense purposes, we are talking about billions in aerospace R and D. China can't even properly copy a Russian engine when they have one right in front of them. There are MiG-29s and SU-27+ all over the world now with potentially billions in upgrade contracts. The Russian government will never release any information that could potentially be used to undermine the technical aspects of these aircraft or give any competitor some kind of advantage in wartime or arms deals.

When the west got a hold of a MiG-29 after the fall of East Germany that was an intel goldmine. Read up on some of the defections that took place over the years with various models of MiGs.

ED is a business that operates in Russia and has a commercial division geared towards real world military customers. They can't be seen to encourage any kind of dissemination of potentially sensitive information so they can make a cool game. We should be happy we get any modern 4th gen fighter aircraft at all that are this detailed. Circa Vietnam/Arab-Isreali conflict era as accurate as possible is the best we can hope for.

Intelligence, technical data, and code breaking give enormous advantages in warfare far beyond numbers of tanks and planes. We are just playing a flight sim as a hobby.

It's not a rumor. I've heard him say it in interviews on a Youtube stream. Common sense isn't so common apparently.