Razbam DCS MiG-19P Development Update #2

OverStratos

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) I didn't know Alphajet has RWR, i thought the only '70/'80 trainer which has it was the mb.339CD, in this case it's ok, it's not a lethal weapon like an A-10 but it has some interesting capabilities (i never said i wouldn't like it).

2) The G.91 was born obsolete, yes i admit it, but I talked with several italian G.91 pilot and they said all the same thing, it was assigned to the wrong role.

Pilots who flew on F-86 said it was incredible at low speed AoA turn, very agile and very easy to manuver, so it was a turnfighter used as a CAS aircraft (a similar thing happened with F-111), to compensate low armament and low thrust there was the Y version.

So i'm interested in the G.91 but using it for what it does better, it would be interesting a dogfight between Mig-15, F-86 and G.91 don't you think?

Dont want to drag offtopic but a few things need to be cleared up.

F111 was never a good "dogfighter" unlike the F86. It was designed for the USAF from the get go as a Long range Inerdiction strike jet. the F11B that was meant to be a Fleet Defense fighter. It was not good that that role and it did not suffice for carrier ops. thats why one of the many reasons navy rejected it as a carrier fighter and eventually why the adopted what became the F14 . and the USAF why they ever used it to just a strike role. ( that and it never had any Sparrow or AMRAM capacity in US service anyhow) F111 was a Brick of a plane compared to the likes of the F15 or even the F14.

F86 was really just a good A2a Fighter that could function also as a secondary role as fighter bomber with additional capability expanded later versions for the at role which was the F-86F and the post korean F-86H ( Like an F-16)

G91 could , but wouldn't be an ideal opponent against F86F or Mig15bis. They are both faster, climb better, accelerate better, and handle better at higher altitudes, and with the sabre, handles better at high speeds.

G91 would be something like the A6M zero having to rely entirely on maneuverability, and thus mostly defensive maneuvers.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Hi, I am still waiting patiently for another MiG in the line...

it might be to early to ask... However will you guys include Poland's skin on MiG-19 release?

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Hi shamandgg,

We will include every country(paint) were the MiG-19P was used.

I am looking forward for you guys to cash me out! Thanks, I will wait patiently :)

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sweet! thank you for the update. :-)

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
MiG-19 is coming first, or at least "Mig-19 is way ahead in the production line" according to Razbam on Facebook. Mentioned in the comment section of the new post about the Super Tucano

quite logical, after all Mig 19 should be far more easier to reproduce accurately, without needing extensive avionic stuff. Think about it, if the Super Tucano were about to launch now, that could mean that the first full glass pit plane is a prop one, which is sorta hilarious, and interesting, however, Mig 19 being as it is, a cold war classic, a plane that can be done at highest standard without "confidentiality problems" and sure revenue, a lot of us love MIGs (me too), and also will help in a better, or at least more agile development, for the Super tucano. Win-Win

MiG-19 is coming first, or at least "Mig-19 is way ahead in the production line" according to Razbam on Facebook. Mentioned in the comment section of the new post about the Super Tucano

I missed that one thank you for that!

I'm so ready for the MiG-19