Baked in reflections

MAXsenna

Will we have the option to remove the baked in reflections from day one?

I know some claim its realistic, but not the way they're usually implented in the SIM. In my car I can bob my head around, change vizors, lighting etc. Not so much on a computer...

Cheers!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Edited by MAXsenna
Spelling

Shouldn't need an option because it shouldn't have baked in reflections at all.

They're horrible and an utter waste of an artists time doing them, plus very early 2000's.

I hope ED remove them from all modules.

I agree. I just assume we'll get them, and make a point in advance to show that some of us don't like them!

eyes will adapt and focus beyond

Right, so doing away with them wouldn't be realistic, and adapting & focusing beyond isn't doable without getting kludgy either, so damn if you do, damn if you don't.

Hell, I'm gonna paint them myself if this is the swing of things here.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Right, so doing away with them wouldn't be realistic, and adapting & focusing beyond isn't doable without getting kludgy either, so damn if you do, damn if you don't.

Hehe That's why I asked for an option...

And what is the problem with an option to disable them? We have this already for the F/A-18 and the F-16 and i wish they would add this option for every module. I think the reflections look good on a monitor with a "fixed" head position(using a hat on the stick to move your view). But in VR they look exactly the same independently of your head position(contradicting their purpose), it's like someone put a semi transparent poster on your cockpit-glass, very distracting IMHO.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

And what is the problem with an option to disable them? We have this already for the F/A-18 and the F-16 and i wish they would add this option for every module. I think the reflections look good on a monitor with a "fixed" head position(using a hat on the stick to move your view). But in VR they look exactly the same independently of your head position(contradicting their purpose), it's like someone put a semi transparent poster on your cockpit-glass, very distracting IMHO.
I feel the same with TrackIR. It's especially bad when you can't see the ground through the HUD.

Like what unknown is saying - make it optional for all modules that have them, as is the case with the F-16CM and F/A-18C.

It's particularly glaring in the MiG-15bis

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

In real life your eyes will adapt and focus beyond.

That's definately a rumour.

But I agree its much worse than IRL in the sim. Just give us option so everyone can set it to their liking and all is good.

Exactly. Same goes for TIR or any other headtracking, yet even just translating the head position via keys.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I agree with MaxSenna. It can not be a romour.

I can realize the top of the dash of my car on the windshield, but I may tolerate it because my eyes can focus beyond the glass.

But somehow in DCS, even if you can focus beyond of the glass, the baked reflections irritate my eyes and they're distracting.

I can accept baked reflections in only one condition: They should move in correlation with my moves in the cockpit. :)

• Like 1

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

• 3 months later...
On 9/11/2020 at 12:23 PM, Buzzles said:

They're horrible and an utter waste of an artists time doing them, plus very early 2000's.

should be a option, I hate clear unrealistic glass as if nothing is there. until they do animated glass effects.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The best case scenario is to have it optional then, people who want them can have them and people who don't like them don't have to have them.

• Like 3

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Another vote for optional  (A-10CII)

• Like 1

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, I have asked for this for a super long time now in all modules. My main offenders are the f86, spitfire etc. Unfortunately something that is relatively simple is clearly very low on the priority list, which is a shame because it ruins the experience.

• Like 1

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

21 hours ago, Enduro14 said:

In VR don’t even notice them as you have true depth and focus beyond them no problem.  That being said having them optional should be all modules in DCS, in my opinion.

Pearsonally they stand out a lot in vr. Especially when first seated as they don't blend well at all. Not a good look for people I show vr to. 

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

Am 11.9.2020 um 19:23 schrieb Buzzles:

AMEN!

• Like 3

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, RX 6900 XT, 64GB RAM // Tobsen CM Kollektiv, VPC CM3 Throttle, VPC WarBRD Rudder Pedals, VPC T-50 CM2 + WarBRD Base  VR: HP Reverb G2

Helis: UH-1H / KA-50 3 / Mi-8 / Mi-24P / SA-342 / AH-64D  Jets: F-5E / F-14A/B / F/A-18C / MC-2000 / A-10C II / AV-8B / AJS 37 / MIG-21bis  / F-16C / F-15E / F-4E (soon)  WWII: Spitfire / WWII Assets Pack

Tech.: Combined Arms / NS430 / Supercarrier   Maps:  Nevada / Persian Gulf / Normandie / Syria / South Atlantic  Waiting for:  BO-105 / OH 58D / CH-47 Chinook / G.91R / Tornado IDS / A-7E Corsair II

1 hour ago, hazzer said:

Pearsonally they stand out a lot in vr. Especially when first seated as they don't blend well at all. Not a good look for people I show vr to. 

Reflections don’t blend completely in real life too.....

Intel 8700k @5ghz, 32gb ram, 1080ti, Rift S

4 hours ago, Enduro14 said:

Reflections don’t blend completely in real life too.....

Reflections in real life aren't static images on cockpit Plexiglass and gauges. 

Either have real time reflections or have them disabled. 

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...