JF-17 BLOCK 3 because of the euro fighter typhoon?

E-TF[101] Breeze

PL-10 is not confirmed. And as far as we know exactly one prototype has flown. I see it possible as a module refresh in5 years maybe but that’s it, we’re already extremely modern with block 2. The Eurofighter we are getting has sidewinders and mechanical radar, no irst, so will have good performance but not be technically much crazier then what we have currently

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

;4261192']i think your right about that the block 2 is still more modern the the Euro fight typhoon

Only more modern by date, even the German Eurofighter has Radar MAWS, RWR cued IRIS-T, Rwr range without jammer pod. Voice control. Super cruise.

But it does not have AESA, so from early tranche 1/2 EF to AESA of JF-17 Block 3 is still a big jump for radar technology. The EF is one of the most expensive planes, it has top of the line defensive and warning systems.

Tranche 1 EF could be 2007 era. Our block 2 JF is 2015. Militaries don’t want their newest technologies compromised,, so that difference of dates is HUGE

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

Despite not having AESA (except the Kuwaiti ones), it does have the best non-AESA radar in the world. Regardless of the tranche, the Typhoon (even a Tranche 1) will be the best air to air platform in DCS by a very large margin for a long time to come, unless somehow we get a 5th gen jet.

Yes, reading up on it, it will be a peerless and respectable foe for Jeff:) In MP it’s what the JF was suppossed to do, use numbers and tactic to overwhelm a txhnically superior adversary. Sadly I don’t think the free trial didn’t bring many new people however.

The JF has an advantage in defensive systems before, this will make it second, but I’m so happy anyways, it will be so much fun to fly against or with, and who knows maybe I’ll have to get it.

I believe Pakistan has some degree of access to it as well, supplying military officers to Qatar and their relations, I think there is footage of them training together....

This also makes the PG map a better fit and more fleshed out for Jeff

Edited by AeriaGloria

Such things don't happen due to game balance reasons, "to compare with" other modules. They happen if there's enough information available, the manufacturer/operating airforce/government allows it, and the developer considers the effort is economically viable.

We don't even know which tranche and block of Typhoon we're getting yet. If it's an early one, the current JF-17 is a good match, in BVR. In dogfight the Typhoon is going to be superior to anything, including hypothetical JF17 block 3.

Jeff isn't the best in BVR. And the typhoon, any tranche with cannards, will run rings around it in dogfight. Typhoon may lose if it accidentally sucks Jeff into intake. XD

It's certainly small enough to fit!

But, good tactics will always shine through. If your airframe isn't going to stand up to another in a fair fight, then why are you engaging in fair fights?

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

;4260954']HI' date=' do you guys think we should get the JF-17 block 3 to compare with the euro fighter typhoon.[/quote']

What is it with these competitions for the latest and greatest?

Should we now want to see F-21 "Super Tomcat"?

Or F-35?

No.... The JF-17 as is is great because it is presenting one era of the aviation in one part of the world, not a Multiplayer competition that who get to fly latest aircraft.

Yes, the Eurofighter Typhoon will likely be the most modern and most capable aircraft DCS will get, depending now what they get to model now (they are still making it on the way of process), but let's be fair and square now, that developers shouldn't be put on competition with other studios to produce "latest and greatest" because some so feel.

Instead studios should be finding their projects to be something they have passion, they have good access, and that their product will fit to DCS World as overall somewhat.

With F/A-18C, F-16C etc we already stepped over the Cold War era theme that was generally expected with Flaming Cliffs 3 and since the Lock-On.

At least we have few studios developing some of the older aircrafts from the Cold War era, F-4, A-7, A-8, Mirage F1 etc. We would need more of the older 3rd and 4th generation aircrafts than newer ones.

What makes JF-17 so nice is as well that it is designed and built by someone else than a USA and for NATO countries.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Jeff isn't the best in BVR. And the typhoon, any tranche with cannards, will run rings around it in dogfight. Typhoon may lose if it accidentally sucks Jeff into intake. XD

Tranches

The Tranches are mere production contracts for the production and delivery of a defined number of aircraft and engines to the contracting nations over a contractually agreed delivery schedule. It's a wide spread misconception that Tranches translate into capabilities. This is not the case! Tranches are only indirectly related to capabilities as all aicraft are ofcourse build to a specific standard. However the capabilities were layed out in the WSPS and not the Tranche contracts!

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4262153&postcount=1

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

While I know EF has absurd amount of power, IIRC Rafale pilots said the EF canards are mainly for nose authority(instataneous turn) and the Rafale canards which are closer to wing help lift and give it a greater sustained turn.

I think Jeff can beat it with the right tactics even one on one, I WELCOME the challenge. For me the harder it is the more rewarding to beat. I love competition, and what better competition then something with DASS that has a brochure range of 50km. It’ll be hard yes, but imagine how EF pilots will realize their defensive systems won’t always save them and be reliant on such systems, then got shot down by a Jeff and feel like F-18 pilots that just got killed by MiG-21. Obviously the difference is smaller then that. I’m only scared of that DASS system and the RWR ranging not being a Jeff unique feature anymore. Those are the only things that could expose my sneaky sneak plans and save a stupid EF pilot.

Yeah way more people will be flying it then Jeff, so they really won’t be expecting two Jeff pilots to work together effectively. It’s possible and it will be fun, go to a server that bans EF or make one of its enough of an issue for you.

I used to fall in the trap of thinking hardware made the difference until I got into sims, and I realized that online PVP fights are often so unprofessional and so uncoordinated, that someone in the latest and greatest can very easily be vulnerable against someone that is well versed and an old hand at their platform. SD-10 still beats AMRAAM in DLZ, some MP players are hilariously bad at BFM or guns, so if you practice it will be possible, and very rewarding.

And imagine if the dynamic campaign comes out and cost of weapons is simulated with availability. There could be four or five JF-17s for one Eurofighter or probably more. It is such a gold plated solution, that if economics are well simulated with the dynamic campaign it will effectively be crippled and put in its proper “high” place where people will play it safe behind the front lines.

I think Jeff drivers have a lot to look forward to shooting the EF or flying with it, as I said I love competition, and the though of making EF drivers cry becuase they got spanked by a F-16ified MiG-21 makes me swoon like I saw the love of my life. I AM SO EXCITED to teach them the value of reasonably priced weapons

But seriously that DASS is insane, however it will go to some pilots head and they will think they are invulnerable

So don’t lose hope, and find some good Jeff partners in the meantime to become a killing machine, if pilots decide the fight then being in pairs can only be a plus:) Imagine how those EF pilots will go Rambo all alone thinking they’re safe, I couldn’t think for a better situation!

While I know EF has absurd amount of power, IIRC Rafale pilots said the EF canards are mainly for nose authority(instataneous turn) and the Rafale canards which are closer to wing help lift and give it a greater sustained turn.

I think Jeff can beat it with the right tactics even one on one, I WELCOME the challenge. For me the harder it is the more rewarding to beat. I love competition, and what better competition then something with DASS that has a brochure range of 50km. It’ll be hard yes, but imagine how EF pilots will realize their defensive systems won’t always save them and be reliant on such systems, then got shot down by a Jeff and feel like F-18 pilots that just got killed by MiG-21. Obviously the difference is smaller then that. I’m only scared of that DASS system and the RWR ranging not being a Jeff unique feature anymore. Those are the only things that could expose my sneaky sneak plans and save a stupid EF pilot.

Yeah way more people will be flying it then Jeff, so they really won’t be expecting two Jeff pilots to work together effectively. It’s possible and it will be fun, go to a server that bans EF or make one of its enough of an issue for you.

I used to fall in the trap of thinking hardware made the difference until I got into sims, and I realized that online PVP fights are often so unprofessional and so uncoordinated, that someone in the latest and greatest can very easily be vulnerable against someone that is well versed and an old hand at their platform. SD-10 still beats AMRAAM in DLZ, some MP players are hilariously bad at BFM or guns, so if you practice it will be possible, and very rewarding.

And imagine if the dynamic campaign comes out and cost of weapons is simulated with availability. There could be four or five JF-17s for one Eurofighter or probably more. It is such a gold plated solution, that if economics are well simulated with the dynamic campaign it will effectively be crippled and put in its proper “high” place where people will play it safe behind the front lines.

I think Jeff drivers have a lot to look forward to shooting the EF or flying with it, as I said I love competition, and the though of making EF drivers cry becuase they got spanked by a F-16ified MiG-21 makes me swoon like I saw the love of my life. I AM SO EXCITED to teach them the value of reasonably priced weapons

But seriously that DASS is insane, however it will go to some pilots head and they will think they are invulnerable

So don’t lose hope, and find some good Jeff partners in the meantime to become a killing machine, if pilots decide the fight then being in pairs can only be a plus:) Imagine how those EF pilots will go Rambo all alone thinking they’re safe, I couldn’t think for a better situation!

i totally agree 100%

cuz most of player dont understand what BVR battle is and JF already a modern fighter and u have to know this bird limits and u can win against EF its just relay on a good tactics and good thinking and making the right decision u can do a very high alt BVR battle switch to low alt BVR battle use terrain mask u have your datalink be near to a friendly when u engage JF is not a solo warrior that can do air-supremacy against so many enemy's choose your battle ground be wise and u will be unbeatable not cuz u fly JF cuz u know how to pick your fights and how to control it for your benefit there is no such a thing called ( invincible plane ) even F-14 that can launch a long range missiles die alot in public servers

i totally agree 100%

cuz most of player dont understand what BVR battle is and JF already a modern fighter and u have to know this bird limits and u can win against EF its just relay on a good tactics and good thinking and making the right decision u can do a very high alt BVR battle switch to low alt BVR battle use terrain mask u have your datalink be near to a friendly when u engage JF is not a solo warrior that can do air-supremacy against so many enemy's choose your battle ground be wise and u will be unbeatable not cuz u fly JF cuz u know how to pick your fights and how to control it for your benefit there is no such a thing called ( invincible plane ) even F-14 that can launch a long range missiles die alot in public servers

Lol and what exactly is holding off Eurofighter pilots to do the same? Learning their aircrafts pros/cons, teaming up with other Eurofighter pilots, train different tactics(together)??? What you write is true for every plane not only the JF-17! If you fight against a noob pilot in his shiny new toy and shoot him down where exactly is the reward in that?(arrogant pilots who think they are invincible because they have the newer toy are also noobs) Also i don't understand why everbody is now comparing their existing planes(F-14/JF-17) with the Eurofighter and how to beat it in MP air-quake battles? Just fly the aircraft you like to fly, it doesn't matter if it's the Eurofighter, JF-17/F-16, Mig-15 or what else, the only thing that matters is having FUN with it. But maybe i just can't understand your point because i don't like the "uncoordinated DCS MP style of missions(air-quake)" and my priority is SP.

This is no offence against you, reading the posts just put a smile and a question mark on my face. So have fun :beer:

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

u got the whole point wrong yes our talk can apply in every fighter in this game but remember something ( U ARE IN JF-17 SECTION SO SMILE YES WE ARE USING THE GENERAL TACTICS THAT EVERY FIGHTER CAN DO BUT WITH JF-17 INSIDE THE PHRASE CUZ ...... )

and i am not honestly not offence against u , just clarifying

Edited by Chiron