What to Expect in the Next Hornet Open Beta Update (11/21?)

Fropa

Yes, as of this post we are only 3 days into the most recent open beta update, and I am like a kid in a candy store enjoying the heck out of the new features that Wags and the ED team brought to us. It's because of this that I can't help but ask... what's in line for the next open beta update? No worries if I'm jumping the gun here, but curiosity is getting the better of me right now :)

Next project after JHMCS and LMAV seem to be HARM, soft lock and SA page but since these are quite complex systems i would not expect a rollout in the next update. A new flir rendering system is also in the pipe and i guess this will take a while too, so no IR mavs an ATFLIR soon.

i5-2400 | 16GB Corsair XMS3 | MSI GTX 970 4GB | 500GB Samsung 850 Evo | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog | Saitek Rudder Pedals | Windows 10 64 bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My guess would be further LMAV and HMD bug fixes, maybe the radar elevation bug fix and some further improvements/added features for those systems.

Yep this.

No, we are not gonna get a fully working ground radar with "lazer" bombs and a fully working air to air radar that matches all current intelligence with a new top secret weapon that you saw on YouTube once, back in 2016. . Wind your expectations in and ride the Open Beta like a true warrior.

Edited by Mule

Yep this.

No, we are not gonna get a fully working ground radar with "lazer" bombs and a fully working air to air radar that matches all current intelligence with a new top secret weapon that you saw on YouTube once, back in 2016. . Wind your expectations in and ride the Open Beta like a true warrior.

I'm confused... nobody in this thread has said anything remotely close to what your saying, nor are there hyped up expectations here. Are you referring in general to others outside of this thread who've posted things like this in the past? If so, then yes I agree with you. Open beta definitely isn't for everyone :)

I'm confused... nobody in this thread has said anything remotely close to what your saying, nor are there hyped up expectations here. Are you referring in general to others outside of this thread who've posted things like this in the past? If so, then yes I agree with you. Open beta definitely isn't for everyone :)

Yep, what you said. It's getting beyond tedious.

I just want to point out that the JHMCS functionality they've implemented is a fraction of the actual system's full capabilities. They said they will work on HARM once the JHMCS is done, but do you honestly consider this feature sold off and complete at this point?

The Day/Night brightness button doesn't even do anything yet. Temper your expectations.

I just want to point out that the JHMCS functionality they've implemented is a fraction of the actual system's full capabilities. They said they will work on HARM once the JHMCS is done, but do you honestly consider this feature sold off and complete at this point?

The Day/Night brightness button doesn't even do anything yet. Temper your expectations.

Ah right on cue... where do I begin? First, go check the (I've actually lost count how many) relevant threads, including input from Wags and from his YouTube channel, regarding how the JHMCS is going to be rolled out. It is nowhere near complete, and if you had done your homework, then you would already know that. Then, go and learn what the terms "open beta" and "early access" mean, because based on your post, they are both definitely not for you. Stick to the DCS release version and don't purchase modules that are released in early access and you won't have anything to complain about.

Ah right on cue... where do I begin? First, go check the (I've actually lost count how many) relevant threads, including input from Wags and from his YouTube channel, regarding how the JHMCS is going to be rolled out. It is nowhere near complete, and if you had done your homework, then you would already know that. Then, go and learn what the terms "open beta" and "early access" mean, because based on your post, they are both definitely not for you. Stick to the DCS release version and don't purchase modules that are released in early access and you won't have anything to complain about.

Ummm...that is not how i interpreted his post...

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Sorry what was I complaining about again? Clearly the OP is asking what NEW features are coming out in the SHORT TERM, and I was reminding the audience that the current features are nowhere near complete, so don't expect NEW features in the short term as these ones aren't anywhere near completed yet.

And for what it's worth I've been playing ED products since 2003; I am well aware of the development cycle and completely happy with the progress on the Hornet. What I am not happy about is the community's constant demand for new, new, new features when the features in our current set are far from mature.

A new flir rendering system is also in the pipe and i guess this will take a while too, so no IR mavs an ATFLIR soon.

I've not seen it said anywhere that the IR Mavs are waiting for the new FLIR rendering system (only that the ATFLIR is) - that seems to be an assumption some in the community have made but I don't think it's accurate. They've been working on the IR Mavs and they were originally slated for release at the same time as the laser Mav - they're functional (albeit buggy) with a lua edit, I don't expect we're going to have to wait that long.

Sorry what was I complaining about again? Clearly the OP is asking what NEW features are coming out in the SHORT TERM, and I was reminding the audience that the current features are nowhere near complete, so don't expect NEW features in the short term as these ones aren't anywhere near completed yet.

You have to remember that new features are not necessarily dependent on existing features to be complete. ED should add features as they are ready and not put artificial dependencies on their release.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

And for what it's worth I've been playing ED products since 2003; I am well aware of the development cycle and completely happy with the progress on the Hornet. What I am not happy about is the community's constant demand for new, new, new features when the features in our current set are far from mature.

The title of this thread and the wording of my post were quite clear. Not once did I use the word "new". Plus, while I acknowledge and appreciate your experience with ED's products, I do agree with @Revelation. When ED is ready to release something, it should be released asap so that they can benefit from community feedback on bugs, etc. The open beta server is not the internal devs' server. ED has always been good about implementing hotfixes to correct bugs that severely impact gameplay following the release of a new Hornet system.

You have to remember that new features are not necessarily dependent on existing features to be complete. ED should add features as they are ready and not put artificial dependencies on their release.

With only 4 people working on the Hornet, I don’t know if there are enough resources to be able to focus on both new and existing features. I want new things added to the Hornet as quick as possible, but not at the expense of having to endure partial functionality and bugs of existing features.

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

With only 4 people working on the Hornet, I don’t know if there are enough resources to be able to focus on both new and existing features. I want new things added to the Hornet as quick as possible, but not at the expense of having to endure partial functionality and bugs of existing features.

Try to keep in mind that the Hornet is 6 months into its EA period, and this has yet to be the case. In the last open beta update, for example, there was at least one major bug, and a hotfix was implemented in 48 hours that corrected it. At the worst, a major bug took a week to fix due to the complexity of the issue, but it was fixed.

Yes IR Mavs and AGM-88! Maybe Novermber 21st? Would be a great update.

HARM is just not going to happen the 21st. Manage your expectations; expect nothing and be surprised about the fact that you never get dissappointed again.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm