Where is the default warthog controller profile loayout?

It took me a while to realize that DCS comes with default profiles for the F/A-18 for the Warthog controllers.

It took me so long because flying was impossible with it, as the default would assign my rudder controller (MFG crosswind) to the same axis as the Warthog controller, so it mad flying impossible.

But now that we have a default controller assignment, (thank you!), I struggle because I cannot find the layout of that assignment anywhere documented.

pdf image of the controller with the assignment on it?

Did anybody create that?

It should ship with dcs.

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X | 64GB DDR4-3200 Ram | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | MFG Crosswind rudder pedals | HP Reverb

One of the choices that ED made a long time ago was to offer a bare minimum in the way of profiles for controllers. There is a dizzying number of potential combinations and a greater number of individual preferences. That makes creating profiles one of the costs of preparing a new module for use. The only module I know that has a great Warthog profile is the A-10C. It is the same profile as the real jet. (My preference for every aircraft.) You can use it or not but I do. It's really nice having one aircraft that only requires a check box in the options to go flying straight away. It is a decent starting point for all of the US jets and can be modified for the others quite well.

The forums for controllers may offer profiles and the downloads section has some. Personally, the best I've seen for either is no more than a decent starting point. I always begin my control setup by clearing out all of the default selections that don't suit my preferred way to set up controls. I do my best to use the primary button assignments similarly in every module. For example: the stick trim switch is a trim switch, period, and ALL of the views, internal and external, get deleted. Having trackIR or VR and not having to deal with snap views is a big plus. It's not always possible but I can usually limit the number of differences to where the difference is memorable.

I understand setting up controls is a PITA. Do it a few dozen times and you'll get the hang of it as well as develop personal preferences that best suit your style. You'll probably come to prefer it once you figure out that you don't have to like the drill, you just have to go through it.

Edited by tweet
  • Like 1