First Campaign Mission

Vitesse2l

Hi All,

Having finally worked out why take off was so hard (setting rpm at 2500 as per Wags video and not realising it governs itself lower) I'm really enjoying the 109K, but...

First campaign mission is a simple cold start and taxi. Fine, but I can't start the engine manually, and auto start failed too. I tried it a few times. I got a few splutters but it won't run.

I can start the 109 with no problems in my own simple missions, though. I did notice the temp is given at -2 Celsius in the campaign which is something that definitely made a difference in the old cars I've had.

Anyone else having this issue? I know the campaign is not the most exciting but I thought i'd give it a go.

I'm wondering if it's something that hasn't quite worked in the 1.5 update.

It's a temperature issue (not a bug, just a fact, that it's cold :D). I managed to start the engine after I asked ground crew to turn the starter second time. During engine spool up I kept priming the engine, and held the starter handle until engine responded. There is a funky cold weather start handle in throttle quadrant, howewer it's not implemented at the moment (Flight Manual, page 100).