Left handed stick recomendation please - Page 5 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-12-2017, 08:35 PM   #41
hansangb

Reputation power: 12
hansangb is just really nicehansangb is just really nicehansangb is just really nicehansangb is just really nicehansangb is just really nicehansangb is just really nicehansangb is just really nicehansangb is just really nicehansangb is just really nice

I believe Virpil makes left handed joystick.
hansangb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 09:24 AM   #42
zika1234

Reputation power: 0
zika1234 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes..virpil t50 has left hand option ..russian su27 style stick

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

Last edited by zika1234; 08-13-2017 at 02:21 PM.
zika1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 01:47 PM   #43
cichlidfan
Veteran

Reputation power: 115
cichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by zika1234 View Post
Yes..virpil t50 has laft hand option ..russian su27 style stick

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk
Considering that only ten percent of the population is left handed, there is a good reason why no air force has ever developed a left handed aircraft.
ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1
cichlidfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 04:07 AM   #44
Home Fries

Reputation power: 14
Home Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by cichlidfan View Post
Considering that only ten percent of the population is left handed, there is a good reason why no air force has ever developed a left handed aircraft.
Though that said, a higher percentage of lefties are aviators than represent the general population.

I remember reading in "Chickenhawk" where Robert Mason is a lefty and his instructor was telling him how screwed he was. After he made it through flight school, he went back to the instructor and asked him about the comment. The instructor laughed, then asked the room of instructors "who here is left handed?" and about half of the instructors raised their hands.

The average naval aviator, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy, and caring.
These feelings just don't involve anyone else.

My DCS Files and Skins
My AJS-37 Viggen Skins
My DCS TARGET Profile for Cougar or Warthog and MFDs
Home Fries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 05:25 AM   #45
cichlidfan
Veteran

Reputation power: 115
cichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Home Fries View Post
Though that said, a higher percentage of lefties are aviators than represent the general population.
While that might be true. One example, which might, or might not, be the result of a bit of artistic license, is little more than statistical noise without a much larger sample. One could just as easily say that the statistic only applies to Army aviators and be, apparently, equally correct.
ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1
cichlidfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 05:40 AM   #46
Home Fries

Reputation power: 14
Home Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really niceHome Fries is just really nice

25 percent of the early astronauts were lefties as well.

I don't have the statistics for the military or professional civil aviators, but if not common knowledge it is generally accepted that lefties are more representative in aviation when compared to the percentage in the general population. My theory is that being right brained helps with the spacial orientation and processing (being more visually oriented than numbers oriented). I know I could eyeball a bearing within a few degrees.

Of course, I was the exception: a leftie back-seater. I would be better served as a number cruncher, but such is life...

The average naval aviator, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy, and caring.
These feelings just don't involve anyone else.

My DCS Files and Skins
My AJS-37 Viggen Skins
My DCS TARGET Profile for Cougar or Warthog and MFDs
Home Fries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 10:15 PM   #47
mytai01

Reputation power: 5
mytai01 will become famous soon enoughmytai01 will become famous soon enoughmytai01 will become famous soon enough

It's time to teach your right hand some new tricks!
mytai01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 11:58 PM   #48
SharkBaztard

Reputation power: 1
SharkBaztard is on a distinguished road

This joy is optional.. you can switch it to right or left hand.. apologies if already mentioned.

http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_US/pr...000m-fcs-hotas
SharkBaztard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 06:18 PM   #49
Sokol1_br

Reputation power: 26
Sokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to Sokol1_br

https://virpil.com/en/shop/grips/vpc...50-lh-grip-vpc
Sokol1_br is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 06:21 PM   #50
Sokol1_br

Reputation power: 26
Sokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of lightSokol1_br is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to Sokol1_br

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytai01 View Post
It's time to teach your right hand some new tricks!
More easy solution for the problem:

https://virpil.com/en/shop/grips/vpc...50-lh-grip-vpc
Sokol1_br is offline   Reply With Quote