EF Status Update

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can it even carry and self-designated LGB's?

It can carry dumb bombs and IIRC LGBs too, but it has no TGP, so it can't designate.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I was never expecting it to be released in 2016 tbh, it's a much too complicated aircraft for that as far as I could tell.

But I'm hoping for a mid 2017 release whilst early 2017 would be a dream come true.

Initial release was scheduled for christmas 2015 IIRC :D

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

so VEAO will be making the earliest version - Tranche 1 ?

can anyone pls give a proper link to read about different Tranches' details?

See here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=144730

Lot's of information in there (that's what a FAQ is about ;)), including capabilities of the tranche 1 Eurofighter.

Edit: I have to correct my previous statement: A TGP is not impossible, just very unlikely (RAF Typhoons in the Lybian Air Campaign in 2011 have been buddy-lased by RAF Tornados). See the linked FAQ and the following two links for information on LGB, TGP and general A-G capabilities:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2874695&postcount=216

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2874765&postcount=219

Edited by QuiGon

Tornado3 small.jpg

See here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=144730

Lot's of information in there (that's what a FAQ is about ;)), including capabilities of the tranche 1 Eurofighter.

:doh:

sorry, my bad

well, this answers everything:

From public sources you can gather that weapons cleared for real Block 5 aircraft comprise the AIM-9L Sidewinder, ASRAAM and IRIS-T infrared guided short range air-to-air missiles (SRAAM), the A, B & C5 variants of the AIM-120 AMRAAM active radar guided medium range air-to-air missile (MRAAM), the internally housed Mauser Bk27 gun, 1000 lb class free fall bombs, UK Paveway II and GBU-16 1000 lb class laser guided bombs (LGBs), GBU-10 2000 lb class LGBs and Enhanced Paveway II dual-mode bombs with laser/GPS-guidance. In addition the aircraft is cleared for carriage of up to three 1000 l supersonic fuel tanks and the Rafael Litening 3 laser designator pod (LDP).

so no sead/maritime/cruise-missiles, I guess

Edited by ZHeN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

so no sead/maritinme/cruise-missiles, I guess

That's correct. No A-G missiles at all.

AFAIK and Brimstone are just beeing integrated at the moment, while our DCS Tranche 1 Typhoon is a variant from around 2005 I think. The tranche 1 Typhoons were supposed to be retired by 2020, but this decision has been revised, so that some of them will be kept in service for the air defense role providing QRA in the UK (including the Falklands) and the Baltics (for NATOs baltic air police mission).

Edited by QuiGon

Tornado3 small.jpg

tranche 1 ef can hardly be called multirole.

ah sorry didn't know that this initial blockwere getting was air to air only. well I any case it'll still be on my radar just cause it's still a very modern aircraft and just cause it's an ef

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

That's correct. No A-G missiles at all.

AFAIK and Brimstone are just beeing integrated at the moment, while our DCS Tranche 1 Typhoon is a variant from around 2005 I think. The tranche 1 Typhoons were supposed to be retired by 2020, but this decision has been revised, so that some of them will be kept in service for the air defense role providing QRA in the UK (including the Falklands) and the Baltics (for NATOs baltic air police mission).

Tranche 1 typhoons will not be exclusively used for UK QRA, nor will they be used in the NATO air combat policing missions, they will likely remain in falklands, however many are being retired due to age, 29 Sqn (the OCU) will likely get most of the remaining ones... many have been upgraded also.

• 2 months later...

Eurofighter Tranche 1 Block 5 (incl. drop 1-4)

Hello Everyone.

I'm following Tiffy since its announcement years back. When it was known as EF-2000 and soon later DID's Eurofighter 2000 Simulator came out. I'm from Germany and following all the technology improvements and variants of the EF.

To help understand its developement i just wanted to inform you about the Tranche 1 Block 5 including its drops. And yes, Tranche 1 was indeed delivered as Multirole Fighter and often compared to the F-16 Fighting Falcon (my most favorite Jet since my childhood). The Pre-Series models of the EF-2000 called "ISPA" in Italy, Spain and Great Britain were delivered to test several roles. After ISPA came to end, the Tranches were delivered. To get u some more into details, i will try to translate information from the german wikipedia page. Since the german wiki page is the only one with most information somehow.

TRANCHE 1

The Tranche-1-Jets were delivered since 2003 and had basic functionality and features. All Tranche-1-Jets have been upgraded to block 5 as part of the R1-and R2 programs until beginning of 2012. Germany, Italy and Spain developed the "Drop 1", a Software-Update for Avionics to improve the change of LRU's (since 2011). After that, Germany and Great Britain developed the "Drop 2" upgrade and made it available to all Tranche-1-Machines on March 2013. The Display of targets is more intuitive. The operating possibilities of the target lighting container via HOTAS have been expanded and the DASS-Software has improved. "Drop 3" Has been made available end 2014/beginning 2015 and includes/provides all Core Systems.

Following "Drop 4" what improves MIDS and AIS. The Tranche-1-Machines Software capabilities are limited due limited computing power: So it is possible for example, to engage Air Targets during bombing runs with ESM/ECM Trargeting and shooting AMRAAMs, BUT u can not switch back to Air-to-Ground Mode while doing so. This was only Fixed in Tranche 2.

BLOCK 1

Standards in Hardware and Testflight-Instumentation, basic capabilities.

BLOCK 2

Sensor fusion and limited DASS (Chaff/Flare), PIRATE only as FLIR, DVI-Voice-Control, Basic Autopilot.

New Weapons: AIM-9L, ASRAAM-digital, AIM-120B AMRAAM, Canon.

BLOCK 2B

Software-update for Flight control system (Full Air-to-Air and Basic Multirole capabilities), Striker-Data Helmet (First version of HMD STRIKER 1- check links below), MIDS-Datalink, more Radar-modes, Full DASS, PIRATE and Ground-Collision-Warn-System.

New Weapons: IRIS-T analog.

BLOCK 5

Nightvision for Striker Helmet (Improved HMD, Striker 2-Full HMD- check links below), Software-update for Flight control system, Full Autopilot, Full PIRATE, Full Ground-Collision-Warn-System.

New Weapons: Paveway II ( GBU-16, GBU-48 ), Rafael Litening III, Canon-Ground-Mode.

As you can see, this T1B5 is the full basic-multirole EF-2000 model.

German Wikipedia Source: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurofighter_Typhoon#Serienmodelle

The Striker-I-HMD Helmet:

The Upgraded Striker-II-Full HMD Helmet:

Some more Information about Eurofighter Typhoon:

BAE Systems AESA Radar Simulation. (Here u can see how the Radar works)

RAF's Quick Reaction Alert Crews, Special Report-Inside Look by SkyNews.

Very interesting short documentary (but bad quality):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sf-J__V1cZE

A Documentary about EF.

Wonderfull on-board video:

Megafactory - The Construction of a Eurofighter Typhoon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMGLmJo3NAI

I hope i was able to throw some light on most questions.

Best regards, Mark "MKev" P.

Edited by MKev

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lt. Mark "MKev" P. - Callsign: Rhino

Military Flight History: Falcon 4.0, Falcon BMS, IL-2 & DCS

Streaming with passion: MilSim, Survival and more...

MKev_Gaming - "Gaming is my religion"