FA-18C Aggressors BFM Campaign

This just happened to me also. I quit flying this campaign when the INS went wacky, I thought it was fixed?

PC: ASROCK Z370 Gaming K6 | Intel i7 8700K | GeForce 2080TI | 32GB GeSkill 3200 RAM | GeForce 2080TI | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO M.2

FLIGHT STUFF: Rift S | Warthog Base | Virpil Base | Hornet Grip | A-10 Grip | Cougar Grip | Virpil F-14 Grip | Cougar MFD's | A-10C UFC | Saitek Flight Panels | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Hi!

In first BFM mission F5 & F16 went under the hard deck quite quickly and were claimed agressor's victories. Then I shot down F15. In the debrief was said that i did not kill all the bandits and major is disappointed. And the mission is marked as partial success. Any chance to count hard deck as a victory?

Also is there any way to prevent UZI 2.1 from messing during approach and landing?

Intel Core i5 7600k, 16 GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1070, SSD

VKB Gunfighter Mk. III + MCG PRO, Saitek X52PRO, Saitek Flight Rudder Pedals

FC3, Fw 190D, P-51D, BS2, A-10C, F-86F, MiG-21Bis, Mi-8MTV, UH-1H, Bf 109K-4, MiG-15Bis, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, F/A-18C, F-16C, AV-8B

We thought about that but decided we really want to count the player kills as real shoot-downs instead of some AI driver not paying attention.

If the AI improves we will consider changing that perspective. Hopefully ED will implement a Hard Deck limit for the AI someday so it can be a programmed limit.

As for UZI 2-1 on approach he should peel off when you get to the race track. If he is not doing that can you post a trk or video and we can investigate further.

Thanks for the feedback!

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

We thought about that but decided we really want to count the player kills as real shoot-downs instead of some AI driver not paying attention.

If the AI improves we will consider changing that perspective. Hopefully ED will implement a Hard Deck limit for the AI someday so it can be a programmed limit.

As for UZI 2-1 on approach he should peel off when you get to the race track. If he is not doing that can you post a trk or video and we can investigate further.

Thanks for the feedback!

I see!

Maybe that time I've turned to runway before the race track and that was a problem. UZI 2-1 peels off above the track.

Also had problems with TACAN on Arco tanker. The same channel is used on the ground near the route of the tanker. And my plane captures the ground station, not the tanker.

FC3, Fw 190D, P-51D, BS2, A-10C, F-86F, MiG-21Bis, Mi-8MTV, UH-1H, Bf 109K-4, MiG-15Bis, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, F/A-18C, F-16C, AV-8B

I see!

Maybe that time I've turned to runway before the race track and that was a problem. UZI 2-1 peels off above the track.

Also had problems with TACAN on Arco tanker. The same channel is used on the ground near the route of the tanker. And my plane captures the ground station, not the tanker.

Did you select A/A for the tanker freq?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you select A/A for the tanker freq?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My fault! Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

before I get a refund...

I can't get the waypoints to update so I can't even finish the NTTR mission properly. I get to waypoint GARTH and then am repeatedly told to stay in the track. Can anyone describe the "INS bug"... I looked at post 49 and the youtube video, but that doesn't tell me much about the issue or how to remediate.

I can't get the waypoints to update so I can't even finish the NTTR mission properly. I get to waypoint GARTH and then am repeatedly told to stay in the track. Can anyone describe the "INS bug"... I looked at post 49 and the youtube video, but that doesn't tell me much about the issue or how to remediate.

A trk file would help.

There is no "INS Bug" the actual issue is redair doesn't use GPS for alignment. So the manual mode to align is highlighted in post 49 and several other post in this thread. If your waypoint data appears to be frozen as you're flying, then you didn't align manually as instructed. However, we don't really know without a trk file. Fly the mission, and when you get the issue, exit out and hit the save track option on the debrief screen. Share it here for others to review and try to duplicate the issue.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

Thanks for your offer of help.

Turns out it was post 44 and it does mention how to set the first waypoint if the bird hasn't moved:

1. Coordinates of the first waypoint can be used to set own coordinates after INS align completed

a) on HSI page choose wpt 0 using PB12 "up" or PB13 "dn", then press PB14 "WPDSG"

b) on HSI page press PB7 "UPDT", press PB7 "DSG", press PB6 "ACPT"

That did the trick for me, so all is good now.

My track is 32MB, which exceeds the file size limits.

Glad it is sorted.

Regarding size of track, most use a cloud to upload it temporarily.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi Everyone,  I just finished reading all of the prior posts and don't see any answer to my question. 

After I check in on my approach to GATE 1 I am told to SQUAWK MODE 3 TACTICAL.  What code is this to punch into the IFF mode 3.  I can't find this anywhere.  This is the first campaign that I purchased and starting to work my way through as time here permits. 

Thanks in Advance,

Wayne

Wayne Wilson

AKA: hrnet940

Alienware Aurora R3, i7 3820 3.5GHz(4.2GHz setting) processor, EVGA Nvidia RTX 2070 8GB Graphics, 16GB Ram, 1TB SSD.

Sorry we didn't notice your earlier question.

This request to squawk mode 3 tactical was heard from actual Red Flag controllers so we included it in the mission, however the IFF is not fully modeled in the sim so it doesn't have any actual usage.

To simulate it you could enter the aircraft's pressure altitude:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aviation_transponder_interrogation_modes

https://code7700.com/transponder.htm

Mode 3 (Military) / Mode C (Civilian)

Provides the aircraft's pressure altitude, sometimes called "Mode 3C."

Edited by Sabre-TLA

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, I think you should see this:

Recorded during the second attempt to the first mission of the practice campaign. Got killed by him in the first flight. RTB and landing is of course optional here but practice campaign is just a partial copy of the main one I suppose, so it might happen there too.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/6/2020 at 7:33 PM, Yuriks said:

I can not move past first training flight with F5. After it ends for whatever reason, there is a command "recycle India".

I circle it forever but the next training flight, with F-16, does not start.

Any advice? :noexpression:

I also tried this and have the same problem.

Once you get back to India you need to issue the "Ready" command via F10 menu to get the next engagement started.  This tells the controllers that you are ready for the next engagement.  You should see the Ready command appear in the F10 menu when you are a within a couple of nautical miles from the waypoint.