JF-17 Thunder Discussions

probad

F-16 has 2 extra pairs of under-wing pylons and 1 extra pair of centre-line pylons. While JF offers unique AG weaponry including the BRM-1/90 guided rocket system. A system that carries 18 laser guided 90mm rockets per pod. More importantly, the JF-17 should be much more feature complete when it hits early access. All in all both modules are must buys imo.

whats the range on those rockets? also can they kill tanks ?

so if i was deciding between the f16 and the jf17 for mainly a a2g/cas role... does jf17 triumphs the f16 in this area ?

No, you can't say that. There are obvious differences between the two planes. JF17 is more suitable for very long-range strikes (CM802AKG, about 120 nautical miles) and can hit key nodes. However, due to the lack of cluster bombs and composite hangers to carry multiple air-to-ground missiles, the target that can be destroyed is very limited, while the F16 lost its original JASSM missile. Lost the ability to hit important targets at very long distances. But F16 has powerful cluster bombs, JSOW-B and AGM65 with composite hangers. The number of armored targets that can be destroyed by a single takeoff is much larger than that of JF17. Simply put: JF17 is more suitable for the first takeoff, using missiles outside the defense zone to attack key targets (radar, hangar, runway), and then the second takeoff of F16, entering the battlefield to attack ground targets at close range in the air.

so if i was deciding between the f16 and the jf17 for mainly a a2g/cas role... does jf17 triumphs the f16 in this area ?

Well F16 is an heavier A2G plane than JF17. That a fact. Where JF have to sacrifice mid fuel tank, or external wing pylon for a TPOD, F16 can include it without loose any pylon. So it allow you to get Mid fuel tank, and full wing pylons. Also F16 got real mavericks, HARM, GBU, JDAM, so a lot of known weapons if you have fly the F18. Compare to JF you can carry more on same amount of pylon. Finally but always nice, F16 can carry self 4 self defense weapons (AMRAAM or 9X) and keep 4 A2G dedicated pylons (the one which car carry heavier payload btw).

While JF 17 can only have 2 fox 2 at wing edge if you want to keep 4 pylons for A2G.

So.... They both got their advantage, but in A2G F16 will be better because of largest choice and better efficiency of the payload it can carry. But JF 17 is as good as a F18 hornet (or almost if you let aside the 2 self defense AMRAAM under belly) wich is pretty good.

And if you fly with F16 buddies or other wich allready have Tpod, i expect they could do some targetting for you. So you can stick to 2 fox 2, 1 mid fuel tank, 4 pylon A2G, wich is pretty good :)

Well F16 is an heavier A2G plane than JF17. That a fact. Where JF have to sacrifice mid fuel tank, or external wing pylon for a TPOD, F16 can include it without loose any pylon. So it allow you to get Mid fuel tank, and full wing pylons. Also F16 got real mavericks, HARM, GBU, JDAM, so a lot of known weapons if you have fly the F18. Compare to JF you can carry more on same amount of pylon. Finally but always nice, F16 can carry self 4 self defense weapons (AMRAAM or 9X) and keep 4 A2G dedicated pylons (the one which car carry heavier payload btw).

While JF 17 can only have 2 fox 2 at wing edge if you want to keep 4 pylons for A2G.

So.... They both got their advantage, but in A2G F16 will be better because of largest choice and better efficiency of the payload it can carry. But JF 17 is as good as a F18 hornet (or almost if you let aside the 2 self defense AMRAAM under belly) wich is pretty good.

And if you fly with F16 buddies or other wich allready have Tpod, i expect they could do some targetting for you. So you can stick to 2 fox 2, 1 mid fuel tank, 4 pylon A2G, wich is pretty good :)

GB6, JSOW like AGM-154, was implemented already, but not listed in the table.

Our artists are too busy, sorry.

whats the range on those rockets? also can they kill tanks ?

I've heard around 8KM and they are designed to kill light amour, infantry, and structures. I don't know how many hits will be needed in DCS to kill a tank. Apparently they are supposed to be fired in multiples to overwhelm ADS systems on tanks and hit the softer turret amour. Supposedly one can do it but will have to see how it works in DCS to know.

Edited by ShadowFrost

F-16 has 2 extra pairs of under-wing pylons and 1 extra pair of centre-line pylons. While JF offers unique AG weaponry including the BRM-1/90 guided rocket system. A system that carries 18 laser guided 90mm rockets per pod. More importantly, the JF-17 should be much more feature complete when it hits early access. All in all both modules are must buys imo.

Never hear about the Chinese version. If those weapons come to DCS in JF-17 we gonna have lot of fun. It is for sure this module will have this guided rockets?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Never hear about the Chinese version. If those weapons come to DCS in JF-17 we gonna have lot of fun. It is for sure this module will have this guided rockets?

Going by the payload list posted on page 5 yes, it should.

Does JSOW mean LS-6? Or does JF17 have other glider bombs besides the LS-6 bomb?

I would assume he means this, as its literally called a GB-6. And the LS-6 was on the EA chart so I imagine that is not the case.

unknown.png

Edited by ShadowFrost
Added image

In one of the updates they said they had been programming for it. Su-25T and Ka-50 better fear the new king of the laser guided rocket throne!

Maybe you forgot the S-25L. It is the biggest airborne rocket with several versions. I don’t want be close to the target armor when this beast hit hard as hell.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I would assume he means this, as its literally called a GB-6. And the LS-6 was on the EA chart so I imagine that is not the case.

unknown.png

LS-6 is glide bomb, glide/guidance enhanced dumb bomb, like GBU-39(SDB),

GB-6 is submunition dispenser, like AGM-154

they are different weapons, share the same glide/INS+GPS guidance module

Edited by L0op8ack

LS-6 is glide bomb, glide/guidance enhanced dumb bomb, like GBU-39(SDB),

GB-6 is submunition dispenser, like AGM-154

they are different weapons, share the same glide/INS+GPS guidance module

Yeah LS-6 is this? Correct?

LS-6-GBU-Sat-Inertial-250-kg-APA-1S.jpg

What warheads will the GB-6 have? If your able to say at this point in time.

Thanks, Shadow

Edited by ShadowFrost
Spacing

Yeah LS-6 is this? Correct?

LS-6-GBU-Sat-Inertial-250-kg-APA-1S.jpg

What warheads will the GB-6 have? If your able to say at this point in time.

Thanks, Shadow

Yes

GB-6 can carry many types of warhead/submunition,

we will provide the terminal-sensing-ammunition and/or high explosive warhead fisrt,

for better game play experience :)

terminal-sensing-ammunition version for attacking tanks,

high explosive version for attacking buildings

Yes

we will provide the terminal-sensing-ammunition and/or high explosive warhead fisrt,

Thanks for the info! :thumbup:

Yes

Killing effect is similar to CBU105, BK90?! That's great!

Hi

I'm pretty amaze by the RBM mode showed recently in your Facebook page, thank you! Could you share some screens showing DBS mode as well?

Regards

EXP/DBS1/DBS2 is under dev/tuning.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |