Joint Warrior 2: Op Quarterback

FLANKERATOR

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we get a definitive answer on 1.2.8 vs. 1.2.9 soon?

It looks like the 104th server and a whole lots of players are 1.2.9, I guess we have to test the mission in 1.2.9 and hope everything is stable.

My wireless internet means I cant be switching around versions without it costing $100s.

Many Thanks.

Are there issues with 1.2.9?

Who knows ? Hotfixes in few days after release were required in the past.

The matter is that the release is heavy (more than 900Mo DL for guys who have a lot of modules), and it cannot just depend wether -or not- the guy launches his computer in the last 24H, accepts -or not- the automated update.

Normally, you have 2 different channels: DCS World and DCS World Open Beta.

Only the DCS World Open Beta was proposed to migrated to 1.2.9 yesterday, but today the 1.2.9 is proposed for DCS World version too.

Sounds weird twice : how a beta version can be pushed to stable branch in less than 24H (IT guys in the place feel like......:doh:), and how guys -who registered to such an event- accepted to change their DCS stable version without care ?

Edited by galevsky06

What is the cost to roll-back ?

For guys who went to 1.2.9, it should be easier to do

[color=#ff8a00][b]DCS_Updater.exe update 1.2.8.27915
[/b][/color]

Since the big part of the release is additional content... almost nothing to DL to roll-back, I guess.

Thank you all for your opinions.

At this point, we think best is to go with the flow since Steam users could not roll back to 1.2.8.

JW2 Notice to all participants:

• update to the latest release version (1.2.9)
  • Start time is 1800z (instead of 1700z) to allow people enough time to update to 1.2.9
  • Join 51st TeamSpeak 20mn before kick off at: 51st.hopto.org

banner_discordBannerDimensions_500w.jpg

Situational Awareness: https://sa-sim.com/ | The Air Combat Dojo: https://discord.gg/Rz77eFj

Thank you all for your opinions.

At this point, we think best is to go with the flow since Steam users could not roll back to 1.2.8.

JW2 Notice to all participants:

• update to the latest release version (1.2.9)
  • Start time is 1800z (instead of 1700z) to allow people enough time to update to 1.2.9
  • Join 51st TeamSpeak 20mn before kick off at: 51st.hopto.org

Flanker, can the MIG29S rearm with A/G ammo and used it? or only CAP and sweep.

Good luck fellas, happy flying!

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Congrats to all. Listen on TS and must say my team are great. Congrats guys!

Bad episode for me... lost connection, and first contact i die... :joystick: :doh:

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

Awesome! Thanks guys for coming and competing, I hope you had a lot of fun out there.

Here are the final results, winners are confirmed according to the scoring below!

BLUE - 600 / ORANGE - 75 - (Final score - Blue advance to the final battle)

PURPLE - 325 / GREEN - 465 - (Final score - Green advance to the semifinal against red team. This is scheduled for tomorrow July 27 at 1700z)

Orange and Purple teams: Thanks guys for showing up and looking forward to seeing you partaking in the next event!

banner_discordBannerDimensions_500w.jpg

Situational Awareness: https://sa-sim.com/ | The Air Combat Dojo: https://discord.gg/Rz77eFj