J-11 Access?

Did something change with the J-11 recently? I've never bought the full FC3 bundle, just most of the modules individually over the years. Just noticed I can now fly the J-11 and I'm pretty sure I couldn't before, is it tied to the Su-27 now?

What's the difference? How do you fly it? I've never noticed any instant action or training missions for it. Do you have to create you own in the mission editor to fly it?

i5-11600K CPU, 64GB DDR4 RAM, XFX Speedster MERC319 AMD Radeon 6900 XT, Oculus Quest 2, HP Reverb G2

As far as I know there's no missions or training associated with it at all, it's just a flyable variant of the Su-27.

The primary difference is the ability to carry R-77s. Otherwise there's a few minor external changes, different liveries, and the cockpit is all in Chinese.

Not that they are that much better than a radar guided R-73:megalol:

Eagle Enthusiast, Fresco Fan. Patiently waiting for the F-15E. Clicky F-15C when?

HP Z400 Workstation

Intel Xeon W3680 (i7-980X) OC'd to 4.0 GHz, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC Gaming, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD. Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS, DIY opentrack head-tracking. I upload DCS videos here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-7L3Z5nJ-QUX5M7Dh1pGg

• 2 weeks later...