chdrvr01.sys lock up of tracking

RobfromME

Good afternoon, all,

I have a CH Pro Throttle, Fighterstick, and Pedals (all USB versions). I've used them for some time without issue, however I recently added more memory, a new video card, and two SATA III SSD hard drives to my system, and now occasionally my head tracking stops working in DCS. It's somewhat random in that I can't identify what causes it.

The joystick/throttle/pedals continue to work, but opentrack freezes and can't be shut down even within Task Manager. I can't do a shutdown/restart, and I have to do a reset button push to clear it. I thought it was an open track problem or possibly my camera, but it appears to be the chdrvr01.sys file causing the problem.

Can anyone suggest solutions to fix so that I can continue to use these joysticks? I have already tried the following:

Plugged the Pro Throttle, Fighterstick, and Pedals into the same USB type. One was originally in a USB 3.0, but now they all reside together in the USB 2.0 slots together. I thought this worked, but 1 hour later, headtracking froze again.

Thank you in advance for your time and help!

All my best,

Rob

The error message " chdrvr01.sys" is full of controversy. Some say it has to do with USB ports, some say it has to do with the CH manager and some say that windows is miss identifying the problem. The only way I got chdrvr01.sys to stop appearing was to not use the CH manager, although I never really solved the problem. I never experienced the chdrvr01.sys error while using Trackir.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .