Axis Control for Manual Prop Pitch not working?

Weegie

Related to the recent thread on Prop Pitch in manual, which drifted somewhat I cannot get the Engine RPM axis to do anything when assigned.

Tried on 2 different controllers

Works fine using the Page Down & Page Up

Anybody find the same thing?

The real control in the 109 is in form of 2 buttons on the throttle that move the "prop pitch clock needle" up and down. It's not an axis, they are push buttons in the real plane, you should bind them on adequate controls on your HOTAS :)

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16

Despite what is in the real 109 according to the settings I can use an axis to control the prop switch according to the Settings, so that is what I want to do

The Governor is set to Manual (Auto switch forward) and the Ignition CB is IN, V100 I think.

So why is it not working?

Without changing anything but using the Page Down/Page Up I can adjust the prop pitch

All I am asking is if anybody else has tried to use it and does it work for them

AF1QipOueC7pjZv2FegVLHsx5Jsxh-qFiY9ndATV6w3lPSPKAGZhgCnzBL1BVFruwMNnbcgxm0GIQkSF0xeEuT9wTJSkOqHZlNnkfIkxgnjF4RqDejANxOhjAqXARGd_C0S3n9m__1B5JSxeStG7Pv7V3OmH0rejUk0MfeLpiuwZu1OQFvVrEsYC2sDUQnm284Uh27hBZ4AZoCnsCm1s91t3QBVseedEQtJu6t5NMoM1YTuTRw2fRH8TaCziSzuWHUwDVPglDOLXUaNHrQN95z97RslVr1X9A2Iikc0YxfjHm-TRaQrlCYO7GhIfpuWue0WHfZBz9S9eLa1kIXitfsxKvR3CANI3y9n-vKF4LZczPYlHTFK8678-_UR8UkJY2LLOt7TxzBIgGqXNyeSam2BATOSH5tfLQTZdUamcQaSNg_o_M36KFomrSecsHTmV6kCNbaxCao-TRjzmvaUvDScekMukszggysiAlaQobdemkjEvSp5mZtVPKXJaCVjeIeDHqx6KXrvQx776X4haG-XqJd3hNIn62bfi1VygRMzmrZjr9KA9_TRCZsBVvGbGq4A8h5AP3IExlroI1pSdfVy7IVupVLhM3P7sbNiXsOPUF4YqIn58hgqhGZO4EATNdFKXPBFg8zGxFOc1OMBgtQDHajyTh-Kb=w1771-h997-no

AF1QipOueC7pjZv2FegVLHsx5Jsxh-qFiY9ndATV6w3l

RPM is controlled by a 3-position paddle on the throttle handle. The "Engine RPM Setting" axis control while it animates the paddle position smoothly with axis value, the result is a one-speed increase, neutral, or decrease command based on if the electrical contact behind the paddle has been made.

It's essentially the paddle increase or paddle decrease buttons bound to an axis. And for me it functions as expected.

Thanks Frederf

Now you point it out I see what it's doing it smoothly operates the paddle but although the paddle is moving the clock dial prop pitch indicator doesn't so I don't think it's quite right (in my game anyway)

All that said the way it's implemented makes it pretty useless, so I reckon I'll just bind it to the buttons instead

Thanks everybody

• 2 weeks later...