Hind Over Latakia Syria

BIGNEWY

• ED Team

Hi all

In this special preview video of the Syria map for DCS World, we’re excited to also show off the Mi-24P HIND cockpit for the first time in a video. While still very much work in progress, we hope you enjoy this early look.

Thank you

• Like 3

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Good to see the WIP in progress is up to the point where it can fly and looks decent. Look forward to startup and systems familiarization videos as work progresses.

Wondering if it's far enough along to make a debut in 2020 or if we will more than likely see her in 2021. Either way, looks to be a nice addition.

Is multicrewing for the Hind planned to be available on (EA) release?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• ED Team
Is multicrewing for the Hind planned to be available on (EA) release?

Multi-crew is planned yes

• Like 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

It's a new day and a new dawn for us Mi-24 fans.

In this dark year of 2020, it's easy to get excited and happy over the little things.

But this is HUGE!

Thank you!

• Like 1

"Your pumping days are over, Megatron!" -Optimus Prime

"This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence" -Vyvian

For EA release or later?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Will we recieve some News soon about Multi Crew Development status in general? I wonder whether Huey Multi Crew is on the back drop for Hind Multi Crew optimization. Would be great to get some News on that Sector. Since it wasn't released in May as announced by Kate, rumours are great how Development is progressing.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

I am not really following you there mate. Might be a translation problem.

Considering the map > we'll gonna have to agree to disagree. I think the terrain looks gorgeous. I mean, let's not compare to other games > but compared to the maps we have in DCS, I'd say this is a giant leap.

With the Mi-24 Hind, I have no clue what you're on about with the AI here. I can't see how the AI has anything to do with how it looks and further, what have we even seen about it?

It's just Matt flying the helicopter. No AI present.

If the rotor speed is not correct or not, I can't really tell. And I fail to see why it matters.

It is the very first time we ever see the helicopter animated at all. The first time we see anything of it other than half finished render pictures or a static aircraft on the ground.

It is still a work in progress, and I bet rotor speed is not the FIRST thing they try to get correct.

Maybe flightmodel and instruments comes first?

Seems logical to me.

I am absolutly overjoyed that we got this first look, and the fact that the thing FLIES AT ALL and that the needles on the instruments seems to be showing what's actually going on,brings new hope to my very pessimistic and negátive old heart <3

Edited by Grodlund

"Your pumping days are over, Megatron!" -Optimus Prime

"This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence" -Vyvian

Is it actually a screen?

I always thought it's just a simple glass to put your map/mission plan behind.

In reality not a screen but just a box where to place your paper map. A cursor is just moving on the map during the flight. You have to calibrate the cursor on the map before your flight.

This mapping system seems to more advanced in the DCS module with a digital map...Which is a good thing because I have just placed a 11'' screen in my simpit in order to simulate the mapping or the aiming system of the gunner...:smilewink:

The Hind looks excellent. It will keep me busy and quiet for a long long time.

It does look like a simple image of a map... I am looking forward to calibrating my cursor!

:)

Edited by Rogue Trooper

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

In reality not a screen but just a box where to place your paper map. A cursor is just moving on the map during the flight. You have to calibrate the cursor on the map before your flight.

This mapping system seems to more advanced in the DCS module with a digital map...Which is a good thing because I have just placed a 11'' screen in my simpit in order to simulate the mapping or the aiming system of the gunner...:smilewink:

Interesting system, didn't realize that there's actually moving cursor biggrin.gif

Found this link from What we know + discussion -thread, nice close up of this system

• Like 1

Asus Prime X570-P * Ryzen 5800X3D + Scythe Fuma cooler * RTX 3080 TUF OC 10Gb * Corsair 64GB DDR4 3600MHz * Samsung 980 pro 1Tb + 2Tb nvme * Samsung 850 EVO 512Gb SSD * Corsair RM850x V2/2018 * HP Reverb G2 * CH Fighterstick/Pedals/Throttle * Win11

grudgingly, This will put the KA-50 BS-3 release date back a year or two.

For me, this is fine as the Hind will be a weapon that will occupy me for a very long time, then the OH-58D will come along and a whole new technological learning curve will need to be learnt.

But it will not quench our thirst for a top notch pre dator weapon system of the helicopter variety..... no sir!

The BS3 is the fastest route to true destruction of enemy assets, it will be the first heavy load offensive and defensive rotary winged killer in DCS world bar none!

In essence, BS3 will be a god damned one man war-zone that will occur where it is at!

But the hind will be very enjoyable, as will the OH-58..... ahem.

Edited by Rogue Trooper

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Very excited about the Hind. According to a survey we ran among our pilots, our AH platoon guys will mostly stick to AH helicopters like the Hind and are not really looking to get on the 58. It's slightly different for our UH platoon where we have quite a few pilots on Huey looking to transition to the OH platoon once the 58 is out.

I am not convinced we will see the 58 before the 24 though. It sounds like ED will first have the A10C II out and maybe Mosquito out before the 24, but I can be wrong. During this time, Polychop is still looking at the 58 available before end of year.

Edited by BaD CrC