Not merging to stable

Asken

I'm going to take a guess and say,

1) Holiday delays

2) Introduce the HARM for F-18 and make sure other bugs were not getting carried over.

Probably the reason for the hot fix today is because they probably want to update stable version on Wednesday before they start throwing more new stuff into beta.

Why isn't OB merged to stable updated regularly anymore?

Stable hasn't been update probably due to ongoing bugs.

Stable will be updated to 2.5.4.x once ED feel Open Beta is stable enough.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

From what I've followed 2.5.4 has a bunch of issues, especially on the VR side, I'd hope they fix those before pushing it to stable. I can wait for candy.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

From what I've followed 2.5.4 has a bunch of issues, especially on the VR side, I'd hope they fix those before pushing it to stable. I can wait for candy.

:thumbup:

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

The slow updates have been going on since last year so holidays probably isn't the reason. Updates are a month and a half between.

If they're doing it right merge doesn't mean that all changes go in at once but only the ones that are ready. In the post I posted OB would get updated every other week. Adding tons of changes only makes it harder if they're releasing all changes at once.

That's issues with VR in OB?

Where are you reading about progress? I can't find a post where I can see what changes are to be merged.

Probably not the holiday. There's a release to Stable a month and a half between since at least October last year.

If they're doing it right changes can be released if they are merged with the stable release regardless if everything else is fixed and OB is unstable. Sounds strange that they should work on a single branch. Also if they are on only one branch for OB the more changes that are coming in without releasing to stable the harder it'll be to release.

Where are you reading about what's new in OB? The news threads? It's hard to follow what's in and what's not.

Kazius, updating stable on Wednesday?

Open beta got newer bugs even with the last update, see mavericks problems with a-10c.

I think it's better to have a fix before switching to stable. The purpose of a stable version is to avoid frequent new bugs, updates should pass to stable only when bugs free. So I'm not at all in a hurry for a quick update of stable branch.

Open beta got newer bugs even with the last update, see mavericks problems with a-10c.

I think it's better to have a fix before switching to stable. The purpose of a stable version is to avoid frequent new bugs, updates should pass to stable only when bugs free. So I'm not at all in a hurry for a quick update of stable branch.

Exactly this. If people want to be the beta testers, good for them, I'll wait a week or two and not have to deal with new things broken.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Release/Stable will be updated on Friday, provided this patch goes smoothly.

Steam version too?

I gotta uninstall the VR shader mod if so.

What about the stable version?

Hi, today is January 23 and the last update for the stable version was Dec. 12 (42 days ago), for the Open Beta are 3 updadates and a Hotfix and for the Stavble Version nothing.

showpost.php?p=3575286&postcount=1

In this post you said that the update for the Stable version is the next week from the release of the Open Beta.

Yeah seems like lots of stuff broke in the beta. I'm not on the beta for a reason, so they can take their time.

They took some personal time for the holidays, we got the first patch of the year for open beta last week and they've been addressing some bugs that popped up.

The devs didn't guarantee a patch for stable every other week.. they outlined their gameplan. If you'd rather not wait out the bug hunting for content updates a bit sooner, convert your client to the open beta version. :)

Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.