DCS Update Patch Notes Discussion Thread

NineLine

Did anyone noticed the new sounds?

While flying the Harrier I simply didn't realized that there are new sounds for the other airframes as well.

Probably still WIP but to me they sound really well so far.

Yes I couple days ago I noticed the F15 sounded awesome so I created a mini airshow with it. Then used LCTRL F11 to set myself up on the runway in the middle and then in VR watched the show and just listened. Was awesome!

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Viggen externals too. According to Cobra, its new default sounds. Dont know if the entire sound engine behind has changed some, but it does sound more dynamic. I found myself flying the Viggen as a RC plane, when I noticed it :)

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=197070

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

The Spitfire sounds have been improved too!

Viggen externals too. According to Cobra, its new default sounds. Dont know if the entire sound engine behind has changed some, but it does sound more dynamic. I found myself flying the Viggen as a RC plane, when I noticed it :)

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=197070

You guys are making me feel giddy here. I need to do some exploring this evening! :thumbup:

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Hi,

NO DCS 1.5.8 Open Beta installed

Download from last 2.1.1 to 2.2 : 6,470 GB

Installed-Modules

A-10C, BF109, FW190, MIG21bis, P-51D

Nevada, Normandy

Are you sure you're updating to the 2.2 and not some older version? 2.2 doesn't seem to be out yet, even force update doesn't find it.

Updated, but I cannot seem to install the AV-8B module, anyone else encountering this problem?

BTW pretty looking clouds :)

Everybody is my guess

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=197442

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |