What is the Laser Designator ON/OFF binding (MAN Lasing)?

Charly_Owl

Hi all,

I was wondering what the "Laser Designator ON/OFF" binding (RCTRL+O) was in the cockpit, practically. This binding is required for manual lasing. There doesn't seem to be any switch or button on the HOTAS or cockpit referring to a laser designator...

I've seen this question asked many times, but no clear was given. I'd like to ask the Deka crew: what exactly this refers to in the cockpit?

Thanks in advance,

Chuck

I put it on first trigger stage so I don't accidentally fire the gun while using it. It wouldn't surprise me if it was like the Viper, the JF--17 was designed with cockpit commonality in mind for easy pilot conversion.

But I would also like a definite answer.

VC

=X51= Squadron is recruiting!

X51 website: https://x51squadron.com/

Join our Discord: https://discord.gg/d9JtFY4

• 6 months later...
2 hours ago, Razor5-1 said:

I myself was just looking for the same information. Can't seem to find what the action control is in the cockpit. I too would imagine it is some stage of trigger press. But would love the actual answer.

Its called Laser Designator in the controls list. You'll have to switch off Auto mode on the pod to do manual or buddy lasing.

• 2 months later...
16分钟前,uboats说:

no binding, you have to press MFCD button, that's IRL.

But now the manual lasing procedure is "press MFCD button to change AUTO to MAN, then press 'Laser Designator ON/OFF' or RCtrl+O on the keyboard".

The MFCD button can only toggle AUTO/MAN mode but don't actually turn on the laser. Laser can only be finally triggered through RCtrl+O and we have no MFCD button to finally trigger the laser firing. Shouldn't there be a button or switch somewhere in the cockpit, or a button on the MFCD to trigger the laser? Real pilots don't have a keyboard with RCtrl+O right?

Edited by Torbernite

Human allowed, demon allowed, Deka never allowed.

Distort allowed, provoke allowed, fight back never allowed.

15 minutes ago, Torbernite said:

But now the manual lasing procedure is "press MFCD button to change AUTO to MAN, then press 'Laser Designator ON/OFF' or RCtrl+O on the keyboard". The MFCD button can only toggle AUTO/MAN mode but we have no MFCD button to finally trigger the laser firing. Shouldn't there be a button or switch somewhere in the cockpit or a button on the MFCD to trigger the laser?

ahh,, will check

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/7/2022 at 8:36 PM, Torbernite said:

Let's celebrate the end of this question!

It says a lot about Jf-17 and Deka that this was one of the biggest mysteries about JF-17. Where the manual laser control was done. Happy to it resolved 

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg