New caucasus map

-IRRE-Rolluptito

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct, and Open Alpha will go away.

But what then with all the skins, missions, controls config, settings, etc. and other things I have installed in 2.2?:huh:...I have quite abandoned my 1.5 version, now I will have to mess with it to make it catch up with my 2.2?...can we have also an update for the 2.2 to 2.5 please?.

thanks!

Take a look at my MODS here

The free space on my OS drive is pretty short actually that it maybe wont be possible to install another instance of DCS with 70GB or something before deleting the old one. I remember there was a way to transform any version of DCS into any other version by using the windows console. Will this still be possible?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gainward RTX 2080 OC | i7 8700K OC | 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3600 MHz | MSI Z370-A PRO | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB

So if 1.5 will not be further updated, are you maybe planning to relase the last (most actual) version as downloadable file (as it was earlier). System requirements of new Caucasus map will be probably too large for my PC, so it would be good option for me (and I think, for other users with less efficient computers) to be able to have copy of instalation file of the 1.5.

Yep very good news, finally some solid info on when to look forward to 2.5 and what to expect.

Thanks much for the update!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Wags, 2,5 will allow since day of the release to have the four maps working on the same install? Caucasus, Nevada, Normandy and Hormuz??
All available maps will be playable through 2.5.

That felt like an attempt to pry some info on timing for the Hormuz map. Matt handled it like a presidential news conference! :lol:

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

I'm a bit confused about the new seperate install. Do I understand that correctly, that we can not update our Stable Release installation to 2.5? But we can do that with the Open Beta installation?

So can I use the DCS Updater to switch from the 1.5 Stable Release to the 2.5 Open Beta and then switch back to the Stable Release after 2.5 is out? I'm asking because I don't want a new installation.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I'm a bit confused about the new seperate install. Do I understand that correctly, that we can not update our Stable Release installation to 2.5? But we can do that with the Open Beta installation?

So can I use the DCS Updater to switch from the 1.5 Stable Release to the 2.5 Open Beta and then switch back to the Stable Release after 2.5 is out? I'm asking because I don't want a new installation.

1.5.8 public version will remain the latest stable release.

EDIT: 1.5.8 OB will be able to go to 2.5 OB or do a completely new install for 2.5OB

2.2 OA will go away

Edited by Raven68

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

Windows 10 Professional

1.5.8 OB will be able to go to 2.5 OB or do a completely new install for 2.5

That's one way to interpret it, but what about the "NOT an update to an existing version" phrase then?

Wags, I applaud your attempt to reduce confusion, but really, you couldn't have made a more confusing statement within two sentences :D.

Are we getting 2.5 stable and 2.5 OB on the release day?

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

What a question. Lol.

Fractal Define R6 | Maximus XI Hero | i7-9700K@5.1GHz | GTX 2080 Ti | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | SSD M.2 1TB | VG248QE | TM Hotas Warthog | TrackIR4

DCS F-5E | MiG-21 | A-10C | FC3 | NTTR | F/A-18C

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1.5.8 public version will remain the latest stable release.

EDIT: 1.5.8 OB will be able to go to 2.5 OB or do a completely new install for 2.5OB

2.2 OA will go away

So 2.5 will never be a Stable Release? That doesn't make sense.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

My bad Art-J I should have said 2.5 OB at the end.

My understanding is 1.5.8 will remain the public released version until 2.5 OB goes public like they have been doing with the 1.5.x versions.

Edited by Raven68

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

Windows 10 Professional

It will obviously take some time before a 2.? stable version can be had.

Sure, but when that happens, I should be able to switch from the 2.5 OB to the 2.5 Stable Release or not?

I just want to avoid a new installation so my update plan is:

1.5 Stable Release -> 1.5 Open Beta -> 2.5 Open Beta (when available) -> 2.5 Stable Relase (when available).

That should be possible, shouldn't it?

Tornado3 small.jpg

Sure, but when that happens, I should be able to switch from the 2.5 OB to the 2.5 Stable Release or not?

I just want to avoid a new installation so my update plan is:

1.5 Stable Release -> 1.5 Open Beta -> 2.5 Open Beta -> 2.5 Stable Relase.

That should be possible, shouldn't it?

I think so. I'm in the same situation with no OB version. I do think I'll start with fresh 2.5 install and hopefully Norm. and NTTR will just get copied from 2.2 and install wont take to long.

But I still don't understand why updating from 1.5 Stable to 2.5 Stable (when released) will not be possible, but 1.5 OB to 2.5 OB will be?

Tornado3 small.jpg

Dear all,

DCS World 2.5 News Update

Work is going well with the updated Caucasus map and the summer map is ready to go! However, there is still work to do on the Spring, Autumn, and Winter maps. Much of this revolves around integration of the new SpeedTree tech. This is a rather time consuming process and is not just a case of just dropping in new tech.

Additionally, a lot of work continues on updating the hundreds of missions and campaigns that need to be adjusted for the map changes. This primarily entails moving units and their routes out of the many new forested areas on the map. We want this move to DCS World 2.5 to be as bug-free as possible.

Finally, we have the holiday season fast approaching, and we need to give our staff time with their loved ones.

Given this, we will be releasing DCS World 2.5 by late-January 2018. This is not an estimate, this is a promise.

In order to avoid confusion and any update issues, DCS World 2.5 will be released as a new download (NOT an update to an existing version). The current Open Beta will be updated to DCS World 2.5 Open Beta, the Open Alpha will be removed, and DCS World 1.5 will remain but be unsupported.

Modules will not need to be re-downloaded or activated.

Pilots statistics from DCS World 2.x will be carried over to DCS World 2.5.

Movement of DCS World 2.5 would then soon follow to Steam.

Thanks,

Matt “Wags” Wagner

Eagle Dynamic SA, Senior Producer

Not that I'm promoting my advice as professional, but getting Caucasus converted after all this time is a wise decision, and please I'm not mocking any statements from years ago or anything like that. Hopefully the 1.5 client will at least prove stable while we wade through the beta process of 2.5 and onward. The Caucasus map alone will bring in a much larger test bed to help you iron out kinks. The addition of the already existing SP content for the modules we already own will give us much more to do while we're trying out the new client and I'm loving that we're getting closer to a point where you guys can focus on the new, and only needing one install of DCS World.

As far as a delay - As a customer persnonally - the past is behind us. More recently you've been showing us some of the shineys and I know quite a few people besides myself drooling

over it. The examples of progress being made, and post I've quoted above, while unforunatey calling for a delay until late jan, is just a month away deserve a Kudos. Your fans have been waiting a long time for this, and this news is exciting. It's like going to the S club and going home with BB's watching the 2.5 footage, all while in the F/A-18. I ain't the kind of guy who enjoys the S club.. but you ever met that one that seems like worth the wait?

Anyway.. I'm obviously a little excited.. so I'll stop before my keyboard starts smoking.. but Wags, and Eagle Dynamics - the people I "fly" with like the progress updates and videos. Wishing you the best of luck, and looking forward to DCS 2.5beta and onward. Try to meet your goals.. but if something comes up - show us shineys of what you've been working on and keep communicating with us. There are some of us that get we're all human. Even when we forget it.

Edited by Headwarp
Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.