Introducing the VKB-Sim Gunfighter

rrohde

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you buy the Gunfighter Grip later on separate?

VKB say that any new grip they release in future will be compatible with previous bases, except for Mamba Mk.I - that use different adapter/connector.

Unless you have an actual, commercial-grade hydraulic stick, FFB is garbage.

Yes, and with a probable cost above 3 digits, why Paccus don't became a game joystick.

This without considering Immersion fees. Logitech venture in this market - I guess making the "Swan Song" of flight sim FFB joystick - because have a patent of Force Feedback device.

VKB has difficult to finance grip molds for plastic injection - why the partnership with Asia games and the EU Gladiator "imbroglio" - imagine for pay Immersion fees... for sew few thousand of units for a niche of a niche market. "Simmers, welcome to real world". ;)

Edited by Sokol1_br

Good thing 3d printing is coming on line & becoming more affordable for small lots.

Really looking forward to getting the gunfighter. I didn't see the grip or extension in the accessories - will those be added?

As stated by aaron886 - The Gunfighter Pro comes with that extension.

And - rather soon there'll be an announcement for the first modern jet grip by VKB. And this time "soon" really means soon! :thumbup:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

As stated by aaron886 - The Gunfighter Pro comes with that extension.

And - rather soon there'll be an announcement for the first modern jet grip by VKB. And this time "soon" really means soon! :thumbup:

Really, really, really, really appreciate your engagement on behalf of VKB on the forums!

Now to business ... :)

Does "soon" mean before Feb 28th, so that when we place our orders we can decide whether or not to get the TMWH adapter at that time, or just go directly for the VKB modern jet grip?!

Well, the announcement will be made really soon, but the final product won't be out until May (my best guess - so please don't pin me on that).

I would highly recommend to invest in the TMWH adapter along with your Gunfighter, else you might be frustrated because, you know, the modern VKB grip is still some months away.

Hope that makes sense. :)

EDIT: Forgot to mention - I've seen the latest renders (VKB HQ shared them with me yesterday, and I am ready to kick my TMWH grip to the curb after seeing this!)

Edited by rrohde

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Well, the announcement will be made really soon, but the final product won't be out until May (my best guess - so please don't pin me on that).

I would highly recommend to invest in the TMWH adapter along with your Gunfighter, else you might be frustrated because, you know, the modern VKB grip is still some months away.

Hope that makes sense. :)

EDIT: Forgot to mention - I've seen the latest renders (VKB HQ shared them with me yesterday, and I am ready to kick my TMWH grip to the curb after seeing this!)

Ok, makes sense. Thanks!

Looking forward to it!

• Like 1

A bold statement. Please kick it my way :)

• Like 1

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

can't wait to wacht gf pro reviews

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

It would be really nice if the Gunfighter extension was sold as an individual piece. Has that been mentioned before? I intend to buy the base-only variant to use with my Warthog grip, but I would also like to make a short extension of the sort I've been using with my Warthog thus far. (7cm or less, for those of us who secure the stick to our desk between the legs, as with the MonsterTech mount.) It would be even better if VKB sold extensions of varying lengths, instead of just long ones!

The extension and base plate and springs will be an individual kit, available soon. Hopefully right around when the Gunfighter ships.

It would be even better if VKB sold extensions of varying lengths, instead of just long ones!

To quote from the VKB forum:

Q: Are different extensions planned? E.g., 150mm, or 100mm?

A: No, as the VKB-Sim extension is purposefully designed to include a specific curvature, and this curvature only works with a specific length (200mm). VKB is not offering any straight extensions at this time.

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

The extension and base plate and springs will be an individual kit, available soon. Hopefully right around when the Gunfighter ships.

To quote from the VKB forum:

Q: Are different extensions planned? E.g., 150mm, or 100mm?

A: No, as the VKB-Sim extension is purposefully designed to include a specific curvature, and this curvature only works with a specific length (200mm). VKB is not offering any straight extensions at this time.

Can the curvature be used reversed? i.e., Curving out instead of in (so more like a heli cyclic)?

That would involve mounting both the grip and base backward (or just the grip backward and then inverting the x and y axes in software).

Reason I ask is that if the curve bumps against chair, then I have to mount stick even more forward than a straight stick. As it is now with a 20cm straight extension, it is just on the edge of uncomfortable for full forward deflection, and full back deflection just brushes the edge of chair.

• Like 1