AGM 65 Maverick Problems

Mofakino

Since the last update my AGM 65 Mavericks are flying totally different as usual.

The missiles would have flown upwards and directly to the target after take-off and would have also approached the target in descent.

Now the rockets fly first a left curve then go into the descent and fly low to the target. Almost like a cruise missile.... Unfortunately they get stuck in the forest, tree or villages....

I can confirm this unusual behavior of the AGM-65Ds since the last patch (16 Jan 2019). Flight path of the missile has been altered such that low level launches are hitting targets maybe half the time. This is drastically different than the missile behavior that I am aware of since the launch of the A-10C and severely limits a key weapon for the Hog.

Edited by Peaches

I've just check that and I think I don't have this issue with A-10c and AGM65-D. BTW I was close to target because mavs where locking light poles at longer range.

And also no issue with AGM65-F from F/A-18c.

[ATTACH]202872[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]202873[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]202874[/ATTACH]

Good to hear about the -F. In the screen shot scenario above, I am not having issues either. The problem is pop-up attacks near the deck, where the -D dives down and hits terrain instead of climbing as it used to.

Are you respecting the 30/30/30 rule for Mav employment? The missile assumes the wings are level at lock on, so if you're banked steeply when you lock on, the missile g-bias will be oblique instead of vertical. The g-bias maneuver would result in a turn in this case.
We are respecting those limits. See tracks and Tacview files on related post:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=230671

Edited by Peaches

AGM-65D launched from 180R alt / 1.2 miles away.

The missile don't climb, but go strait to target flying very low (some inches at the end watching shadow).

I can't fire lower or ground masks the target.

Here pictures of last seconds of missile trajectory :

[ATTACH]203044[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]203045[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]203046[/ATTACH]

I can't open your tracks, loading bar don't load nothing, staying 0%...

"I can't open your tracks, loading bar don't load nothing, staying 0%..."

That can happen when you try to replay tracks recorded in a different version of DSCW. You can reference my Tacview files if you want to see what happened in the tracks.

No… just my stupid bad I was trying opening the last tacview ones.

Your fire solution seemed ok, above the trees, but in tgp/mav camera were all the trees rendered ? (from cockpit trees were not rendered around target, but they were from mfd's camera… but were they all rendered ? or a part of them were still not visible with camera, allowing a "false" firing solution ?)

Just wondering why the missile wouldn't follow initial "free of trees" trajectory witnessed at launch… Don't mind I'm low skilled enough to be not constructive ;)

I'm on autopilot in ALT/HDG mode, straight and level. Designate, lock, fire. About 70% of the time, the 65 flies right into the ground, miles short of the target. Its broken. For anybody who runs both the Beta and the Release version, beware. The last incarnation of 2.5.4 got prematurely pushed to the Release version this week. I was concerned that something like that would happen if ED lost focus on the reason for having separate versions. Looks like that has happened. I didn't update my Release version, so at least I have that. But now its going to keep asking me to update.

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

And now they'll have to do that with the A-10C, even if other things in the Beta have major issues. Once that focus is lost, its hard to get it back. The funny thing about it is that its only a minor annoyance to those of us who run both versions. The only people its going to really end up affecting will include the very vocal minority that made them feel obligated to update the release version every couple of weeks.

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

• 3 weeks later...