Bearcat Eye Candy

• 3 weeks later...
They started delivering it in Feb/Mar 45 and the first unit became operational in May 45 so it may fit into the current WWII roster. It would definitely be interesting to see how it would fare against the Dora/K4 ... can't really see putting it up against Mig15s. The climb rate in this thing to 10k ft is insane which may make it a bitch to put on combat WWII servers.

Why not, F4U corsair pilot has shot down a mig 15 over Korea. just kidding'it happens only once. MiG 15 outmatched the corsair immediatly when introduced.

Bearcat :thumbsup::prop::thumbsup: good work VEAO

Prend ton temps mais fait ca vite :cold:... LG34''21:9 Asus 23''monitors Intel i7-4590 EVGA 1070 Superclocked Gskills 4x4G RAM Fatal1ty AsRock Z97 killer motherboard in a HAF black box with 4 CH products plug in and logitech G510, F310, M510 and M570 plus trackIR 5!

Is Eric Brown on the team too PMan?

Definitely one to head hunt if you ask me!

Almost met him last year... Was staying in the same hotel for Flying Legends and he was having dinner on the table next to us.... We all felt it would be a bit rude to interrupt his meal though!

He should definately be VEAO's chief test pilot!

Almost met him last year... Was staying in the same hotel for Flying Legends and he was having dinner on the table next to us.... We all felt it would be a bit rude to interrupt his meal though!

He should definately be VEAO's chief test pilot!

An absolute legend of the aviation scene - I would love to meet him one day!

Edited by VH-Rock

Virtual Horsemen - Right Wing (P-51)  - 2008... 

Virtual Ultimate Fighters - Lead (P-47) - 2020...

I'm in Hospital for a shoulder op on Friday, I have his book packed ready for my one day stay, can't believe I've never read it before....

Anyway, new video of this beauty, it never ceases to amaze me how effortlessly it seems to glide around the sky.

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Pman wanted me to send you guys some renders of what I've been working on. Currently I'm finishing up the engine & engine bay, then it'll be on to the control surfaces and landing gears. It should be good for implementing the external model into DCS after those are done.

Ignore the valve rocker covers, they're being replaced in approximately 15 minutes.

I hope you all enjoy the renders! :pilotfly:

F8F-2_WIP_130.thumb.jpg.5c0a637d3a834db1d6059d91f4f48ca6.jpg

F8F-2_WIP_131.thumb.jpg.50a294c7951be176553bd0d6b91ab321.jpg

• Like 1
Call me ignorant. But why the need to model the engine itself? Won't that be hidden under the cowling?

Or will it be like the P-51 and the engine will become exposed with damage?

Well, You can still see front of it through the cowling inlet and the back of it through the cowl flaps when they're opened.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.