DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

Home Fries

DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs  

19 members have voted

1. 1. DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

• Keep DH/DT with Hdg Hold and BA/RA with Alt Hold (keep apples with apples)
    • Map BA/RA with Hdg Hold and DH/DTwith Alt Hold (like actual panel switches)

Thanks for the latest update, the JF-17 layout is great. And thanks for adding the MB339 as well!!

Since 2.42, the Cat I-III switch is inverted in the F-16 for me (WH) no matter where the physical switch starts. Not a big deal by any stretch, just hadn't seen anyone else mention it.

Win10 Pro | i7-9700K @5.0GHz | 2080 Super @2160MHz | 32GB DDR4 3600 | DCS on 1TB M.2 NVME | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswinds V2 | HP Reverb | Huion 640P | Jetpad FSE | PointCTRL

Since 2.42, the Cat I-III switch is inverted in the F-16 for me (WH) no matter where the physical switch starts. Not a big deal by any stretch, just hadn't seen anyone else mention it.

I caught this the other day. Run the updater, then import the latest keyboard diff.lua for the F-16 and the problem will fix itself.

Hey folks,

have the F-14 and can't switch to Rio from my pilot seat. I have the HOTAS Cougar here... Trim unshifted is POV to look around (sucks I know..) ... I shift+down-(left or right) to switch positions but nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong? Will it change my controls to F-14 RIO AND my seat? What to do? =(

The CTS tool is awesome... good lord!

I'm extremly overwhelmed by the F-14... too much information... and too much christmas action here.... I'm sorry.

Greetings,

Cabal

Edited by TheCabal

FC3, Ka-50, A-10C, AJS-37, MiG-21bis, F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Super Carrier, TacView Advanced

Next in line: F-5 II , MiG-19 , MiG-23 MLA

Wishlist: PA-100 Tornado, F-104 Starfighter, MiG-25 Foxbat, A-6 Intruder

Well, updating my T.A.R.G.E.T. did the trick. Everything working great. Just have to learn it now. Except my snap views not quite right. Guess I'll try another version. Otherwise, it GREAT!!! Thanks HF.

The SnapViews are optimized for 1920x1080, so if you have an aspect ratio other than 16:9 they may be off. Unfortunately, the link to the ED Wiki in the HTML docs is 404, so I'll need to add instructions on how to manually modify SnapViews into the docs myself.

Hey folks,

have the F-14 and can't switch to Rio from my pilot seat. I have the HOTAS Cougar here... Trim unshifted is POV to look around (sucks I know..) ... I shift+down-(left or right) to switch positions but nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong? Will it change my controls to F-14 RIO AND my seat? What to do? =(

The CTS tool is awesome... good lord!

I'm extremly overwhelmed by the F-14... too much information... and too much christmas action here.... I'm sorry.

Greetings,

Cabal

For POV, try double-tapping the hat switch left or right without holding S3. The instructions on the graphic are for TrackIR users. Left should do RIO and right should do Pilot.

Man HF. I love this thing but it is giving me fits! I upgraded my target version and now my script loads but weird things are happening. I'm flying the Mirage. Mostly, I seem to have no joystick control. Or any of the hats or buttons on it. If I mess with the gear up/down commands(S3 and China hat) it seems to get the joystick back. Sometimes I'm starting in the air and maybe the script wants you to start on the ground? Well, come to think of it, it happens with ground start too. Also, joystick control comes and goes as I fly. Can't figure it out. Also, my snapviews are wonky. The right and left views work fine but the forward panel views, when I select it, I get right over the shoulder view(5 oclock) for right forward panel and 7 oclock view for left forward panel. Weird. This is for boresight. Haven't tried the classic.

Now, I thought I'd try the Su27. I have the Flaming Cliffs module. Anyway, can't seem to load a new profile. No "on the fly" function. I press S3(assume you mean press and hold) and LOSB1 for 2 seconds but nothing happens. Never hear "Anna" or any indication of profile selection. I have my script set to M2000C by default. So...what the hey? Sure love this thing. Hope we can get it working.

Hope you had a good Christmas HF. Appreciate any thoughts on this. Thanks pal.

I caught this the other day. Run the updater, then import the latest keyboard diff.lua for the F-16 and the problem will fix itself.

That solved it, thanks! I'd only imported the joystick lua, completely forgot the keyboard.

Win10 Pro | i7-9700K @5.0GHz | 2080 Super @2160MHz | 32GB DDR4 3600 | DCS on 1TB M.2 NVME | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswinds V2 | HP Reverb | Huion 640P | Jetpad FSE | PointCTRL

Well HF. I got the profile loader to work. Seems I just have to keep messing with S3-China hat. Something about the gear logic or something. Still having the joystick control go away and come back. Makes for some interesting air combat. Very weird.

For POV, try double-tapping the hat switch left or right without holding S3. The instructions on the graphic are for TrackIR users. Left should do RIO and right should do Pilot.

Thx for answering Home Fries!

Double tap doesn't work, in every possible direction with or without S3. It just pans the view or de/+lock-on on a ground point.

Edited by TheCabal

FC3, Ka-50, A-10C, AJS-37, MiG-21bis, F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Super Carrier, TacView Advanced

Next in line: F-5 II , MiG-19 , MiG-23 MLA

Wishlist: PA-100 Tornado, F-104 Starfighter, MiG-25 Foxbat, A-6 Intruder

HF, love what you have done, without asking you to write a novel, is there a way for us to mod the script for different setup on the sticks?

I am an idiot and can not get any of the shifted functions to work at all..

For example... If I want to use the shifted view....I should pull on the S3 button and pull the trigger to the first detent.... I do so, and get nothing. Whether in VR or not. So I have done something wrong...

Edited by Rum_Runner

I've cut up some of the layout docs to fit the kneeboard if anyone is interested. I've found it useful in vr.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3307488/

Edited by Majik

HF, love what you have done, without asking you to write a novel, is there a way for us to mod the script for different setup on the sticks?

I am an idiot and can not get any of the shifted functions to work at all..

For example... If I want to use the shifted view....I should pull on the S3 button and pull the trigger to the first detent.... I do so, and get nothing. Whether in VR or not. So I have done something wrong...

Read the HTML User Reference for any questions you might have. You should be able to go directly to the section you need. Not trying to say RTFM, but there's a lot of stuff there that is hyperlinked and may help to explain the profile.

For example, with TriggerZoom (the S3+TG1), you actually need to press S3+TG1 to toggle the function (so you can turn it off whenever you like), then if TriggerZoom is active, holding TG1 will zoom in and releasing TG1 will zoom out. TriggerZoom can only be enabled if the logical gearstate is up, and is forced off when the gearstate is down.

I've cut up some of the layout docs to fit the kneeboard if anyone is interested. I've found it useful in vr.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3307488/

If I can figure out the folder structure for the modules I don't own, I'll get around to those as well if anyone is interested.

Also attached to this post is the F-14, which isn't in the above link yet.

Great stuff! The HOTAS graphics are split right down the middle between throttle and stick, so you should be able to just bisect the image vertically to create your images. The only thing you'll chop is the special instructions. Also, you can use Kneeboard Builder to figure out the structure.

Double tap doesn't work, in every possible direction with or without S3. It just pans the view or de/+lock-on on a ground point.

I'm looking into this right now.

Edited by Home Fries

Ok, I figured it out. When I put in a check to prevent remapping when the station wasn't changed, I didn't do it right for POV.

Open DCS_World.tmc in the TARGET Script Editor, compile it, then find the file called DCS_Global_Subs.tmc in the left column.

Then navigate to line 3297 which should read

else if (TrackIR > 1)

Replace this with

else if (TrackIR != 1)

This will be fixed in he next release. I'm too far along to do a hotfix right now, so for now you'll need to do this yourself.

Edited by Home Fries

confusing post, removed..

Sorry, Rum_Runner. I read your post earlier, but I've been so busy I haven't had an opportunity until now to respond.

What you described in The device analyzer (S4 presses DX29,31,32) indicates that the logical gear state is down (the DX29 combos are used for wheelbrakes with S4 when the gearstate is down). If the logical gearstate is up, S4 should press DX4. You must have the logical gearstate up to cycle and engage TriggerZoom, and you will only see DirectX commands in the device analyzer if you are using VR (you will see DX1 and DX29). You will see the keypad * and / or ENT in the event tester if you are using TriggerZoom with TrackIR or POV.

If you have any further questions, please also list the module/profile you are using (not all profiles support TriggerZoom), your hardware (Cougar/Warthog/TrackIR/VR), and the steps used to replicate the error.

Great stuff! The HOTAS graphics are split right down the middle between throttle and stick, so you should be able to just bisect the image vertically to create your images. The only thing you'll chop is the special instructions. Also, you can use Kneeboard Builder to figure out the structure.

Thanks, you've made it pretty easy to split the graphics down the middle, only a couple have extra controls spanning the middle (bar the special instructions on all modules). I've used kneeboard builder to figure out the rest of the folder names as best I can, and updated the file. Hopefully it helps others as it has me.

There’s no spyglass zoom in the profile...yet . Wait until next version.

I was going to post about this regarding the F-14; I use buttons 11 and 13 for spyglass and vr zoom globally in the UI, which translates to the coolie switch forward and aft in other modules (that I own at least, except F-14 and MB339). As the deafult controls on the coolie are usually useable elsewhere in the profiles, it works really well as having momentary zooms on the throttle is ideal for me.

In the F-14 however, the coolie hat is mapped to C and V. I use the china hat for wing sweep, and my UI bindings override VSL on the DMS (no biggie with airio though). Is there anyway I can rearrange this on my end, whilst keeping the DMS and china hat controls intact? I'm thinking maybe swap buttons 11 and 13 with C and V in the script, then just remap the functions manually? But then I'm not sure how to affect the tertiary lantirn functions on the DMS. I've looked through the HTML reference, but couldn't find anything, and I'm not sure how to do this through editing the script without guidance.

Any help on the matter would be great!

Edited by Majik

Maybe I did something wrong, but on the C101CC, there's no binding for:

- unlock of the gun trigger

- unlock of the release button

I tried to import both the C101 and DX_C101 keyboard and virtual thrustmaster profiles but the weapons binding don't initialize properly

iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, i7 4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, AMD R9 M395X 4 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Cougar MFD | MFG Crosswind | EDTracker Pro | Realteus ForceFeel

DCS World | Bf109 | Fw190 A8/D9 | P47 | P51 | Spitfire | I16 | C101 | L39 | F86F | MiG15 | MiG19 | MiG21 | FC3 | A10C | AJS37 | AV8BNA | F5 | F14 | F16 | F/A18 | M2000 | JF17 | Christen Eagle | Yak52 | SA342 | UH1H | Mi8 | Ka50 | Combined Arms | NS430 | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Channel | Syria | NTTR | WWII Assets

Hi everyone,

first of all a big "Thank you!" for the work you put into this Script Editor.

However I encoutered a couple of problems while trying this out. I just recently got a HOTAS Warthog Setup of my own and was looking for various premade profiles to map all the buttons for the various modules I own.

I followed your setup guide to the letter. Set up all the folders, profile files, VIACOM Pro, Chatter, AI RIO, configured CTS itself as described in the setup guide and setup the necessary modifiers in DCS for the profiles and VIACOM.

Running the profile went well enough, however NONE of the buttons that are mentioned in the provided JPGs seem to do the thinks they are supposed to do.

Not even the simplest "MASTER ARM Toggle" is mapped correctly on the M-2000C

I tok at least two hours to setup everything up properly, yet nothing I tried works.

1.) I don't own any MFDs

2.) I don't own any HeadTracking or VR hardware

3.) I don't own rudders, yet :(

I know I am supposed to get the above mentioned hardware pieces to get the full experience, but is there no way to make this work?

What am I doing wrong? Please help a fellow airman in need or point me in the right direction.

Thanks boys!

TI was going to post about this regarding the F-14; I use buttons 11 and 13 for spyglass and vr zoom globally in the UI, which translates to the coolie switch forward and aft in other modules (that I own at least, except F-14 and MB339). As the deafult controls on the coolie are usually useable elsewhere in the profiles, it works really well as having momentary zooms on the throttle is ideal for me.

In the F-14 however, the coolie hat is mapped to C and V. I use the china hat for wing sweep, and my UI bindings override VSL on the DMS (no biggie with airio though). Is there anyway I can rearrange this on my end, whilst keeping the DMS and china hat controls intact? I'm thinking maybe swap buttons 11 and 13 with C and V in the script, then just remap the functions manually? But then I'm not sure how to affect the tertiary lantirn functions on the DMS. I've looked through the HTML reference, but couldn't find anything, and I'm not sure how to do this through editing the script without guidance.

I don't recommend modifying the script, especially for the F-14 which reassigns a lot of assignments on the fly across a number of functions. For 2.44, I have inserted Spyglass Zoom wherever possible to a "down" SnapView, and VR Zoom to an "up" SnapView (in addition to the existing H1U toggle and TriggerZoom). Being able to assign UI Layer commands to the keyboard has really opened up this functionality (previously, all UI Layer commands had to be DirectX).

Maybe I did something wrong, but on the C101CC, there's no binding for:

- unlock of the gun trigger

- unlock of the release button

I tried to import both the C101 and DX_C101 keyboard and virtual thrustmaster profiles but the weapons binding don't initialize properly

Thanks for the heads-up. The C-101 devs changed a lot of mappings and I didn't catch them. No promises for 2.44, but I'll get on it as soon as I can.

arthog Setup of my own and was looking for various premade profiles to map all the buttons for the various modules I own.

I followed your setup guide to the letter. Set up all the folders, profile files, VIACOM Pro, Chatter, AI RIO, configured CTS itself as described in the setup guide and setup the necessary modifiers in DCS for the profiles and VIACOM.

Running the profile went well enough, however NONE of the buttons that are mentioned in the provided JPGs seem to do the thinks they are supposed to do.

Not even the simplest "MASTER ARM Toggle" is mapped correctly on the M-2000C

I tok at least two hours to setup everything up properly, yet nothing I tried works.

1.) I don't own any MFDs

2.) I don't own any HeadTracking or VR hardware

3.) I don't own rudders, yet :(

I know I am supposed to get the above mentioned hardware pieces to get the full experience, but is there no way to make this work?

What am I doing wrong? Please help a fellow airman in need or point me in the right direction.

!

Master Arm and Gun Arm are mapped to the EAC and RDR ALTM switches on the throttle base. Additionally, MFDs are highly recommended for use with CTS, as this was originally designed to integrate the MFDs so that functions don't need to be shoehorned to the HOTAS. I have made the profile less dependent on MFDs to support VR users, but that does not change the intent of the profile.

I highly recommend purchasing headtracking (or VR), rudders, then MFDs (if VR was not purchased).