Supercarrier missing

738_driver

Hello,

I am new to DCS World.

I purchased the Early access Supercarrier. I downloaded and installed the DCS Beta version from the Module Manager but the Nimitz-class carriers are not present. The Supercarrier logo at the bottom of the main screen appears but can not be activated.

I ran the dcs_updater, but it has not fixed the issue.

I am running version 2.2.6.49314, which I am told is the latest.

When I run Instant Action, only the Su-33 and Admiral Kuznetsov appear.

I have read the comments in this forum, but I can not see the solution to my problem.

I am probably not understanding the process.

I would greatly appreciate help in fixing my problem

Thanks.

You do have the latest version of Open Beta

In the module manager, click on Installed - does the Supercarrier appear in the list of modules (on mine it is at the top)?

If not, go to the Modules tab and download it (do not click buy if that is showing)

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

You probably do not own the f18 or f14. Both come with missions including the supecarrier.

You probably need to create your own missions, but will not be able actually fly, as you do not own any carrier capable plane.

Oh, the su-33 should work. Does have any missions including the supercarrier?

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X | 64GB DDR4-3200 Ram | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | MFG Crosswind rudder pedals | HP Reverb

go to missions

Hello,

I am new to DCS World.

I purchased the Early access Supercarrier. I downloaded and installed the DCS Beta version from the Module Manager but the Nimitz-class carriers are not present. The Supercarrier logo at the bottom of the main screen appears but can not be activated.

I ran the dcs_updater, but it has not fixed the issue.

I am running version 2.2.6.49314, which I am told is the latest.

When I run Instant Action, only the Su-33 and Admiral Kuznetsov appear.

I have read the comments in this forum, but I can not see the solution to my problem.

I am probably not understanding the process.

I would greatly appreciate help in fixing my problem

Thanks.

if you have f18 or f14 go to the missions option and you will see lots of missions. Look for SUPER CARRIER missions and there you go.

You probably do not own the f18 or f14. Both come with missions including the supecarrier.

You probably need to create your own missions, but will not be able actually fly, as you do not own any carrier capable plane.

Oh, the su-33 should work. Does have any missions including the supercarrier?

Thank you for your response. Yes, you are correct. I do not have either the f18 nor f14. I am in the process of running the repair function right now, which will take several hours. As soon as it is completed I will try your suggestion.

Thank you for your response. Yes, you are correct. I do not have either the f18 nor f14. I am in the process of running the repair function right now, which will take several hours. As soon as it is completed I will try your suggestion.

By the way, both f18 and f14 are worth every penny. I created a mission in which I just sit in a f14 with Open canopy watching all the ai launch.

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X | 64GB DDR4-3200 Ram | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | MFG Crosswind rudder pedals | HP Reverb

if you have f18 or f14 go to the missions option and you will see lots of missions. Look for SUPER CARRIER missions and there you go.

Super Carrier missions are not showing. the product is purchased and installed and shows up as an ICON on the starting screen and also under installed, it is at the very top and is green slide-bar right position. No supercarrier missions in the F/A 18 or anywhere else. I can fly to/from the Stennis without issues so i know my F/A 18 is good to go. thanks for any help with this. DCS version 2.5.6 on initial splash screen. I have Caucasus, Nevada, & Normandy...is that my problem, i need Persian Gulf ?

Edited by bad_turbulence

I thought I had figured out why I can’t access the US carriers. I thought it was because I do not have any US carrier aircraft like the F14 or the F/A18. It is only logical that a Russian aircraft would not be on an American carrier and Vice Versa. However, bad_turbulence has the F/A-18 but can not locate the DCS Supercarrier missions.

So, buying the F14 or the F/A18 would not help me.

Super Carrier missions are not showing. the product is purchased and installed and shows up as an ICON on the starting screen and also under installed, it is at the very top and is green slide-bar right position. No supercarrier missions in the F/A 18 or anywhere else. I can fly to/from the Stennis without issues so i know my F/A 18 is good to go. thanks for any help with this. DCS version 2.5.6 on initial splash screen. I have Caucasus, Nevada, & Normandy...is that my problem, i need Persian Gulf ?

You did look in "missions" the 3rd menu option on the main page and not instant action?

• 3 months later...

Since today patch i have no Supercarriers. Select them in ME but when start the mission they´re gone. If i put a Hornet at the ramp when mission start the Hornet sinks.

EDIT: did a repair and disabled one mod that i thought i disabled in first place. It´s ok now.

Edited by fagulha

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

point to note i can place the hsip in misison builder no problem but when i run that misison its dissapeared

Check your mods if you have. I always disable my mods before trying the new updates and this time i forgot one and probably was the culprit.

Give feedback please,

Best regards.

F.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

I just tried the F14 Case 1 in Syria, with the super carrier, and spent 30 minutes flying a racetrack, no carrier group found, and no carrier showing up on the comms menu either..

AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX with Radeon Graphics           3.00 GHz

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit