Precision target coordinates for JDAM/JSOW PP Mode?

LeCuvier

How do I get the precision target coordinates (with the decimal seconds) in the mission editor? I believe I have seen a crazy key combination somewhere, but after searching for an hour I have given up. My last hope was Chuck's guide, but that just tells you to get the target coordinates.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Thanks, so for my German keyboard it's Alt + Z

Unfortunately, the format DD MM SS.SS which is needed for JDAM/JSOW is not available under Options/ Misc/ Coordinate Display. ED Should add the option!

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Unfortunately, the format DD MM SS.SS which is needed for JDAM/JSOW is not available under Options/ Misc/ Coordinate Display.

Sure it is. The options are:

Lat Long

Lat Long Decimal

Precise Lat/Long

I would assume Precise Lat/Long would give you DDMMSSss

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

Sure it is. The options are:

Lat Long

Lat Long Decimal

Precise Lat/Long

I would assume Precise Lat/Long would give you DDMMSSss

You presume and so did I. And so I tested, and I found that it gives you only DD MM SS. No .ss

LeCuvier

I input precise coordinates the other day without problem. Found them on the F10 map.

| Strix Z490-H | i5 10600K | MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Gaming X | 32GB 3000MHz DDR4 | 256 Gb SDD Samsung 840 Pro + 480Gb SDD Kingston + 500 Gb HDD | Acer Predator Z1 2560*1440p | TM Warthog HOTAS | 2x MFD Cougar | Buddyfox A10 UFC  | TrackIR 5 | Win10 Pro 64-Bit Swedish |

| A-10C Warthog | AJS-37 Viggen | F-86F Sabre | F/A-18 Hornet | KA-50 Blackshark | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H Huey | FC3 | CA | WWII Assets Pack | Supercarrier |

I input precise coordinates the other day without problem. Found them on the F10 map.

Unfortunately, the F10 map and the mission editor map don't use the same logic. On the F10 map it's easy since, as mentioned in earlier posts, you can just cycle through the coordinate display types with the Alt-Y (or Alt-Z) shortcut. In the ME, you're limited to a fixed set of display variants, and some of the options available for the F10 map simply aren't available. It would be nice if the map display options would actually allow you to choose between all the forms available.

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

In that case we have a bug on our hands, because that would imply there is no difference between Lat Long and Precise Lat/Long

I will report he bug under the Open Beta 2.5 thread as it is not a F/A-18 problem and might affect other modules in the future. Lat/Lon

LeCuvier

The bug exists in the F10 map only. In the ME, the format "Precise Lat/Long" displays correctly with 2 decimals for the seconds. I have reported the bug under "DCS World 2.5"

PS: Somebody said that you could cycle through the coordinate formates in ME as well (with "Alt + Y"). You cannot! I just tried to avoid "fake news".

LeCuvier

PS: Somebody said that you could cycle through the coordinate formates in ME as well (with "Alt + Y"). You cannot! I just tried to avoid "fake news".

Just tested, and you most definitely can. I just tried to avoid "fake news" ;)

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

@Swiftwin9s: I could not believe what you say and tried yet again. What I found is surprising: On my rig, it works with Alt+Z in the F10 map, and with Alt+Y in the ME. I'm using a QWERTZ keyboard. You are UK-based and probably use a QWERTY keyboard. So for you it should be the other way around. Can you confirm?

LeCuvier

It is possible on a QWERTY keyboard - I do it all the time. Just look up the keybind in the general section of controls assignment menu. Simple. For QWERTY, Lalt+Y

Then in the Hornet, you can change from Lat/Lon decimal, to Lat/Lon sec via the HSI, A/C sub menu, right column, bottom OSB button. Precise is available via the initial data sub menu of the HSI, bottom row OSB, second or third from the left.

It’s too bad MGRS isn’t available yet for the Hornet, but still WIP.

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Using QWERTY keyboard definitions:

In my system, Alt +Z is bound to "Time decelerate".

But in ME Alt+Z toggles between the different coordinate formats. I have disabled all my mods and run a repair, but the problem remains.

Not sure if it makes sense for me to post a bug since it doesn't affect everybody. Personally, I can live with this situation.

LeCuvier

Just an idea: while that is in the 'general' tab of controls, these are actually set 'per module' as well, so maybe there is a slight bug about that with alternate keyboard layouts. Glad you found how to deal with it, though.

Your thought prompted me to try what happens when I use a QWERTY keyboard. But it's the same problem except that the letters on the keys are swapped. So it's not keyboard-related.

LeCuvier

Yeah, you can always just rebind the keys.... really not a big deal, at all.

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Yeah, you can always just rebind the keys.... really not a big deal, at all.

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

How do you bind keys for Mission Editor? :)

LeCuvier

How do you bind keys for Mission Editor? :)

You bind keys in the control menu. I haven't changed anything, so would imagine that they aforementioned key bind which I referenced is factory - otherwise not sure how it would have changed on my side.

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

You bind keys in the control menu.

I think you missed the key detail in the question: how do you bind keys for the Mission Editor. ;)

The answer is, of course, you don't. Some might conceivably overlap with the general and UI binds, but as this thread demonstrates, that's not universally true and some may simply be hard-coded with no ability to bind them at all.

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧