Hellcat or Corsair?

carss

A zero would be quite fun, especially if the PTO map/units gets worked on in the future!

Oh and Dolphin, I'm pretty sure Hiromachi has a wealth of information in regards to most things PTO, so don't hesitate to find out, you may get most of what you need!

Is a PTO map really abandoned completely or just going to be on hold for a very long time?

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

Zero will be an insta-buy for me as soon as available :D

Wanted to do one in 3D but I also find it hard to get detailed informations / drawings on particular models / versions.

Small off topic but to answer that, Golani, there are few publications that contain reprints of original factory drawings as well as high quality digital reproductions. Making known and widely produced versions wouldnt be a problem - A6M2, A6M3 model 32 or A6M5 model 52.

It gets tricky when you try to make a fighter-bomber version of A6M2 :book:

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

I'd like to say that if you do not plan making the Corsair anymore (as this thread seems to indicate), maybe switch focus and help flesh out the European theatre from 1944.

There are still many planes missing from that front. P38L, Typhoon MkIb, Fw190A8, Hs129, Me410, B25, Mosquito, A20 etc

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

But this year there is a chance for another plane/module from Magnitude 3? :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

• 1 month later...

I would love the Hellcat. One of my favourite warbirds.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

We will do the Corsair guys - but just not this year.

What else is lined up for this year then? Is there a surprise, maybe something we don't know yet? ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

I wonder why no-one is tackling twin engine props...or are they... I don't know.

Maybe in their pipeline but not actively developing?

I sure would love me a P-38. I would think it would do well.

Also would love to fly the Corsair in DCS. Was looking forward to it!

Edited by MegOhm_SD

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Both

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Agreed, both lol.......

P-38 saw a LOT of action and was more successful vs the Japanese than the Germans. The Corsair came through at just the right time for the Marines. Wonderful airplanes, easily two of my three favs that saw combat in that war.

Makes sense alone to delay the development of new WW2 planes until EDs new damage model is fully integrated. Looks like a lot of additional work. Thus I don’t think we will see another prop fighter before the Corsair.

P-38 would be great.

• 2 months later...

I think many players are waiting for a propeller plane capable of taking off from the aircraft carrier. Maybe at the moment they are focused on the battle theater in Normandy but later on they might consider a map like Pearl Harbor or Midway or ... Iwo jima.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]My dream: DCS Tornado