A-10C Basic Flight Training Qualification DLC

I just purchased this add on from the Ed store. When I try to download it from the module manager it gives the an error pop up

"Unknown module A10C-BFT_campaign"

any suggestions? thanks in advance

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ravens "We be Jammin":pilotfly:

I just purchased this add on from the Ed store. When I try to download it from the module manager it gives the an error pop up

"Unknown module A10C-BFT_campaign"

any suggestions? thanks in advance

Did you update your DCS World to the latest version? I think the campaign is only visible in the latest version.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

Did you update your DCS World to the latest version? I think the campaign is only visible in the latest version.

I'm having the same issue, or is it that it won't work with the openbeta 1.5.3? Or does it have a different case-sensitive module name perhaps?

Log:

=== Log opened UTC 2016-03-26 09:11:03

INFO : DCS_Updater/2.6.16.58 (Windows NT 6.2.9200; Win64; en-GB)

INFO : cmdline: "E:\DCS\bin\DCS_updater.exe" --apply install A10C-BFT_campaign

INFO : basedir: E:\DCS

INFO : dcs_variant.txt: openbeta

INFO : DCS/1.5.3.50487.22 (x86_64; EN; WORLD,A-10C,CA,F-15C)

INFO : branch: openbeta

INFO : Got reply from http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com

INFO : Got reply from srv3.update.digitalcombatsimulator.com

ERROR: Unknown module A10C-BFT_campaign

=== Log closed.

Some further feedback if I may: please make it crystal clear when a manoeuvre/procedure is supposed to take place.

Sometimes after a brief is given you're supposed to wait for a go to proceed, sometimes not. Without consistency it's hard to know.

That's fair. Do you recall the mission where that situation took place?

Not sure I'm afraid. Probably around BFT07 Aerobatics as there's a lot going on. Sometimes I'd sit there like an idiot waiting, others I'd get chewed out for jumping the gun :music_whistling:

Still, minor points; I'm amazed you've got scripting this complex to work at all :thumbup:

Thanks. In some cases I think we say "Begin Now or Begin When Ready" but we will check all the maneuvers and make sure we didn't miss any.

Keep the feedback coming and we will make adjustments as necessary and ensure that these changes get ported to the NTTR version too.

Just ran into another issue on BFT10. Started up, started to taxi and stopped to check something. Unfortunately I'd stopped in the shutdown trigger zone, so then failed the mission!

Thanks. We will investigate that. I thought we had a flag controlling that zone but maybe not.

EDIT: Confirmed. There is a missing flag for that trigger. We will check the other missions and make sure they don't have the same bug. Should be fixed in the next update.

Edited by Sabre-TLA

Some more feedback on BFT10 if I may.

In the mission, lat long co-ordinates are read out in degrees, minutes, seconds. It would be better if lat long was given as degrees, minutes (and deci-minutes) as that's what the A10C CDU accepts.

Agreed. When designing the mission we wanted users to be familiar with the distinction and be able to do the conversion to Lat Long Dec themselves.

The game engine supports all 3 formats so we could add an additional waypoint to showcase the Lat Long Dec format specifically.

Lat Long is the most commonly used map format and Lat Long Dec is the most commonly used with electronic navigation equipment. https://www.maptools.com/tutorials/lat_lon/formats

Hi Guys, quick question.

How do I end the mission once I'm done. I have completed first one which is startup, taxi & shutdown couple of times successfully but nothing happens. Instructor tells me I have qualified but I sit there on the runway.

If i pres ESC, I can either Resume, Briefing, adjust controls or Quit.

I really dont want to have to do it again. Any suggestions.

Thanks.

Hi Guys, quick question.

How do I end the mission once I'm done. I have completed first one which is startup, taxi & shutdown couple of times successfully but nothing happens. Instructor tells me I have qualified but I sit there on the runway.

If i pres ESC, I can either Resume, Briefing, adjust controls or Quit.

I really dont want to have to do it again. Any suggestions.

Thanks.

Check your score and if it shows 75 or 100 then you can quit and it should move to the next mission.

Well I ended up doing it again twice. I qualified again but the Score was 0 and Result was 50. Even after the instructor saying I qualified and I can move on the next one.

Last time I did, I got a result of 100. I don't know why it was doing that before.

Well I ended up doing it again twice. I qualified again but the Score was 0 and Result was 50. Even after the instructor saying I qualified and I can move on the next one.

Last time I did, I got a result of 100. I don't know why it was doing that before.

That is weird. The mission goals are setup so that if you get the qualified rating you score 100, a qualified minus results in a score of 75. If you get an unqual then you score 50 and have to repeat the mission.

Which mission was it? We will retest and see if we can reproduce the issue.

It the very first mission. I ended up doing it successfully 7-8 times before it let me to the second mission. Its all okay now, but not sure what it could have been.....

Very good. I know one user had indicated the mission triggers weren't working properly in one of the other missions but once they updated their video card drivers the problems disappeared.

Please report if it happens again on other missions.

Hello, any idea when this campaign can be in Steam store? Because it seems for Steam users there's no way how to purchase it at the moment. Correct me if I am wrong. Thanks

Intel Core i5 4670K @ 3.4Ghz, 16 GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 560, Saitek X55, FaceTrackNoIR with DIY IR Clip

Acquired me with your "A-10C Basic Flight Training Campaign" purchased through modules in DCS World.

Why is it the only one of your campaign's accessible via DCS Modules, whereas the other can only be purchased via Download section of DCS site? i.e...

"A-10C Advanced Aircraft Training Practice / Qualification"

"A-10C Tactical Training Practice / Qualification"

Without having a OSCD diagnosis, I would wish I could get them all within the DCS World Module as I'm much more familiar with this.

With all due respect, I find it a bit complicated to download from the Download section as well as to install a license and purchase a mission key to install the mission.

Are there plans to incorporate the rest as DCS modules?

Last but not least: It says "This package is no longer for sale." at the download section on the DCS Site :helpsmilie:

I apologize if the above sounds derisively. It is in no way intended.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

WIN 10, i7-2600K at 3.4ghz, 2x OCZ Vertex 120GB SSD RAID 0, Corsair Vengeance 16GB, Gainward GeForce GTX 590, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Track IR 5 PRO. DCS 1.5.3.52724.74 - DCS 2.0.2.52369

Acquired me with your "A-10C Basic Flight Training Campaign" purchased through modules in DCS World.

Why is it the only one of your campaign's accessible via DCS Modules, whereas the other can only be purchased via Download section of DCS site? i.e...

"A-10C Advanced Aircraft Training Practice / Qualification"

"A-10C Tactical Training Practice / Qualification"

Without having a OSCD diagnosis, I would wish I could get them all within the DCS World Module as I'm much more familiar with this.

With all due respect, I find it a bit complicated to download from the Download section as well as to install a license and purchase a mission key to install the mission.

Are there plans to incorporate the rest as DCS modules?

Last but not least: It says "This package is no longer for sale." at the download section on the DCS Site :helpsmilie:

I apologize if the above sounds derisively. It is in no way intended.

The campaigns in the User Files download section pre-dated the ED Store version and were only sold through our MapleFlagMissions.ca website.

Now that the BFT campaign is available through the ED Store we hope the other campaigns will be available through the ED Store soon as well.

The files are still available from the User Files section for those users who previously purchased them and need to download the packages again due to system changes.

Hopefully all our campaigns will make it to the ED Store and use the module manager which we believe is the best long term deployment mechanism for our content.

The campaigns in the User Files download section pre-dated the ED Store version and were only sold through our MapleFlagMissions.ca website.

Now that the BFT campaign is available through the ED Store we hope the other campaigns will be available through the ED Store soon as well.

The files are still available from the User Files section for those users who previously purchased them and need to download the packages again due to system changes.

Hopefully all our campaigns will make it to the ED Store and use the module manager which we believe is the best long term deployment mechanism for our content.

Thank you so much for answering. I hope to see it in the ED Store as well. The campaing rocks!

Having been in the air since F-16 Combat Simulator for the Amiga 500 and conducted countless landings, dog fights etc... with all the simulators since, it is quite nice get calibrated with some real demands to the skills.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

WIN 10, i7-2600K at 3.4ghz, 2x OCZ Vertex 120GB SSD RAID 0, Corsair Vengeance 16GB, Gainward GeForce GTX 590, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Track IR 5 PRO. DCS 1.5.3.52724.74 - DCS 2.0.2.52369