Performance issues after the latest update

30mikemike

Without Pressing LAlt+Ent in the sim, You will run in borderless window mode and to true Fullscreen.

This has been so for ages now - wonde when they will fix it.

Thanks, I was unaware of this ... I have two monitors, so I wonder what that will do, but I will try anyway.

Where is MSI mode selected please?

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

You need to download a small app to enable the setting, have a read through the posts in this thread

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=220117

My Man.

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

Shouldn't we be trying to achieve 60 FPS to match the TrackIR refresh rate? For me to get 60 FPS in DCS, I have to set my EVGA Precision X frame rate target to 61 and have full screen checked in game. If I set it to 60 FPS, DCS shows 59 FPS in game.

My only question is, do I leave my monitor refresh rate at 144Hz or do I set that to 60Hz as well?

Edited by =BJM=

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

Shouldn't we be trying to achieve 60 FPS to match the TrackIR refresh rate? For me to get 60 FPS in DCS, I have to set my EVGA Precision X frame rate target to 61. If I set it to 60 FPS, DCS shows 59 FPS in game.

My only question is, do I leave my monitor refresh rate at 144Hz or do I set that to 60Hz as well?

leave it a 144;)

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

and btw i've noticed as well performance has deterioarated since last ob updated expecially when looking at trees, my fps used to be 60 fps costant, now it drops to 45, same game settings in dcs and nvcp .

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

and btw i've noticed as well performance has deterioarated since last ob updated expecially when looking at trees, my fps used to be 60 fps costant, now it drops to 45, same game settings in dcs and nvcp .

Same here buddy. I was seeing FPS drop to the low 80's at worst and now I see FPS dropping into the upper 60's at times. I did not change a thing in regards to settings but now I am looking at adjusting settings because I am getting uncomfortably (for me) close to that 60 FPS threshold. I feel that this is really unacceptable performance at any level of settings for a 4.6GHz CPU, 1080 Ti GPU and 16GB of RAM.

**running w7/64 and using a MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Duke OC 11GB, 16GB RAM on MOBO, CPU is i7 4770

about 2 weeks ago I installed the above card and spent considerable time adjusting NV settings and in game DCS settings...to achieve a result of smooth graphics. After the most recent OB update 2.5.3.23954 I now get stutter without any other change.

problem seems worse in F18 particularly when looking fully left or right or rearward at low height in dense areas such as Los Vegas or dense tree areas close to ground. Forward vision or 45degrees off forward axis is not a problem.

hope ED take note of this issue though I know stuttering like shimmering has been a long standing issue with DCS World...Gary

Edited by gary palmer

**running w7/64 and using a MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Duke OC 11GB, 16GB RAM on MOBO, CPU is i7 4770

about 2 weeks ago I installed the above card and spent considerable time adjusting NV settings and in game DCS settings...to achieve a result of smooth graphics. After the most recent OB update 2.5.3.23954 I now get stutter without any other change.

problem seems worse in F18 particularly when looking fully left or right or rearward at low height in dense areas such as Los Vegas or dense tree areas close to ground. Forward vision or 45degrees off forward axis is not a problem.

hope ED take note of this issue though I know stuttering like shimmering has been a long standing issue with DCS World...Gary

+1

I've noted as well that the problem is very pronnounced when panning in the cockpit to right/left with the f18.....

I must say that I wonder why not more resources are put into optimising performance, considering the amount of posts about stutter and poor performance.

It´s clearly not just a matter of adding more RAM or using SSD's.

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

Personally I would like to see much more consolidated bug fixes & everything DCS moved out of alpha and beta to stable final release of DCS and all current modules rather than more modules. Sort of quality rather than quantity thing. Once that is all done which would take big effort and time then continue expanding the game.

Gary

I have been doing some testing and noticed a great improvement in performance when I locked my FPS to 60.

I have EVGA Precision X and set the Frame Rate Target to 61 to get the 60 FPS in game. I leave my monitor at 144HZ and GSYNC on. I leave Full Screen unchecked in game settings and do not use LALT+ENTER.

By locking the FPS to 60, I noticed everything is a lot more smooth and no stutters. TrackIr is smooth as well. Even the stutters with weapons hits/effects is gone.

Maybe this will help some of you as well!

I have been doing some testing and noticed a great improvement in performance when I locked my FPS to 60.

I have EVGA Precision X and set the Frame Rate Target to 61 to get the 60 FPS in game. I leave my monitor at 144HZ and GSYNC on. I leave Full Screen unchecked in game settings and do not use LALT+ENTER.

By locking the FPS to 60, I noticed everything is a lot more smooth and no stutters. TrackIr is smooth as well. Even the stutters with weapons hits/effects is gone.

Maybe this will help some of you as well!

I'll just stick to using nV Inspector 59fps lock and Fast Sync thanks :)

Edited by Mustang

well well Sir, I've tried vsyncoff in game + vsync fast in nvcp+vsync fast in nvidia inspector + fps lock at 59 v2 limiter with nvinspector...and actually it got worse compared to cap fps to 60 via riva-turner or nvinspector itself....

If I lock fps to 59 I notice some stutter/jittery, at 60 is smooth as butter.

For me best result is using rivaturner to lock fps at 60 + I also delete max_fps line from graphics.lua :thumbup:

Works also for me. S! :thumbup:

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds

Actually Mustang is not far from the truth with 59 fps.

There is one super smooth method using the RTSS, from my own practice works excellent with V-sync.

More in post #232 from user ReaINC: https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/the-truth-about-pre-rendering-0.365860/page-12#post-5380262 or https://www.blurbusters.com/howto-low-lag-vsync-on/

🖥️MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4, Kingston 3600 MHz 64 Gb, i5 12600K, Gigabyte RTX 4090, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus,🕹️VKB NXT Premium.

apparently for me 59fps is a NO-GO as I am running a gsync monitor and proably that's the reason, I could try disbling gsync and set fps to 59, I will give it a try

I also delete max_fps line from graphics.lua :thumbup:

You can also set MaxFPS = 0 too as this is the same as disabling it all together - interesting about your 59fps stutter problem, goes to show that one setting for one is not the best for another (gotta love the randomness nature of PCs lol)

Actually Mustang is not far from the truth with 59 fps.

There is one super smooth method using the RTSS, from my own practice works excellent with V-sync.

More in post #232 from user ReaINC: https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/the-truth-about-pre-rendering-0.365860/page-12#post-5380262 or https://www.blurbusters.com/howto-low-lag-vsync-on/

and actually from the post you've linked :

"If there is no in-game frame rate cap capability, use RTSS which was tested to be lower lag than NVInspector and other capping utilities."

so honestly I dont understnad why you're using nvidia inspector to cap fps ad RTSS is better in terms of latency :)

You can also set MaxFPS = 0 too as this is the same as disabling it all together - interesting about your 59fps stutter problem, goes to show that one setting for one is not the best for another (gotta love the randomness nature of PCs lol)

yeah it's a bit strange, but we have different hardware.

I am capping fps@60 but I keep my monitor refresh rate @144hz (according to suggestions from blurbuster forum as well) , plus I have gsync ON.

I will experiment with gsync off and fps@59 , but I will also set monit refresh rate@60.

Even tough I find that keeping the monitor at 144hz or even 165hz capped@60fps is smoother than caping monitor @60hz