Can't build tasking for Viggen unless owned?

Crew Dog

Not sure if here or the Viggen "bugs and Problems" thread is the right place to ask this, but as it stands, we can't build a mission that includes the Viggen unless we own that module? I was trying to build a mission that included an Anti-Ship element, yet the special tabs for the Viggen waypoints (as shown to me by someone in my squadron who has the Viggen) aren't there, effectively negating any chance of properly using that airframe in the mission. This seems to be limiting on what we can place in ME, especially if some fly with people who own the AJS-37 but don't build missions whilst others who may be better at ME don't.

FENRIR

No KC-10 in DCS? Thank goodness for small miracles!

Intel i5 4690K OC to 4.0, Corsair CX850M PSU, 16GB Patriot Viper @ 1866MHz, EVGA GTX 1060 SC, Samsung EVO 250GB SSD, Saitek X-55, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Delanclip

Unfortunately its like that for every module you don't own. There is a feature request for it to be changed. Given the editor is in LUA it might be possible to mod it in, however I'm not 100% certain where it gets the data to populate the list.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

I completely understand that, but if memory serves, the Viggen is the only frame that has those special tabs necessary to make it perform as advertised. I do hope that feature request you stated does get pushed through.

FENRIR

No KC-10 in DCS? Thank goodness for small miracles!

Intel i5 4690K OC to 4.0, Corsair CX850M PSU, 16GB Patriot Viper @ 1866MHz, EVGA GTX 1060 SC, Samsung EVO 250GB SSD, Saitek X-55, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Delanclip