A little May update about MiG-19P

OverStratos

Thanks YoYo!

You welcome :).

Btw. On ADI is a brown colour, not black.

obraz_039.jpg

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, AKS but..... another number :music_whistling:.

AKS-3M or AKS-5

Why the cockpit guncam was preferred for training purpose ?

I'll buy :

МиГ-23МЛД & МЛА МиГ-27К МиГ-25 Mirage III F-4E any IJ plane 1950' Korea Dynamic campaign module

Why the cockpit guncam was preferred for training purpose ?

In order to evaluate how pilot is using gunsight for targeting, in combat situations those cameras will be removed in order to improve visibility. This was standard feature for almost all Soviets fighters and fighters-bombers.In almost every aircraft type exist this dualism, one small camera shooting through gunsight glass, and second bigger somewhere in aircraft's fuselage or wing, or in a small pod ( like in MiG-21 or Su-15 ).

7984a7ccd9b1214d.jpg

Radar had two kinds of screen's sleeve: short and long. Here on the picture with short variant on MiG-17PF.

Edited by foxbat155

Foxbat, in your picture half of the rubber tube is actually missing. This is the typical museum example as I wrote above. You can see the metal tube onto which the rubber tube slides on.

These pictures are from the same Mig-17PF. Originally this rubber tube was a long one. On the other hand, I have seen shorter and longer tubes but the differences weren't more than 3-4 inches.

MiG-17fulk_021.jpg.79151e0d27c0e3119dfd434b4ed05553.jpg

MiG-17fulk_052.jpg.82acab4b16e814c6aad3e2760ac20b77.jpg

MiG-17fulk_053.jpg.714dda5483e2bf7203ef47c5ec5143d7.jpg

From the top:

mig-19p-3.jpg

konstr7.jpg

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Loadout info:

The aircraft now can carry its intended weapons. All of these models are placeholders until the final ones are ready.

Available weapons:

2 X NR-30 Autocannons (80 rounds each).

2 x R-3S (AA-2 Atoll)

2 to 4 ORO-57K rocket pods with 8 S-5 rockets per pod.

2 x FAB-50 Bomb

2 x OFAB-100M Bomb

2 x FAB-250M bomb

2 x PTB-400 fuel tank

2 x PTB-760 fuel tank

Maybe PM version too? I need RS-2U / US ;D.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

All models are placeholders? From what I recall, these models on the list should already be in-game, fully working, good to go and and simulated :)

R-3S (used by DCS: L39 and Mig-21bis)

FAB-50 Bomb (Mig-15bis)

OFAB-100M Bomb (Mig-15bis)

Or maybe they are redoing/modifying them a bit for the MIG-19P?

Foxbat, in your picture half of the rubber tube is actually missing. This is the typical museum example as I wrote above. You can see the metal tube onto which the rubber tube slides on.

These pictures are from the same Mig-17PF. Originally this rubber tube was a long one. On the other hand, I have seen shorter and longer tubes but the differences weren't more than 3-4 inches.

Well, in my opinion those are two different tubes. Take closer look:

d328977bec05f65a.jpg

570f93148feef9cd.jpg

Not only few inches, cumbersome tube was foldable. Here on the picture full length:

4b10d5e024df18bf.jpg

According weaponry, I think that few things are missing:

47b7a6270e9c6e20.jpg

RBK-250 in service from 1950, 8 subvariants with different submunition,

3c75a593417bfbfc.jpg

RBS-100 ( RBS stand from: disposable bomb bundle ), kind of early MER with 3x30 kg bomb, in use from 1954.

.....and many more examples of early Soviet's bombs and clusters.

Edited by foxbat155

Well, it might look like that there are two different tubes, but there isn't. There are probably a lot of variations. In this image you can see that the rubber tube is attached to the metal one with a clamp. You can slide this rubber tube in and out on the metal one in order to make it somewhat comfortable for the pilot. The length of the metal differs widely. As I said I have seen shorter and longer ones.

4b10d5e024df18bf.thumb.jpg.afbb57c4c515135d31544b9963c66c66.jpg

Edited by Argo Navis

d328977bec05f65a.thumb.jpg.b563327b4bfb87fe96e87456cade39c2.jpg

In this image what you see there is the opening that was cut on the bottom of the tube in order to see some instruments while your face is against the tube. They attached an aluminium cover to it that keeps the rubber tube more rigid and doesn't let too much ambient light into the tube. This modification was not done in the factory. It was sort of "home made". You can even see in the other images in the link that the metal tube was cut into as well in order to accommodate this opening at the right place. Obviously this opening is not lined up in this image correctly. The rubber has shrunk and is in a bad condition.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3475837&postcount=30

[ATTACH]184014[/ATTACH]

In this image what you see there is the opening that was cut on the bottom of the tube in order to see some instruments while your face is against the tube. They attached an aluminium cover to it that keeps the rubber tube more rigid and doesn't let too much ambient light into the tube. This modification was not done in the factory. It was sort of "home made".

No, wasn't "home made" because exist few photos from different aircrafts with this element ( different types MiG-15, MiG-17, Mig-19, from Bulgaria, Czechoslovakia, Poland, USSR ).

Well, it might look like that there are two different tubes, but there isn't. There are probably a lot of variations.

And finally you get my point: existed few variations and developers are able choose most practical version from DCS point of view.

Hello Foxbat,

I said sort of home made. Believe me, had you seen the quality of this design you would have called it home made as well. I worked on a Mig-17PF for 2 years in a restoration project. A few parts went through my hands. The holes cut into these tubes/glare shields were cut literally with a pocket knife. This sort of a jerry-rigged solution is not something an engineer would come up with. Now picture this: parts made in a factory come off the assembly line then a guy comes with a hacksaw and a pocketknife and cuts holes into them. Doesn't make much sense. However, if it's a modification it does make sense. Ever heard of service bulletins issued by the manufacturer?

In the Warsaw Pact almost every country had their own aircraft repair plant. Most of them were type specific. The one in Plovdiv, Bulgaria had an international contract to overhaul Mig-19s and 17s. For example the Hungarian Mig-17PFs and 19PMs had their major maintenance and overhaul work done by this facility even though the Hungarians also had their own plant to overhaul their own and other nations' aircraft but not these types. I don't know about other air forces but I wouldn't be surprised, if some of the other countries in the eastern block also sent their aircraft to Plovdiv. That might explain why you see the same solutions on different nations' aircraft. On the other hand, you might be right and the guy did show up with the pocket knife and carried out the mod in the factory just before aircraft delivery :shocking: . It is definitely cheaper than redesigning a part after all.

existed few variations and developers are able choose most practical version from DCS point of view.

I totally agree with you on that one, sir.

Maybe exist explanation for those crude work. Probably you know that Soviet's aircrafts had a lot of "biuletins", kind of small modernizations and improvements during service life. In most cases all small mechanical improvements were done locally during overhals. Soviets was only sending documentation to users. Maybe this strange element is one of this situations, and depending on place and priorities those works were done better or worse.

Regarding that restoration, this was MiG-17PF number red 22 with RP-1?. Regards.

Nice!

Do You have ideas for repaints? :)

and...

Will it be in plans any campaign with this module?

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif