A day at the range

Adayattherange.jpg

Dowload here: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/1842040/

I started fiddling with this mission to have something for a long night of flying, and I thought it turned out quite well so I figured I’d share it. It consists of a couple of different things to do, so you can play it for a short while or, as the name of the mission suggests, an entire day if you please. I made it for single player, but it should be even more fun for multiplayer co-op as well, though I have not tried it. It is for the A-10C only.

The things you have available so far is:

1. Target practice on strafe pits and bombing locations with scorekeeping.

The strafe pits and bombing locations on ranges 62B and 64B have scorekeeping, the strafe pits will count hits and the bombing targets (containers) will note how far from the target you hit.

2. Target practice on static targets marked by smoke and laser by JTAC.

Ranges 62A and 64A have JTACs marking hard and soft static targets that will respawn after all targets have been destroyed. The JTACs can be activated via the F10 radio menu if you overfly them. This is to not keep the F10 radio menu cluttered during long flights.

3. Random tasking/missions.

Via the F10 radio menu you can select “Request tasking”. This will pick one of currently eight different tasks consisting of varying CAS and CSAR missions with live BLUFOR and OPFOR. Many of the tasks have random elemets, so they will play out a little differently every time you play them.

Most of these missions take place in the north western region of the NTTR.

This mission is made to depict a slower paced tactical play, so if you use the random tasking function it may require you to fly for ten or fifteen minutes to get to a location, and once you are there it might involve some loitering time.

DISCLAIMERS, PLEASE READ THIS

- To get the Strafe Pits and Bombing Targets to count your bombing and gunnery result, you have to first enter the mission as observer, press F2 or F7 to observe any unit for about 10 seconds, until the “Ready” message is shown. Then press escape and go to Choose Airplane Slot.

- This mission uses the 467th vFGs Range Objects, download them at: http://www.476vfightergroup.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=287

- The Request Tasking function might not give you a task after you have completed a couple of them, if so, hit the Request Tasking until you get a new task.

This is because each task only can be activated once, and if it randomly selects an already activated result, silence ensues.

I highly recommend you turn of allied flight reports, as they might spoil parts of some tasks.

—————

CREDITS

Speed and Grimes for their amazing MIST.

Ciribob for his hard work on the JTAC function in the CTLD script and his Simple Range Script.

Stuka for his 476th vFG NTTR mission template, this mission uses many of (but not all) parts of that mission.

The 476th vFG for their Range objects.

Thank you all for sharing your hard work with the community for us to use.

—————

Bugs, errors, questions and suggestions

Please let me know if you encounter any weird things or bugs. I’m also happy to get any input or questions you might have.

Edited by EasyEB

This looks really good, some of my mates are still getting to grips with A10 systems and switchology so I cant wait to give this a go with them.

Cheers!

F-15E | AH-64 | F/A-18C | F-14B | A-10C | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2 | Ka-50 | SA342 | Super Carrier | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Syria |

Intel Core i7 11700K - 32GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4 - MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming X 12GB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe SSD 1TB

Thanks a lot!

I was looking for such a mission, especially with the target range and a hit counter!

I'll try it ASAP for sure! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

ASUS Z170 PRO Gaming || i7x6700K@4.6GHz || Noctua NH-U14S || Corsair16GB DDR4 - 3000MHz || Asus Strix GTX-1080 TI-11GB || TrackIr 5Pro || Saitek x-55 Rhino || Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals || Win10 pro

• 1 year later...

Hey mate,

i am trying to change the livery for the A-10c for the Danish fictional camo, for which i have to change the country to Denmark of course. When i do that and save it, the second flight ship or wingman disappears in the editor and when i start the mission, my A-10c spawns in a different location. The livery is the one i wanted though (Danish Camo). I guess i am doing something wrong when i change it, any idea what i am missing or what is going on?

Hey mate,

i am trying to change the livery for the A-10c for the Danish fictional camo, for which i have to change the country to Denmark of course. When i do that and save it, the second flight ship or wingman disappears in the editor and when i start the mission, my A-10c spawns in a different location. The livery is the one i wanted though (Danish Camo). I guess i am doing something wrong when i change it, any idea what i am missing or what is going on?

Hi sc_neo

The easiest way to avoid what you have encountered is to amend the skins description.lua file. If you open this in notepad++ and remove the bottom line in it's entirety named countries, you will be able to select the danish camo for any countries aircraft. Hope this helps

Callsign: NAKED

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 year later...
Adayattherange.jpg

Dowload here: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/1842040/

I started fiddling with this mission to have something for a long night of flying, and I thought it turned out quite well so I figured I’d share it. It consists of a couple of different things to do, so you can play it for a short while or, as the name of the mission suggests, an entire day if you please. I made it for single player, but it should be even more fun for multiplayer co-op as well, though I have not tried it. It is for the A-10C only.

The things you have available so far is:

1. Target practice on strafe pits and bombing locations with scorekeeping.

The strafe pits and bombing locations on ranges 62B and 64B have scorekeeping, the strafe pits will count hits and the bombing targets (containers) will note how far from the target you hit.

2. Target practice on static targets marked by smoke and laser by JTAC.

Ranges 62A and 64A have JTACs marking hard and soft static targets that will respawn after all targets have been destroyed. The JTACs can be activated via the F10 radio menu if you overfly them. This is to not keep the F10 radio menu cluttered during long flights.

3. Random tasking/missions.

Via the F10 radio menu you can select “Request tasking”. This will pick one of currently eight different tasks consisting of varying CAS and CSAR missions with live BLUFOR and OPFOR. Many of the tasks have random elemets, so they will play out a little differently every time you play them.

Most of these missions take place in the north western region of the NTTR.

This mission is made to depict a slower paced tactical play, so if you use the random tasking function it may require you to fly for ten or fifteen minutes to get to a location, and once you are there it might involve some loitering time.

DISCLAIMERS, PLEASE READ THIS

- To get the Strafe Pits and Bombing Targets to count your bombing and gunnery result, you have to first enter the mission as observer, press F2 or F7 to observe any unit for about 10 seconds, until the “Ready” message is shown. Then press escape and go to Choose Airplane Slot.

- This mission uses the 467th vFGs Range Objects, download them at: http://www.476vfightergroup.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=287

- The Request Tasking function might not give you a task after you have completed a couple of them, if so, hit the Request Tasking until you get a new task.

This is because each task only can be activated once, and if it randomly selects an already activated result, silence ensues.

I highly recommend you turn of allied flight reports, as they might spoil parts of some tasks.

—————

CREDITS

Speed and Grimes for their amazing MIST.

Ciribob for his hard work on the JTAC function in the CTLD script and his Simple Range Script.

Stuka for his 476th vFG NTTR mission template, this mission uses many of (but not all) parts of that mission.

The 476th vFG for their Range objects.

Thank you all for sharing your hard work with the community for us to use.

—————

Bugs, errors, questions and suggestions

Please let me know if you encounter any weird things or bugs. I’m also happy to get any input or questions you might have.

Any chance you can make this available again? I noticed its been taken down. :(

TJ