PointCTRL - Finger Mounted VR Controller

WMR USERS:

To remove the three virtual monitors created when WMR starts:

You can disable the "Virtual Display Adapter" in Device Manager. The three virtual displays will not reappear. You may have to turn on "Show Hidden Devices" under View menu at the top to see it.

A dozen reboots and one minor windows update and the fix is still working.

That takes care of that annoyance...

LOL I even reported that bug to Microsoft via the Windows 10 Feedback-App months ago, but guess what, Microsoft don't care . . . . . .

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

• 2 weeks later...

Just though I'd share my aux button setup on my HP Reverb

Very happy with the result. I use the left bank for NVG (+ gain and decrease) and for the right one I bound the Hornet cat launch salute (only had 1 hour playtime so far, so in time I'll decide how to use the other two buttons)

thumbnail_20200907_094238.thumb.jpg.b3e03aec34003880dda9d8976f25a249.jpg

thumbnail_20200907_094312.thumb.jpg.f927d682b2a518d8fb9e422716eddb4c.jpg

thumbnail_20200907_094326.thumb.jpg.a70ab5d9919da580e019f298aa148b45.jpg

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

LOL I even reported that bug to Microsoft via the Windows 10 Feedback-App months ago, but guess what, Microsoft don't care . . . . . .

According to Microsoft it is not a bug, but a feature. It is pre-rendering extra virtual monitors for enterprise VR use to avoid the large pause when Win32 apps are launched. Not good for gaming though.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/mixed-reality/new-microsoft-edge

Hey Guys,

Sorry it's been a while since I posted an update.

I have a hard deadline with delivering an USAF VR simpit controls hardware upgrade. These are commercial off the shelf Spec Tech products that will be in stock soon.

I will post more soon, but basically these are Warthog stick and pedal conversions that implement real world stick forces without putting any strain on the plastic ball joint or keyway off the Standard Warthog base. Same with the TRP pedals.

PointCTRL Update: The v2 FCUs are proofed and I am still working on the new HMS firmware. I found out that I went a bit to small for larger fingers and I will be offering at least two different FCU sizes for comfort and ease of use to the FCU buttons.

I am still offering V1 and am up to 425 on the waiting list. If your number is less than 425 on Firecats list and want v1, just follow the direction in the first post.

If your waiting on v2, stand by to stand by.

I also want to thank everyone for their continued support and patience.

Miles

Edited by MilesD

Now shipping up to website Pre-Order Form date 2022/05/15

Pre-Order  Form Submission https://pointctrl.com/preorder-form/

PointCTRL Support Discord https://discord.gg/jH5FktJ

PintCTRL Website https://pointctrl.com/

PointCTRLsmall.jpg

Hey Guys,

Sorry it's been a while since I posted an update.

I have a hard deadline with delivering an USAF VR simpit controls hardware upgrade. These are commercial off the shelf Spec Tech products that will be in stock soon.

I will post more soon, but basically these are Warthog stick and pedal conversions that implement real world stick forces without putting any strain on the plastic ball joint or keyway off the Standard Warthog base. Same with the TRP pedals.

PointCTRL Update: The v2 FCUs are proofed and I am still working on the new HMS firmware. I found out that I went a bit to small for larger fingers and I will be offering at least two different FCU sizes for comfort and ease of use to the FCU buttons.

I am still offering V1 and am up to 425 on the waiting list. If your number is less than 425 on Firecats list and want v1, just follow the direction in the first post.

If your waiting on v2, stand by to stand by.

I also want to thank everyone for their continued support and patience.

Miles

Congrats Miles. Glad the Fast Mover types at taking you up on the VR (and now joystick too??) improvements. And congrats on Mover giving you a shout out (and for you supporting Folds of Honor!)

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

48 more spots to go. Can't wait to give you my $$. Great job

Asus Prime Z390-A Motherboard LGA1151 (Intel 8th and 9th Gen)

Intel Core i7-9700K Coffee Lake 8-Core 3.6 GHz (4.9 GHz Turbo) Desktop Processor Intel UHD Graphics 630, 32gb DDR Ram CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB DDR4 DRAM ,   Aorus GeForce RTX 3080 Xtreme 10G 2.0, Corsair H115i RGB Platinum AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, Intel 115X/2066, AMD AM4/TR4, Corsair CP-9020180-NA RMX Series RM850x 80 Plus Gold Fully Modular ATX Power Supply, 4 SSD 1TB

Nice update Miles. Good luck with your continued projects!

Techlabs Chameleon Watercooled Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 500 gig SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Drive : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" 8192MB : 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply : 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz : Occulus Rift S : TM Warthog : MFG Crosswind V2 : Win 10 64. PointCTRL.

• 2 weeks later...

One of my controllers appears to have given up the ghost. Was working fine one minute, and then nothing. doesen't appear to be charging either.

Any reset instructions? Battery replacement?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

One of my controllers appears to have given up the ghost. Was working fine one minute, and then nothing. doesen't appear to be charging either.

Any reset instructions? Battery replacement?

Hey Harlikwin,

Sorry to hear your FCU is DOA. The batteries should be good for several hundred charges. We can try swapping out the battery with the other controller to confirm if its the battery. I can just send a warranty replacement battery or FCU, whichever it is.

If I don't have pics in the discord on how to change the battery I will put them in there tomorrow.

Miles

PointCTRLsmall.jpg

Thanks Miles, don't see anything on discord but I'm willing to try it. I can't quite figure out how to take them apart though, I can get one side, but not the other with the "straps".

It could very well be just the battery, I've had them for nearly a year with moderately heavy use. I also noticed that particular one was starting to run out of juice during play before.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Hi Miles,

Replied on the discord as well. Both batteries are like 4.06-4.07V so that seems like its not the issue. Swapping them also resulted in just the right hand one still working. So it seems like the issue is with the left hand unit, maybe the power button or LED or something.

Hey Guys

I will be going to ground for a few days, out on Block Island, Ri with the wife. I should be operational again in a few days.

Apologies for not getting everthing shipped I wanted to before we departed.

Thanks

Miles

PointCTRLsmall.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hey All,

I got sick again and have been out of the loop. I also had to change my trip to Davis Montham AFB to install the pit mods project.

There are a few backed up orders and warranty items that I am checking on the shipping status of, and a few that have yet to ship. I will be unboxing and doing a alcohol cleaning of all PointCTRL components as well as putting them under UVB lights to kill anything living that may be on a surface. I am just being cautious, I tested negative for Corona several times, and only had a series of Upper Respiratory Infections.

Sorry for delays, and not being active on here, or the PDs.

I am always way off with eta's, so I am not even going to try. I have been making improvements to a production system and have hired some help. I will post the progress as I get back up to speed physically.

Thanks for all of your support and patience.

Miles

PointCTRLsmall.jpg

Hey All,

I got sick again and have been out of the loop. I also had to change my trip to Davis Montham AFB to install the pit mods project.

There are a few backed up orders and warranty items that I am checking on the shipping status of, and a few that have yet to ship. I will be unboxing and doing a alcohol cleaning of all PointCTRL components as well as putting them under UVB lights to kill anything living that may be on a surface. I am just being cautious, I tested negative for Corona several times, and only had a series of Upper Respiratory Infections.

I am always way off with eta's, so I am not even going to try. I have been making improvements to a production system and have hired some help. I will post the progress as I get back up to speed physically.

Miles

Good to hear you're on the mend Miles, hang in there!8b194642fd50f5de14ff39400de7daf1.jpg

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk

I7-9700KF@5ghz, 32GB DDR4 3200, RTX 3090, Pimax 5k+, Virpil T-50CM2 base with Warthog, F/A-18, T-50cm, and VFX grips, Saitek X65F, Saitek Switch Panel, TM Cougar MFDs, TM TPR pedals, JetSeat and bass pucks, H640P for VRK, PointCtrl

3rd Space Vest project for basic G Seat/G Suit simulation

Hey All,

Miles

Oh no. Hang in there Miles! Feel better. Do you want me to make a call to the TMC? You know, Tylenol/Motrin/Crutches? :D

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Don’t you know 800mg Motrin is all the military uses?

(grunt candy)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

Don’t you know 800mg Motrin is all the military uses?

(grunt candy)

:) That and the combat lifesavers who only want to stick you with saline no matter *what* it is. :D

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

:) That and the combat lifesavers who only want to stick you with saline no matter *what* it is. :D

Ah yes, On the teams, we used to stick each other with Ringers at the end of a hard night of drinking. Would wake up a few hours later fresh and ready to go. Surprisingly, the sticks seemed to go better in our "enhanced states".

PointCTRLsmall.jpg

Ah yes, On the teams, we used to stick each other with Ringers at the end of a hard night of drinking. Would wake up a few hours later fresh and ready to go. Surprisingly, the sticks seemed to go better in our "enhanced states".

Ah, the miraculous recovery! :) Ringers Lactate could solve the Middle East Peace conundrum.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

Why is this guy using plywood in front of him?

To stablize his hand, not necessary but helpful.

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk

I7-9700KF@5ghz, 32GB DDR4 3200, RTX 3090, Pimax 5k+, Virpil T-50CM2 base with Warthog, F/A-18, T-50cm, and VFX grips, Saitek X65F, Saitek Switch Panel, TM Cougar MFDs, TM TPR pedals, JetSeat and bass pucks, H640P for VRK, PointCtrl

3rd Space Vest project for basic G Seat/G Suit simulation

I tried it and found it to be more trouble than it’s worth.

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)