vJOY _ JoestickGremling_trim dosen,t works

pabletesoy

Hello,

I have configured some buttons to do the timming in DCS but, for some reason I don't know, it doesn't work. Inside the controls tab if I press the key, it recognizes the assignments, but then flying the planes the trim does not react at all ...

I,m triying to swich off Vjoy to localize the problem, but even if i turn it off it keeps showing up in both JG and DCS controls. Cuando desinstalo Vjoy el tornado funciona

I have the VKB Modern Combat Pro 3.

1888586463_Sin-ttulo-1.thumb.jpg.a1c53a1f62a3ad07dd56a86a6166d0cf.jpg

Edited by pabletesoy

I am going to explain the problems in more detail in case someone can give me an idea.

I am very happy with VKBDevCfg, it is a magnificent program, but I need to use Joetick Gremling to unify the rest of the devices (throttle and pedals) and to apply them different control. Also, the throttle comes with a bad shotware and JG allows me to configure it a lot better.

JG needs Vjoy to work, but this program is no longer supported because it doesn't want to pay for fireware or something like that ... bureaucratic problems with windows.

I have VKB and JG well configured (images attached), VJOy is problem ... I attached screenshots of the trim action.

The rest of the actions works, ithe problem is only with the trim.

trim.thumb.jpg.8aa716a78a4a808e519c586869846cf7.jpg

I don't have a solution in vJoy for you, but I know you can use the buttons on the joystick to basically create a trim. Which you can then combine with your pitch and roll axis, so essentially, the trimming is done in the joystick firmware itself.

Here are some instructions: http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewtopic.php?t=3693

Edited by Shiny

Another alternative, is to use the left analog hat, as an analog trim. VKB allows you to add or subtract two analog axis together. So that's another way to add a trim. So this is a several step process.

1. Make the left analog hat a relative axis instead of an absolute axis. That means when you move the hat and release, the axis doesn't return to center. The left hat is axis 5 and 6.

2. Now, we're going to combine axis 5 and 6 values with axis 1 and 2 (your pitch and roll axis respectively). Here, I'm combining it with 50% of the effect of the analog hat. You can choose whatever value you want. Note: if the trim axis is being reversed, changed the Sign option from a '-' to a '+'.

The first screenshot shows the results of steps 1 and 2

3. Finally, we're going to use the push button on the left analog hat to completely reset your trim to zero. The push button on the left analog hat is button 22, so click on it and change its function to reset the axis. See the third screenshot. Note, doing so means you lose button 22 for use with your games as an input.

Note: all of these is in the VKB manual, section 3.5. https://vkbcontrollers.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/controller_2_11_En.pdf

Step1.thumb.JPG.3ed85702cbb02c50a4c5c241305d416f.JPG

Step3.thumb.JPG.42a1fecec62e1c46371a556c310d7fdf.JPG

Step3a.JPG.711fac985a6e2c297e553e5b4b105936.JPG

Edited by Shiny

Thanks for the ideas Brillante, they are really very ingenious

But the problem is in Vjoy. The only way for the trim to work, even with the simple keyboard without other hardware, is to disable it.

I use Joestick Gremling and it needs Vjoy to works...

I'm totally lost with this strange erro.

• 2 weeks later...